What is the Democrat's position on the securing our borders?

Speed racer. IF THEY ARE SO DESPERATE, why then did they not settle for sanctuary in Mexico, or go SOUTH towards Pamama or Costa rica? IF THEY ARE SO BLOODY DESPERATE why is America the "only viable solution to sav them"? Originally Posted by garhkal
I don't know and I don't disagree with you. All I can say is I'd rather live in the U.S. than Panama, Costa Rica, or Mexico. I have been to all 3 countries multiple times and I know several people who live there and love the countries. And, if accepted, the members of the caravan would be much better off there than in their home countries in my opinion. But the U.S. is still a better option. But the odds are that very few of the members of the caravan will ever be allowed into this country.
Actually, you are wrong! I compliment those who are correct, unless, of course, they are predicting on a 50-50 event in which case there's an even chance to win or lose.

As for today's results: I've listened to a lot of "pundits" just like I did in 2016 and the anti-never Trumpers seem to be saying the same thing based on ..... "polls"! As a practical matter there is insufficient data upon which to make a legitimate "prediction" when races get within the margin of error (which is why it is called a "margin of error" BTW).

This election is breaking new ground. And I heard the flaw last night when one of the "pundits" started talking about "their turnout (Democrats) in the "early voting"! "Flaw" ... because I am a Democrat and I know some "Democrats" that voted early. I also know from them privately for whom they voted.

In most of these races that are within the margin of error based on the polling who ever PRE-GUESSES (it's not really a "prediction") the result is doing nothing more than tossing a coin. We see that a lot on Saturday and Sunday these days...and during the week.

If one has ever actually run a campaign (set the tone and strategy, then crunched the numbers) one is aware of the variables in the decision making that can CAUSE the results to go one way or another. The 2016 election is a CLASSIC EXAMPLE of poor decision making based on some weak assumptions.

While folks were marginalizing Trump and his Team as "jokes" and people to be disrespected, the Trump Team was approaching the electionS with a "marketing attitude" as though they were planning the development of a property. The Number One job in a "marketing strategy" is to determine "THE MARKET"!

He did. She didn't. And with all due respect, SpeedRacer, you didn't either. The bottom line is:

The 2018 MidTerms are: "Much Ado About Nothing"! Originally Posted by LexusLover

Thank you for your civil response. I disagree with little in your post other than your final statement:

"The 2018 MidTerms are: "Much Ado About Nothing"!

If Democrats take control of the House, difficult as it was for Trump to pass legislation in his first 2 years with a Republican Senate and House, he will get much less passed in the next 2 years.

Most of your statements on predicting the outcome of the voting are correct. Although at the House level polling is much less meaningful than at the Senate level. I just find it fun and interesting to see what people believe will happen and why they believe it will happen. If I am right and others are wrong, I won't make a big, or even little, deal out of it.

This has been a very interesting campaign. Based on early voting, records will be set for a mid-term election. People are energized and that is good. Again you are correct in that there are many contests that can go either way in both the House and Senate and those races will determine who controls what. But I disagree with you if you think that the mid-term results won't have consequences for the next 2 years.
Much ado about nothing?

Sounds like you’re looking for an easy out after weeks of promoting Trump’s hateful rhetoric and associated conspiracy theories.

But that’s why we love you LL!

Hope you don’t get accosted by marauding invaders on your way to the polls!
I turned off the TV , and radio I am tired of the Lamestream wishful reporting I will find out tomorrow !!
I find it interesting too. I have 3 friends who never,ever voted before in the mid term elections and they did this year. One thing you can say about Trump - this is the most exciting mid term election ever!

Thank you for your civil response. I disagree with little in your post other than your final statement:

"The 2018 MidTerms are: "Much Ado About Nothing"!

If Democrats take control of the House, difficult as it was for Trump to pass legislation in his first 2 years with a Republican Senate and House, he will get much less passed in the next 2 years.

Most of your statements on predicting the outcome of the voting are correct. Although at the House level polling is much less meaningful than at the Senate level. I just find it fun and interesting to see what people believe will happen and why they believe it will happen. If I am right and others are wrong, I won't make a big, or even little, deal out of it.

