Can book burnings be far behind?

You are the resident expert on those matters, Ekim the Inbred Chimp.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Tut tut my boy you are the resident fudge packed tranny fucker morphing into one of the girls. Have a prosperous night That is unless you are giving freebies.
IBarfing?
Completely agree with you on this point, JD. Conservatives can be religious or not. Religious can be liberal, conservative, or apolitical. And in my mind a Thumper can be of any religion and any part of the political spectrum.

Not every conservative religious person is a thumper--not at all. I have sincere respect for most the ministers of most religions I have met--whether I agree with all their beliefs or not.

Thumpers are a small but very vocal, obnoxious minority found anywhere on the political/religious spectrum. A Thumper is someone who generally fits these characteristics:
--They are extremely closed minded about what is morally acceptable
--The believe they have a divine right to shove their morals on everyone else
--They don't rely upon facts or logic, but more upon "MY book is divinely inspired and therefore is perfect. MY interpretation of this book is perfect. YOU must believe as I believe."
--They often convince themselves they are "special" and have divine dispensation to ignore the same morals they want to shove on everyone else (homo-hate ministers who themselves see gay prostitutes come to mind, but the hypocrisy takes other forms as well).

Personally, I seem to hear more of the conservative thumpers than liberal ones on the radio when driving across the bible belt, but I have certainly heard liberal thumpers who are equally disgusting. And as I mentioned above, plenty of atheist thumpers have existed in the past, and muslim thumpers, and probably a lot of varieties I have never had the misfortune to hear.

Again, personally, I am far more likely to categorize a person as a Thumper when they try to regulate activities that don't "contaminate" them, but just exert their control over others. For example: gay marriage, someone else buying a drink on a Sunday morning, prostitution that is truly consensual, etc.

Some topics such as abortion I find much more difficult to categorize because depending upon your real, personal convictions some people do see it as affecting another life, and some don't. I have strong personal views about abortion, but I would never classify anyone as a Thumper because of how they stand on that issue--though I may disagree with them.

So, you may still disagree with me, you may still dislike my use of the term, but I wanted to make sure you at least understood what I mean when I use the term. I do not mean to categorize all sincere religious people as Thumpers, nor to imply that all Thumpers are conservative. Originally Posted by Old-T
The best term I have heard to describe this, coined by a priest, who last I heard is now a bishop, is "WERF".
Wild
Eyed
Religious
Fanatic

Fits quite well across all religions and political views I think.
  • Old-T
  • 09-28-2013, 09:39 PM
WERF. I had not heard that but I like it. It is an apt description.
Really, IBHankerwrong?

I asked why you thought it was necessary to point out that Abel Meeropol was a Communist and a Jew and your answer was:

Your lying, ignorant Yankee mick-ass was answered: Jews are proud of their heritage and proud to be identified as Jews. Originally Posted by I B Hankering

Really? Is that the best lie you can come up with? You were trying to emphasize Jewish pride?

Also, you left out the part about why you point out that Abe Meeropol was a communist. You still haven't pretended to answer that.

But, I have a better answer as to why you pointed those things out.

It was common practice in the 50s, 60s, and 70s among paranoid racists like you to try to blame the "Jews" and the "communists" on all of the civil rights agitation in those days.

So, in your racist, conspiratorial minds, Martin Luther King was just a frontman for the real culprits - the Jews and communists (usually one and the same) - who were trying to destroy the "good Christian folk" of America by sapping and impurifying all of their precious bodily fluids.

When you decided to point out that Abel Meeropol was a Jew and a communist, you were talking code to all the other John Birch ass hats on this website.
He'd be the biggest racist on the board, if if he wasn't so goddamned stupid.,

Biggest racist is probably JDIdiot.

Biggest redneck, though, could be decided with quite a poll. maybe we should award a Shitstick of the year.,