Fine Steak and A-1

A truly fine chef spends considerable time, effort, and money honing their craft so they can present a true experience and not just something to stuff in your mouth. It also takes experience and education on the part of consumer to get the most from the meal. Not everyone understands why a $50 is different from a $15 one.

Humm, sounds like the debate on HDHs
oooh those sauces are nasty as hell... yuck

If I ordered a fine steak it would be medium-rare as is.

But I would take a nice swordfish over a steak
Amen ....Fish any day!!!!!....
  • Bosco
  • 02-25-2015, 06:09 PM
Mustard on Reesey, Ranch on a fine retired ass, so who wanted the A-1 I wonder....looks like a fine club! Originally Posted by Doc2078
Doc2078, what the hell!?! That thread was more than three years old! Sheesh!
Doc2078, what the hell!?! That thread was more than three years old! Sheesh! Originally Posted by Bosco
Maybe he was hungry..lol..

Hi Doc
Hungry for Mel Star....Always!!!
You are the best Doc! The A1 stays at home.. I'm already tenderized.
This thread is about steak! I like steak!

Anyone ever try this?

Reverse sear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4xl7XJM08
Beef 101: When you go to a "good" steakhouse you need absolutely (fixed that for ya) nothing on your steak except your lips. The steaks are aged and seasoned superbly! Originally Posted by BBW Katrina
So you say. Some folks prefer a dab of some kind of sauce with their bite of steak. Hey Shep, this sounds too much like the old wine snobs that say White Zinfandel isn't wine or any blush or mix for that matter. Don't be a snob Shep!! LOL

Let's look at some food history. Ketchup and its many varieties and knock offs have been around since the late 1700's. A-1 since 1824. A lot of the sauces were inspired by sauces British officers had in India and China. Worcestershire sauce came about this way as well.

So maybe some folks like a little sauce with their steak, so what? Maybe they are enjoying some food history with their steak.

P.S. I know it isn't in the same league as Bob's et al, but I hear folks rave about how good the smoked sirloin is from whatever chain steakhouse does it and let me tell you, it sucked. All I could taste was smoke and I've never been back. Nasty.
Bosco, this is the most interesting shit Shep 3.0 ever wrote...what the fuck happened?