OBAMA TO CONGRESS: FUCK YOU ON KEYSTONE COMPROMISE...

Poor guy you really don't have a clue. Just all over the map and deflecting from my argument in this thread. None of the crap you posted is even remotely applicable to this specific situation with Keystone. Sometimes it seems instead of insulting you I should be sympathetic towards you.

Poor guy Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
How would you know?
You've already demonstrated and admitted that you either gloss over the posts or read them with a predetermined expectation.

Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously after that?

What exactly is your reason for posting here? Extolling the virtues of your Savior Obama? Or is it a simple narcissistic desire to see your words in print on a hooker board?

If it's the latter, I'm with ya...It's what I do.
How would you know?
You've already demonstrated and admitted that you either gloss over the posts or read them with a predetermined expectation.

Do you really expect anyone to take you seriously after that?

What exactly is your reason for posting here? Extolling the virtues of your Savior Obama? Or is it a simple narcissistic desire to see your words in print on a hooker board?

If it's the latter, I'm with ya...It's what I do. Originally Posted by boardman
I won't always be here but it is a good question. Why am I here? To be honest I accidentally stumbled across this site and have been using it as an outlet since my dog died. So in a sense I'm venting and wallowing in my grief. Maybe i just got caught up in the vortex.

I mean no harm.
  • WTF
  • 11-20-2014, 03:59 PM
The last two post are instant classics! ^^^^

A dog lover and a narcissistic shit stirrer barking at each other.
Hey zany, stop wallowing and lookee here! Didya see where your Messiah was awarded 3 Pinocchios for lying about the Keystone pipeline and contradicting the study done by his own State Department? Whazzup wid dat?

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/11/2...s-on-keystone/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...united-states/

Looks like 2/3 of the pipeline output will be refined and sold to consumers right here in da good ol' US of A! Does Odumbo know what he's talking about? Do you?

“Understand what this project is,” Barack Obama said earlier this week when pressed on why his administration continues to stall on the Keystone XL pipeline after almost six years of waiting for a decision. “It is providing the ability of Canada to pump their oil, send it through our land, down to the Gulf, where it will be sold everywhere else.”

Understand what that was, Glenn Kessler responds today in a Washington Post fact check. It’s a three-Pinocchio lie based on an ignorant-at-best interpretation of a presentation slide from environmental activists. The refineries in the Gulf certainly do export products, but a “vast majority” of the product stays in the US — as a moment’s thought or a modicum of familiarity with pricing and cost would make clear...

Who is Odumbo?
  • Old-T
  • 11-20-2014, 06:54 PM

Politics aside, I don't think waiting 6 years to make up your mind is defensible in any way. You may not consider this delay a "compromise" but it has definitely imposed costs on the oil producers and the US economy. If the pipeline is ultimately approved, those costs will have been entirely unnecessary.

. Originally Posted by lustylad
I agree with that part. If it is the right thing to do, do it. If it is the wrong thing, then don't. I am not defending the delay, I am just stating that a delay is not justification for doing something that is wrong, nor is it a compromise. Again, I am not advocating for or against.
Who is Odumbo? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Ijs
Attached Images File Type: jpg image.jpg (71.4 KB, 45 views)
Ijs Originally Posted by Annika
+1
The last two post are instant classics! ^^^^

A dog lover and a narcissistic shit stirrer barking at each other. Originally Posted by WTF

You obviously have me confused with a dog lover...
  • WTF
  • 11-21-2014, 07:45 AM
Ok, Who received a tax break through ACRS or MACRS and what was it?
I honestly don't know. A link will suffice. Originally Posted by boardman
Here is a link to who received it http://priceofoil.org/2013/03/14/key...heir-gasoline/
Here is a link on what they recieved
http://priceofoil.org/2012/02/08/key...yer-subsidies/

Special tax rules apply to these investments that are unique to the refining industry. Title 179C of the tax code allows the refining companies to deduct the value of these investments from their tax returns at a highly accelerated rate. Rather than spread the expense over the life time of the equipment, say 20-30 years, the refiners are allowed to expense (i.e., deduct from their taxable income) 50% in the first year and expense the rest through the next 9 years. This is tantamount to a massive interest free loan from the taxpayer to big oil refiners, making it cheaper for them to process a particularly dirty form of foreign oil. In the case of the three Port Arthur refineries preparing to process Keystone XL crude, we calculate this to cost the taxpayer between $1.0 billion and $1.8 billion.
  • WTF
  • 11-21-2014, 07:48 AM
You obviously have me confused with a dog lover... Originally Posted by boardman
Here is a link to who received it http://priceofoil.org/2013/03/14/key...heir-gasoline/
Here is a link on what they recieved
http://priceofoil.org/2012/02/08/key...yer-subsidies/

