Hobby discretion....does it matter??

nicely done...no spanking for you today Originally Posted by surfindick
Well, hell's bells! That's a letdown.
All of this talk about a certain person just makes me want to go see her for 2 hours next Saturday.
Indiscretion works both ways with someone getting popped in the middle. Discretion is also a big thing in moderating, sometimes its best to let things run their natural waves without creating artificial jetties to break the flow ... just go with the flow.
Just wondering, as I see the same ladies repeatedly posting things like "I had a great time sucking your cock last Friday at 5PM!" or, "I can't wait to see you tomorrow morning for our time together!"---is this an effective method of marketing, in your opinion?
===> pmd: not an effective way to get my attention, but unless we ask the ladies, we'll never know if they consider it effective or ineffective marketing.

Do you gents enjoy it when a lady ignores the fact that a PM system exists?
===> pmd: dont enjoy it, dont dislike. but it does tell me something about the woman. that she's kinda lazy like me.

Do some of you gravitate towards this, or is it something you'd rather not be a part of?
===> pmd: no and yes.

Is it a matter of who is doing the kissing and telling?
===> pmd: no, in my book, lack of discretion by anyone is NOT GOOD, even if it's minor.

So..... as the hobby changes drastically, is this practice of kissing and telling on the part of providers, acceptable now?
===> pmd: not to me, but we'd have to ask everyone and believe their answers before we could make any generalizations.

How do you gentlemen feel about it? Especially those of you who have been around for a good long while.
===> pmd: if it's just a compliment or mention of an upcoming session, and does not include dates and/or places, i dont mind. Originally Posted by dannie
so, if there's a post like this one, is that OK??
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=126
rather innocent, just mentions that he sees her every week [as best we can believe], but doesnt mention which day, what time, or what place.
i think this post is acceptable.

dannie, you could have told us how you feel about it then ask us how we feel about it. or vice-versa.
Valor is not the only thing discretion is the better part of.
Speaking of discretion...

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=721087

So as to not derail, but a nonetheless impotent question.
I'm in the wrong line of business here, with all that red! HA HA! [COLOR=red](There should be a space or two when starting a new sentence. Two spaces? That is not the current MLA format) Originally Posted by Lolabrea01
I regret that Lola Brea is correct when she says that MLA supports one space after a period -- an intolerable state of affairs if ever there was one. I am firmly in the two spaces camp and find any contrary position heresy. That being said, be careful what you say. There are those out there that will attack us for our highly reasonable views. We must quietly and silently take the war to the enemy one encounter at a time. But in time, order WILL be restored to the universe.
I regret that Lola Brea is correct when she says that MLA supports one space after a period -- an intolerable state of affairs if ever there was one. I am firmly in the two spaces camp and find any contrary position heresy. That being said, be careful what you say. There are those out there that will attack us for our highly reasonable views. We must quietly and silently take the war to the enemy one encounter at a time. But in time, order WILL be restored to the universe. Originally Posted by TexTushHog

What did that have to do with my question?
Actually, having scored in the top 2% of a standardized test, I'm in Mensa. I have to tell you, virtually everyone in Mensa needs to be on here and pay for sex or they would never get laid. It is hard to find a collection of uglier and more socially awkward people than at a Mensa gathering. They are open to prospective members, so go see for yourself but prepared to be bored. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I have to second this statement. I went to one, count them, ONE mensa meeting. Have you ever gone into a room with a bunch of self-aggrandizing, stereotypical nerds sitting around trying to do 'smart' things? Ugh. Total mental masturbation--"I'm awkward and trying to prop myself up by acting smart." kinda thing. I'm probably not being fair to all the chapters, but I never went to another meeting. It was just disturbing.

I don't think it was because they were so smart they couldn't relate (there is a marked tendency for super-high IQ to be unable to fit in with societal norms). I think it was just because they were some really awkward people. I think you have to be past High Genuis to really start to see behavioral problems, but maybe someone more familiar with that area can speak up--I'm sure we have some psychologists and psychiatrists hiding amongst us here, even if only at the bachelor level!

Honestly, if I recall the entrance requirements (and please pardon my memory if I err--this was probably 25 years ago!) you only have to be in the top 2% as Jewish Lawyer mentioned above--which comes out to only 130ish on the standard IQ tests (depending on the version used). Not that hard.

In answer to the original topic, I find discretion is very important. Not that I would care particularly if I got outed--most of my friends and family would probably just roll their eyes and move on--but I dislike the social drama. I consider courtesy one of the more fundamental and necessary social agreements, and don't kiss and tell is really high on the list. Put another way . . . courtesy and manners go a long way towards me being interested in a lady--if someone is known to out others, I consider that unutterably rude, and makes me very unlikely to see them.

Of course, maybe I'm just an odd duck after all--and I can blame it on my IQ! lol