This has been a very interesting campaign. Based on early voting, records will be set for a mid-term election. People are energized and that is good. Again you are correct in that there are many contests that can go either way in both the House and Senate and those races will determine who controls what. But I disagree with you if you think that the mid-term results won't have consequences for the next 2 years. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
  • WTF
  • 11-06-2018, 11:30 AM
I find it interesting too. I have 3 friends who never,ever voted before in the mid term elections and they did this year. One thing you can say about Trump - this is the most exciting mid term election ever! Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Were those the same friends that told you about the vaccination reversible shot?
I turned off the TV , and radio I am tired of the Lamestream wishful reporting I will find out tomorrow !! Originally Posted by rexdutchman
You listen to "Lamestream" radio? I didn't know there was such a thing.

You aren't watching FOX?

LMAO!
The bottom line is:

The 2018 MidTerms are: "Much Ado About Nothing"!

“Silence is the perfectest herault of joy. I were but little happy if I could say how much.”
― William Shakespeare
Originally Posted by LexusLover
Without the Senate the Liberals go nowhere, except downhill pissing off the constituents the "turncoats" lied to for a ride to Congress to suck on the government tit. Not so with Trump and the Senate. Winning the House is a hollow victory for Liberals fraught with dread.

That's not a concession. Merely an observation of choices for the current Administration.

https://www.archives.gov/files/legis...background.pdf
  • WTF
  • 11-06-2018, 12:04 PM

Winning the House is a hollow victory fraught with dread for Liberals. Originally Posted by LexusLover
kinda early for concession speech
Kinda "early" to be posting a response to an incomplete post, also!

The Jury is not even "out" yet!
  • WTF
  • 11-06-2018, 12:19 PM
Kinda "early" to be posting a response to an incomplete post, also!

The Jury is not even "out" yet! Originally Posted by LexusLover
You posted it...maybe you should start posting whether your post is incomplete or complete form now on.

Oh and the jury has been out on you for a long time.
I don't know and I don't disagree with you. All I can say is I'd rather live in the U.S. than Panama, Costa Rica, or Mexico. I have been to all 3 countries multiple times and I know several people who live there and love the countries. And, if accepted, the members of the caravan would be much better off there than in their home countries in my opinion. But the U.S. is still a better option. But the odds are that very few of the members of the caravan will ever be allowed into this country. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

But just because you'd RATHER live here, does not mean WE have to accept you.

I turned off the TV , and radio I am tired of the Lamestream wishful reporting I will find out tomorrow !! Originally Posted by rexdutchman

That's one thing i really hate about US Tv. If there's anything politicl going on, or an election, it seems the rest of the world just no longer matters..

That's one thing i really hate about US Tv. If there's anything politicl going on, or an election, it seems the rest of the world just no longer matters.. Originally Posted by garhkal
It's not just "US Tv" ...

... but watch OAN if you want to see some news about what's factually happening ... domestic and international. They have some segments with opinions, but it's based on FACTS (they show the person discussed actually saying what they want discussed with "pundits" as opposed to paraphrasing fabrications.) And believe it or not ... the crew is younger.
The jury is in. And the constituents are already pissed off at trump. They want the brakes put on trump.
The last batch of republican lies before the election were ignored.
Again, call democrats winning the house whatever you want.

trump play time is over. The republicans can work with the democrats or not. It's obvious how you look at it.

It's obvious how others viewed it.

Without the Senate the Liberals go nowhere, except downhill pissing off the constituents the "turncoats" lied to for a ride to Congress to suck on the government tit. Not so with Trump and the Senate. Winning the House is a hollow victory for Liberals fraught with dread.

That's not a concession. Merely an observation of choices for the current Administration.

https://www.archives.gov/files/legis...background.pdf Originally Posted by LexusLover
It's not just "US Tv" ...

... but watch OAN if you want to see some news about what's factually happening ... domestic and international. They have some segments with opinions, but it's based on FACTS (they show the person discussed actually saying what they want discussed with "pundits" as opposed to paraphrasing fabrications.) And believe it or not ... the crew is younger. Originally Posted by LexusLover

What cable providers have OAN on?