Rather than spread the expense over the life time of the equipment, say 20-30 years, the refiners are allowed to expense (i.e., deduct from their taxable income) 50% in the first year and expense the rest through the next 9 years. This is tantamount to a massive interest free loan from the taxpayer to big oil refiners, making it cheaper for them to process a particularly dirty form of foreign oil. Originally Posted by WTF

Hey fagboy, you and your ignorant fellow libtards keep pretending this is a "special" tax break for handling dirty crude. It's not. It applies to ANY capital investments that expand a refinery's capacity for ANY type of oil. And it was already on the books before the tar sands boom. Your own link admits this. And it's no big fucking deal, either. As I already explained, the use of accelerated depreciation for tax purposes has been around for decades. Congress likes it as a way to stimulate the economy by encouraging businesses to jump-start their investment spending. The rules may vary from one industry to the next. In some cases, you are even be permitted to expense 100% of new equipment cost in Year 1! But today nearly ALL businesses can avail themselves of SOME form of accelerated depreciation when filing their tax returns. If everyone gets it, it's not "special".

No. Big. Fucking. Deal.

Now go look for another bogus reason to oppose Keystone XL. Getting pretty desperate, huh?

• WTF
  • 11-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Hey fagboy, you and your ignorant fellow libtards keep pretending this is a "special" tax break for handling dirty crude. It's not. It applies to ANY capital investments that expand a refinery's capacity for ANY type of oil. And it was already on the books before the tar sands boom.

. Originally Posted by lustylad
Look, if you are for tax breaks then wtf can I say. But no matter what you call it, a subsidy or a tax break, if is paid for either directly or indirectly by taxpayers. Now here is wtf the article said you ignorant fuck.

The special tax treatment of refinery investments that allows the 50% accelerated depreciation was introduced in the 2005 Energy Policy Act and was targeted at refinery investments that expand the capacity of the refinery. However, in August 2011, the act was amended specifically to extend the tax break to refinery investments that enable the refinery to process tar sands oil or enable an increase in capacity to refine tar sands oil if the new equipment is commissioned between 2008 and 2014. All of these projects qualify.

In 2005 we had not had this huge find via fracking. So while what you say is true , it was also not a reality. Why your dumbass might ask? Because we had not discovered all this sweet crude. Thus no need to expand that refining. However, in August 2011, the act was amended specifically to extend the tax break to refinery investments that enable the refinery to process tar sands oil or enable an increase in capacity to refine tar sands oil if the new equipment is commissioned between 2008 and 2014.

Do you not understand that these special breaks have distorted the market? Huge investment in first processing Saudi Sour Crude and then Canadian Crude ...in the meantime we discover all this sweet crude. But because of government subsidies we have converted many refineries to Sour Crude.
Look, if you are for tax breaks then wtf can I say. But no matter what you call it, a subsidy or a tax break, if is paid for either directly or indirectly by taxpayers. Now here is wtf the article said you ignorant fuck.

The special tax treatment of refinery investments that allows the 50% accelerated depreciation was introduced in the 2005 Energy Policy Act and was targeted at refinery investments that expand the capacity of the refinery. However, in August 2011, the act was amended specifically to extend the tax break to refinery investments that enable the refinery to process tar sands oil or enable an increase in capacity to refine tar sands oil if the new equipment is commissioned between 2008 and 2014. All of these projects qualify.

In 2005 we had not had this huge find via fracking. So while what you say is true , it was also not a reality. Why your dumbass might ask? Because we had not discovered all this sweet crude. Thus no need to expand that refining. However, in August 2011, the act was amended specifically to extend the tax break to refinery investments that enable the refinery to process tar sands oil or enable an increase in capacity to refine tar sands oil if the new equipment is commissioned between 2008 and 2014.

Do you not understand that these special breaks have distorted the market? Huge investment in first processing Saudi Sour Crude and then Canadian Crude ...in the meantime we discover all this sweet crude. But because of government subsidies we have converted many refineries to Sour Crude. Originally Posted by WTF
Thanks for the links...