Boxing Fans....a thread for us..

^^ Agreed...but I think Canelo will fight GGG....those latino fighters typically have a lot of bravado and want to fight the best out there....just my opinion
I been super busy lately.
What is the 411 on Marquez comeback ?
They're trying for a May/June date this year.
  • Trey
  • 02-12-2016, 01:16 PM
Is kimbovsdada this week? That should be fun to watch. Straight backyard fight.
They're trying for a May/June date this year. Originally Posted by Fishpie
against?
Michael Cotto
Is kimbovsdada this week? That should be fun to watch. Straight backyard fight. Originally Posted by Trey
It's this weekend. Ridiculous fight, almost as ridiculous as "Grumpy Old Men 3" Gracie vs Shamrock.

In boxing news, it looks like GGG has another fight lined up too before he hopefully gets to fight Alvarez.

We'll see if Alvarez keeps ducking GGG, but I seem to recall the boxing organization saying he had to fight GGG soon or vacate the belt?
  • Trey
  • 02-17-2016, 06:55 PM
Yes it's a crazy card, but it's free on spike. I never wanted to see the shamrock fight. Gracie just makes man love when he fights.
Yes it's a crazy card, but it's free on spike. I never wanted to see the shamrock fight. Gracie just makes man love when he fights. Originally Posted by Trey
Both fighters are over-the-hill. But it should draw in the nostalgic types.
It's this weekend. Ridiculous fight, almost as ridiculous as "Grumpy Old Men 3" Gracie vs Shamrock.

In boxing news, it looks like GGG has another fight lined up too before he hopefully gets to fight Alvarez.

We'll see if Alvarez keeps ducking GGG, but I seem to recall the boxing organization saying he had to fight GGG soon or vacate the belt? Originally Posted by jbravo_123
What news? The sport literally died after the PacMan and MoneyMan fiasco.
  • Trey
  • 04-07-2016, 10:40 PM
So, anyone even have a mild interest in the Pac man Bradley fight? I like Bradley but he ain't that entertaining, and last I saw Pac was the last I wanted to see of him.
So, anyone even have a mild interest in the Pac man Bradley fight? Originally Posted by Trey
No, I expect to Pac to win same as the other two fights. I have more interest in the Canelo vs Khan fight next month. I think Khan may make a better showing than expected (probably last 4 - 7 rounds may even win a couple rounds).
No, I expect to Pac to win same as the other two fights. I have more interest in the Canelo vs Khan fight next month. I think Khan may make a better showing than expected (probably last 4 - 7 rounds may even win a couple rounds). Originally Posted by htownhammer
The Alvarez vs Khan fight is just another gimme for Alvarez (which is fine, since he wanted to have at least a little time to milk the belt before risking it vs GGG).

Speaking of, GGG is also going to be fighting next weekend. Should be an easy one for him - Vegas odds are 100:1 in favor of GGG vs Ward. Roman Gonzalez is going to be fighting on that card again as well.

The only awkward thing is that the fight is the same night as the UFC PPV for April. Decisions, decisions, decisions...
Gonzalez did quite well. Surprised that Arroyo went the distance especially with that broken boot. Triple G made easy work of Wade. Canelo is a pussy if he avoids him for any fight that's set for later this year.
Gonzalez did quite well. Surprised that Arroyo went the distance especially with that broken boot. Triple G made easy work of Wade. Canelo is a pussy if he avoids him for any fight that's set for later this year. Originally Posted by Fishpie
I think props should actually go to Arroyo for going the distance against a fighter of Gonzalez's caliber, especially given how badly he was supposed to lose (did you see those Vegas odds?).

GGG crushed Wade like a bug as expected. Just another keep busy fight for him while he waits for Alvarez. We'll see if Alvarez ever actually fights GGG - that would require the belt organization to actually enforce that mandatory defense...