Obamacare Huge Success!

Yeah,,big fucking success, if you define success as fucking over middle class Americans.

A recent survey, conducted by Morgan Stanley, shows an increase in premium costs nationally of about 12 percent. California experienced a 53 percent increase; in Florida the increase was 37 percent; Pennsylvania’s was 28 percent.

Next year is likely to be worse:
“They’re going to see an announcement that next year’s premium’s going to be 25 percent or maybe 50 percent higher than what they’re now paying,” says John Goodman of the National Center for Policy Analysis.

John Divito of Flexible Benefit Service Corporation says, “we’re reading studies where the rates could be 10 to 30, 40 percent higher. Again, it all depends geographically where these rates are being looked at but definitely an increase in rates.”…

Insurance executives say the same thing. Marc Bertolini, CEO of Aetna, recently told an earning conference that he anticipates 2014 spikes of 20 to 50 percent, going as high as 100 percent in some markets.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgot...ame-obamacare/ Originally Posted by Whirlaway
Remember, the sign up start date for 2015 doesn't begin until Nov 15 of this year per President Obama so it doesn't "interfere" with the 2014 elections!
Worst case of Kool-Aid poisoning on record. You change the truth to a lie. A demonstrable lie. Then you think you won the argument.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Nah. It's still funny! Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
And flighty has made this false argument multiple times. Astonishing.
Well I talked to an intelligent analyst with the healthcare system a few days ago. He is a retired accountant and computer programmer. He helped me get the mess straightened out with my wife's insurance. She was in the Texas risk pool which advised us that they would shut down in March so my only reasonable choice was to enroll her in Obama care, which I did the Platinum plan. I had tried to enroll early on and for some reason later determined to be a computer glitch. Big surprise huh?

Well this smart guy finally went thru the program and cancelled my initial application and did a new one dated on 2013 so she is now insured...after trying, appealing and trying again since Oct. 5, 2013 and finally got the right person to help that after no less than 40 phone calls. This last call with the results we needed took 2 hours and 38 minutes but I don't mind that since it turned out for the good.

Now here's some facts about the process that I was given, they enrolled more than 70,000,000+ people and got them insured. My initial case number was 139,xxx,xxx that's 139 million+ the case number from 3 days ago was 473,xxx,xxx so 400 million other attempts or inquiries , I don't know which, did not result in an policy being purchased. In my case after I hit the enter button initially to my application I was stuck- I could not re-apply but did call repeatedly and sent in 2 written appeals which , according to my contact, would probably never be granted because the computer denied my application. The analyst could fine nothing wrong with the first application and could not understand why the system denied me. That is all well and good, my wife did not need Dr's attention and I paid for prescriptions, 7 a month, but that bill was less than the $732.60 monthly payment and now we will get a break on the prescriptions-how much I do not know.

Here is the funny part-- they analyst told me he did not know how the other analysts could do their job since the training for his job was 30 minutes, and he was the upper level analyst on the help line. He said his education as a computer scientist and an accountant allowed him to figure it out in about a month. He is retired and just took the job to have something to do and he loves to help people. FINALLY HE WAS LAID OFF TODAY! He was not unhappy about that but worried that people like myself would be stuck in limbo as I was.
It's too early to proclaim Obamacare either a success or failure.
Worst case of Kool-Aid poisoning on record. You change the truth to a lie. A demonstrable lie. Then you think you won the argument.
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
What lie? You don't understand GWACS. Your Altzheimers is getting worse. Better schedule a checkup soon.

CGI Federal's winning bid stretches back to 2007, when it was one of 16 companies to get certified on a $4 billion "indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity" contract for upgrading Medicare and Medicaid's systems. Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts — GWACs, as they're affectionately known — allow agencies to issue task orders to pre-vetted companies without going through the full procurement process, but also tend to lock out companies that didn't get on the bandwagon originally. According to USASpending.gov, CGI Federal got a total of $678 million for various services under the contract — including the $93.7 million Healthcare.gov job, which CGI Federal won over three other companies in late 2011.
And flighty has made this false argument multiple times. Astonishing. Originally Posted by gnadfly
From the guy who did not even know that CGI was on the APPROVED vendor list in 2007. You call yourself computer programmer? STFU. COF is a washed up freshman economics teacher, a term like AWACS is beyond his comprehension level. I would expect more from you.
From the guy who did not even know that CGI was on the APPROVED vendor list in 2007. You call yourself computer programmer? STFU. COF is a washed up freshman economics teacher, a term like AWACS is beyond his comprehension level. I would expect more from you. Originally Posted by flghtr65
Word to the wise: Don't expect very much from Gonad the Turdfly. He has never been anything more than the Idiot Family's turd eating lapdog! And never will be!
From the guy who did not even know that CGI was on the APPROVED vendor list in 2007. You call yourself computer programmer? STFU. COF is a washed up freshman economics teacher, a term like AWACS is beyond his comprehension level. I would expect more from you. Originally Posted by flghtr65
Yes. And I have supported our vendor master process that allows multiple SAP systems to issue literally billions in contracts to and procured services from those approved vendors.

The issue is your use of the word "hired." Being on the list doesn't mean you've been "hired." It means you are allowed to bid on a contract. "Winning" the contract means you've (or your firm) has been hired. So CGI was approved to bid for contract work with the Federal govt during the Bush Administration. They were not "hired by Bush."

CGI bid on and won (part of) the Obamacare IT contract. Their failure to deliver and cost over runs are all on the Obama Administration.

We have dozens of purchasing agents, lawyers, managers, etc in our entire procurement process too. Just because you are the "low cost bidder" doesn't mean you will win the contract.