US Credit Rating....tick..tick..tick

That is why President WTF would change the estate tax and slap it on a dead mans ass! Originally Posted by WTF
Don't you mean "Emperor WTF"?
  • WTF
  • 04-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Don't you mean "Emperor WTF"? Originally Posted by pjorourke
Now you're talking!

overhaul the fuc'd up tax system and cut out all their loopholes. Originally Posted by WTF
That's kind of like saying let's get rid of all the bad guys.

Why don't you get specific WTF?...which "loopholes" are you talking about?
  • WTF
  • 04-21-2011, 12:57 PM

Why don't you get specific WTF?...which "loopholes" are you talking about? Originally Posted by Rudyard K

All of them
The loopholes that allow corporations like GE to not pay any taxes. I think it's genius of any company to take advantage of that. However, the only way to prevent this from happening is to cut out the loopholes. I'm not familiar enough with the tax code to list them but it's apparent there are many.

• WTF
  • 04-21-2011, 01:17 PM
. I'm not familiar enough with the tax code to list them but it's apparent there are many.
Originally Posted by jenesys
No Rudyard wants you to list all the ones that you want to get rid of!

Tell ya what Rudyard, below is a link where you can buy the latest version of the tax code. How about we go over it with a fine tooth comb and straighten it out for the folks.

http://www.amazon.com/Federal-Income.../dp/0808021389
I'd like a report on your findings by tomorrow morning. I think if you guys apply yourselves that we can have this resolved by late next week.
  • WTF
  • 04-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I'd like a report on your findings by tomorrow morning. I think if you guys apply yourselves that we can have this resolved by late next week. Originally Posted by jenesys
I'm finished with mine. Rudyard might take a while longer. Sounds like there are some loopholes he might be fond of!

Why don't you get specific WTF?...which "loopholes" are you talking about? Originally Posted by Rudyard K
Let him bark...loopholes...shoompholes ..assholes

Its like worrying about emptying the dishwasher while your house is flooding.

Fundamentally the government needs to cut services (& as a result spending). PERIOD
Fundamentally the government needs to cut services (& as a result spending). PERIOD Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Word!!!
Fundamentally the government needs to cut services (& as a result spending). PERIOD Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Why not a two-pronged approach: raise income and cut spending. I'm willing to see the axe fall on spending so long as income rises.

And no BS about "taxing businesses that supply jobs." The tax cuts are still in effect without new jobs, and there's no evidence for the "taxing businesses that supply jobs" BS theory.
Why not a two-pronged approach: raise income and cut spending. I'm willing to see the axe fall on spending so long as income rises.

And no BS about "taxing businesses that supply jobs." The tax cuts are still in effect without new jobs, and there's no evidence for the "taxing businesses that supply jobs" BS theory. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
huh?
You can't get anything from the poor. They're getting money and services for nothing.

You can't get anything from the rich. The truly wealthy. They're too powerful.

So that leaves everyone in the middle. The ones that didn't get a bailout.
Us.
Why not a two-pronged approach: raise income and cut spending. I'm willing to see the axe fall on spending so long as income rises. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
We've played that suckers game before. The tax increases get implemented and spending cuts don't.

Besides, we don't have a revenue problem -- its well within the historical range. Its the fucking spending that is out of control. Chuck, the federal government's spending is up 60% this decade. Federal spending as a percentage of GDP is up from 18.5% to 24.2%. That is insane and unsustainable. Bush started this mess and Obama has made it twice as bad.

The solution is very simple. Cut everything!!!
All of them Originally Posted by WTF
No Rudyard wants you to list all the ones that you want to get rid of!

Tell ya what Rudyard, below is a link where you can buy the latest version of the tax code. How about we go over it with a fine tooth comb and straighten it out for the folks.

http://www.amazon.com/Federal-Income.../dp/0808021389 Originally Posted by WTF
I'm finished with mine. Rudyard might take a while longer. Sounds like there are some loopholes he might be fond of! Originally Posted by WTF
I just wanted to see if you had any idea of what you were talking about when you said "Loopholes". I think I got my answer.