Star Wars , Bond, Moby Dick and other holiday Blockbusters

• cr76
  • 11-22-2015, 12:09 AM
I have Star Wars tickets also... Going to the Palladium Theatre out in Richmond.... Been there to see all the Avenger movies.... Screens are huuuge!! Gonna go the weekend AFTER it comes out... Don't feel like fighting a crowd even though I'm a huge fan. Originally Posted by charcoal
that's a great theater, I may go there this week to check out a couple of movies. They have upgraded some of their seats to the recliners as well.

Just went to the ne IPIC theater tonight. That's a fun little joint, more intimate setting, Theater only held 50 people, lazy boy recliners, blanket, pillow , free all you can eat popcorn in the VIP section.
Just went to the ne IPIC theater tonight. That's a fun little joint, more intimate setting, Theater only held 50 people, lazy boy recliners, blanket, pillow , free all you can eat popcorn in the VIP section. Originally Posted by cr76

I've been meaning to check out that theater also... Sounds like a cool place.
I'm going to see the new Star Wars in a little town named Ganado. The movie theatre was build in the 50's and still got it old time feel of it. Plus it's has a amazing state of the art sound! A ticket,a hot dog with chili and cheese,a box of popcorn and a Coke is little under 10 dollars! And not only that,next door is a cafe that got named best cheeseburgers in the crossroads area. And across the street is a Mexican restaurant that is damn good!!
I'm going to see the new Star Wars in a little town named Ganado. The movie theatre was build in the 50's and still got it old time feel of it. Plus it's has a amazing state of the art sound! A ticket,a hot dog with chili and cheese,a box of popcorn and a Coke is little under 10 dollars! And not only that,next door is a cafe that got named best cheeseburgers in the crossroads area. And across the street is a Mexican restaurant that is damn good!! Originally Posted by ultraphobic71
damn... $10.00 dollars....??? Sounds good man. Have fun!
Bond was, Meh! My opinion, it was the worst of Craig's Bond movies, not that Craig was bad but the movie was bland and way too long. Christoph Waltz was way underutilized. I personally didn't like they way they tied everything together from the previous movies. All other Bond films have been stand alone. This has been a series and now I will be expecting it to have some kind of conclusion. I get it but I don't like it. Craig said after wrapping on this one he would rather slit his wrist than do another Bond film.

Creed looks like it might be a decent movie. Stallone is getting some early critical acclaimed. Originally Posted by boardman
I felt the same way about Bond, Craig did a good job but whoever wrote this one needs to never write another bond film in their life. There was wayyyy too much romance and not enough action to accompy it. I was expecting more along the lines of skyfall but nope.

Creed is the next one I'm waiting for. It looks pretty promising so hopefully it's not a let down.

The moby dick film looks pretty good too. Something about all the effects makes me want to go check it out.
  • cr76
  • 11-22-2015, 08:09 AM
I felt the same way about Bond, Craig did a good job but whoever wrote this one needs to never write another bond film in their life. There was wayyyy too much romance and not enough action to accompy it. I was expecting more along the lines of skyfall but nope.

Creed is the next one I'm waiting for. It looks pretty promising so hopefully it's not a let down.

The moby dick film looks pretty good too. Something about all the effects makes me want to go check it out. Originally Posted by Mojojo
I'll probably see creed this week,

I do want to see In the heart of the sea, i just hope the Whale stuff isn't only a small portion of the film and they find a way to spread it out.

Victor Frankenstein looks ......ok. I wish Daniel radcliffe had gone full on hunchback IGOR.

This holiday season looks so lackluster.
As much as I want to see the new Star Wars movie,I cannot wait until Batman V Supermanawn of Justice comes out!!!
  • cr76
  • 11-24-2015, 04:16 PM
GOING TO see LEGEND w/ Tom Hardy about the Kray twins tonight. Hopefully it's good.
GOING TO see LEGEND w/ Tom Hardy about the Kray twins tonight. Hopefully it's good. Originally Posted by cr76

Definitely on my list to see. Huge fan of Tom Hardy, very talented guy.
Don't know if you remember this version of the Kray twins story from the early 1990's.

The reviews look good and Fruitvale Station, the last collaboration between Michael B. Jordan and director Ryan Coogler was an amazing movie.

GOING TO see LEGEND w/ Tom Hardy about the Kray twins tonight. Hopefully it's good. Originally Posted by cr76
Post up your review of the flick brotherman... Let us know what you think. It does look good.
  • cr76
  • 11-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Will do, here at the IPIC now.
  • cr76
  • 11-25-2015, 02:07 AM
Legend is good for the most part. Tom Hard gives a terrific performance and really embodies the same but 2 different people. He is te reason to see this movie. Other the. That the story is a bit lacking and kind of all over place. It also gets a bit draggy, loses energy, and abruptly ends. But far better gangster flick then black mass and Tom Hardy is outstanding.
Legend is good for the most part. Tom Hard gives a terrific performance and really embodies the same but 2 different people. He is te reason to see this movie. Other the. That the story is a bit lacking and kind of all over place. It also gets a bit draggy, loses energy, and abruptly ends. But far better gangster flick then black mass and Tom Hardy is outstanding. Originally Posted by cr76
Appreciate the feedback, I'll be checking it out myself, but probably after I've seen Creed. Now's the season for the better movies to be released, so definitely looking forward to them.

• cr76
  • 11-25-2015, 07:27 PM
Looking forward to in the heart of the sea, good dinosaur, Creed, STAR FUCKING WARS!!!!!, concussion, the revenant, the big Short , and POINT BREAK 3D