The Dallas Cowboys and NFL 2022 Season

Im really hoping the reports of OBJ not being able to play this year are true and we pass on him. I dont think we really need him. Sure he was going off for the Rams in the Super Bowl but there is no guarantee that he will help us. Im getting tired of the OBJ talk lol.
I’m ok with them taking a flyer if the only guarantied money they put at risk applies to this year’s salary cap (what else are they going to use the money for at this point?), with future years being heavily weighted towards performance. It doesn’t sound like there would be a locker room problem, unlike a lot of diva receivers.

I love Demarcus Lawrence’s take: if he’s able to help us this year, great. If not, I’m not going to focus on anything other than this team.
Oh I wouldnt mind him in the locker room, but with the way this team is playing right now.. if we are going to make any additions, it has to be to help us right now, this year. From the sounds of it, OBJ wouldnt be ready until playoffs (if the reports of what OBJ told Parsons are true). Thats not the best time to try and get someone into your line up and see how they gel. Practice and Gametime are two different things. I think his diva in the locker room claims are trumped up.

If he is ready to go and we can get him into the lineup for a few games in the regular season and like you said, price is right, go for it. I think unused capspace gets rolled over into the next year so that could be another thing they are considering.
It will be funny if the Cowboys lose to the 1-10-1 Houston Texans this Sunday.

Of course that has happened many times before in the NFL. A team on a winning streak getting upset by a winless team. Originally Posted by CG2014

Houston leads 20-17 at halftime.

Go Houston!!
Houston leads 20-17 at halftime.

Go Houston!! Originally Posted by CG2014
Last weeks game against the Colts was close at halftime. Dallas blew them out in the second half. We'll see.
Damn. Houston almost pulled off an upset.

Still worse team in NFL: 1-11-1.
Damn. Houston almost pulled off an upset.

Still worse team in NFL: 1-11-1. Originally Posted by CG2014

Can't wait for the Eagles to slap the Cowgirls around.
Only way to slice it - The Cowboys looked good on their first drive and their last drive, Houston didn’t almost beat the Cowboys, the Cowboys almost beat themselves!

After the Cowboys return man fucked up that punt on their 2nd possession they were a hot mess. That was as good as Houston could play and they STILL FUCKING LOST because they SUCK!

That final go ahead score for the Cowboys was IMPRESSIVE - the throw & catch to Noah Brown, the pass to Schultz, even the pass to Gallup in the end zone that was knocked loose were great throws by Dak when they HAD TO have it.

But this is the reality, Dallas is the 3rd best team in the NFC right now, The Eagles & 49ers are 1A and 1B. I actually think San Fran’s defense is better so I give them the edge in a head to head between them, but no one has figured out how to stop Jalen Hurts. Head to head between Dallas and Philly, Dallas has the 5th toughest remaining schedule in the NFL and Philly has one of the softest with only their Dallas matchup being a tough one. I don’t see the Cowboys overtaking the Eagles for the division.

I think Dallas needed that squeaker win yesterday against a very shitty team to get their minds right for the last 4 games.

Go Cowboys!...Dallas is good, just unfortunately not quite as good as SF & Philly this year.
Yes that was an ugly win, but a win is a win. Like ManSlut said, when we needed a drive, Dak stepped up and made some impressive throws, receivers made some impressive catches (pretty sure most of the catches on that last drive were followed by a huge hit on them) and did what they had to do. Dak didnt let those two picks bother him (One or both could be considered not his fault: First one should have been caught by Brown but was tipped and picked. Second his arm was hit while in a throwing motion... this is the one that could go either way).
Its the NFL. Yes this should have been an easier game on paper.. but these are professionals.. and its the NFL. You never know who is going to step up, who is going to have an off day. There are upsets every week.. we almost became one but they were able to avoid it. Titans didnt avoid it this week. Philly lost to the Commies when everyone thought that should be an easy game. You just never know.

Jags game worries be based off this performance + how they handled the Titans yesterday. I believe a win next week will secure a playoff berth. I think winning any of the last 4 games and they make playoffs. Thats all you can ask for.. have a chance.. and we are well on our way to that chance.
I’m a believer in how well you play going into the playoffs determining your fate. If the cowboys put up half-assed performances like what they showed most of yesterday and limp into the playoffs, this is going to end up the same way as every other season the past quarter century.
WTF???? The 4-8-1 Colts are beating the 10-3 Vikings in Minnesota at halftime 33-0.
Records dont always mean the better record team will win. You just never know when a bad team will have an amazing day.. be inspired to win... or just tired of losing lol.
Damn! Now it's 4th Q 36-28.

So Colts scored 33 unanswered points in the first half and only 3 points in the 2nd half so far and Vikings scored 25 answered points in the 2nd half so far.

Guess each team was taking a nap in the 2 halves.
update: Vikings just scored and got the 2 points conversion.

Tied at 36-36, 2 minutes and 16 seconds left in the game.
In other news this just erased the Largest Comeback In NFL history record that was held by the Buffalo Bills for almost 30 years when they beat the Houston Oilers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Co...rican_football)