Why more Americans don't travel abroad

Even easier if you get yourself a lover that speaks the language that you want to learn. Or vice versa :-) I don`t even understand how people can even date others who live in the same country. I always had a thing for foreigners :-)..... Originally Posted by ninasastri
Exactly why I only date white americans, Liberians, Cameroonians, Nigerians, Europeans....

Ok yeah white americans are in the same country but they're much more interesting than...no comment.
So I was reading this article on CNN, seems there's only 30% of Americans that have passports!!??...That is insane to me...Was just wondering how many of you all have passports and have traveled abroad, and for those of you who haven't, I'm interested to know why.... Originally Posted by Valerie
A really great question and something I have always wondered myself. It's even more intriguing given the global impact of American culture and business---sometimes welcomed and sometimes not!

I think a number of the previous respondents who have indicated that countries in Europe are relatively small in size compared to the U.S. and thus a passport/international travel was more of a necessity is one factor.

Additionally, the ability for the U.S. population (outside the top 5-10% of income earners) to affordably travel across an ocean has only been available for the last 25 years. So as time passes, I do think international travel will increase as I do recall that same statistic (% of passport holders among Americans) being below 20% in the 1990s.

Just like a lot of other pleasureable things, once you do it (travel internationally), you want to keep doing it.
I am gonna go out on a limb here and say because most Americans freaking WORK from 9-5, 5 days a week lol. Even with two weeks vacation per year, that's not enough time to really enjoy a far away country and get back without feeling as if you need another vacation. When I travel even in the U.S. I need a good 3 days with no work just to recoop.
Oh gosh, I love a man or woman with a British Accent. Originally Posted by London Rayne
You must be crying over JB's leaving...
Not really...never heard him actually speak lol. When Val writes, "Bloke" and "Bloody" I can hear the accent in my head from the written words though.
Not really...never heard him actually speak lol. When Val writes, "Bloke" and "Bloody" I can hear the accent in my head from the written words though. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Hell Yes! .. n I think it's so fucking sexy!
I am gonna go out on a limb here and say because most Americans freaking WORK from 9-5, 5 days a week lol Originally Posted by London Rayne
Hey, I consider "work" a four letter word.
Don't we all here? LOL.
I am gonna go out on a limb here and say because most Americans freaking WORK from 9-5, 5 days a week lol. Even with two weeks vacation per year, that's not enough time to really enjoy a far away country and get back without feeling as if you need another vacation. When I travel even in the U.S. I need a good 3 days with no work just to recoop. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Completely agree, and that is another thing that is odd to me is the lack of holiday most Americans get?...some only get 1 or 2 weeks off in a year??! In the UK it's pretty common to have around 4 weeks off per year, plus all of the bank holidays off as well...

You must be crying over JB's leaving... Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I miss his avatar

Not really...never heard him actually speak lol. When Val writes, "Bloke" and "Bloody" I can hear the accent in my head from the written words though. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Hell Yes! .. n I think it's so fucking sexy! Originally Posted by Naomi4u
Hehe....that makes me laugh .....I love you ladies
I don't say "bloke" but I do say "bloody" all the time. With a distinctively Midwestern accent. lol
Exactly why I only date white americans, Liberians, Cameroonians, Nigerians, Europeans....

Ok yeah white americans are in the same country but they're much more interesting than...no comment. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
ah they are. I especially like first generation americans where the parents come from other countries. The mixture is just SUCH A TURN ON. oh yeah. Especially when my american lovers speak german with me. Oh La La La La.....i LOVE the accent....
I am a mix of Yankee and Cajun...no wonder I am such a biaaatch.
  • WTF
  • 02-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Ok no need to get all hostile my friend.

I make my decision based solely on how I feel and not articles/stats I find on the web. That is all.

Now I am looking forward to hearing from Amanda. Originally Posted by Naomi4u
Sorry sister, wasn't meaning to sound hostile.

I too am awaiting Amanda's response on why we treat our women folk so bad!
I don't say "bloke" but I do say "bloody" all the time. With a distinctively Midwestern accent. lol Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
LMBO! Charles for some reason I like you today.

Hehe....that makes me laugh .....I love you ladies Originally Posted by Valerie
Looooooove you too

ah they are. I especially like first generation americans where the parents come from other countries. The mixture is just SUCH A TURN ON. oh yeah. Especially when my american lovers speak german with me. Oh La La La La.....i LOVE the accent.... Originally Posted by ninasastri
Nina, I have been meaning to tell you this. I have an Austrian client by the name of "Eric". He's from Vienna and currently there now. He has the most sexiest/softest voice ever. I didn't think a soft voice on a man would be sexy but his was definitely a turn on.

I am a mix of Yankee and Cajun...no wonder I am such a biaaatch. Originally Posted by London Rayne

Sorry sister, wasn't meaning to sound hostile. Originally Posted by WTF
No probs love.
I am gonna go out on a limb here and say because most Americans freaking WORK from 9-5, 5 days a week lol. Even with two weeks vacation per year, that's not enough time to really enjoy a far away country and get back without feeling as if you need another vacation. When I travel even in the U.S. I need a good 3 days with no work just to recoop. Originally Posted by London Rayne
Interestingly enough the only people who are REAL travellers were americans, I met some who travelled for years. But i wonder how they came up with the money. :-) They did not work for like two years.