Hey boyz! Trump endorsed by David DuKKKe. Trump shits the bed.

So what? Because you can't pinpoint when, it doesn't count? This doesn't change the fact that Byrd was someone who changed their ways, Duke is not. Again, we are talking about embracing someone who was, at the time, a champion of tolerance and equality. It's easy to prove Byrd was a racist and a member of the KKK. It's you who cannot pinpoint a determined point dating before Byrd's self-serving biography in 2005 where he disavows -- for moral reasons -- his association with the KKK.

Agreed. But I don't see the point. My issue, again, is not with Duke endorsing Trump, but with Trump's mishandling of the situation that make it appear that this is another situation that he just says whatever he thinks gives him the best chance of being elected. He likely "passed" on the question because he thought that it was the best answer to not scare off any voters (racists and non-racists alike), once he realized what a blunder that actually was, he made up some BS about not being able to hear the question properly. And people slurped it down and then started making all kinds of excuses in an attempt to make Trump not alone in. Read the WaPo article cited above. Trump had already formally disavowed David Duke and the KKK two days before Tapper asked the question, and Trump blames a faulty ear piece for misunderstanding Tapper's question.

This is a weak point. If you say that not voting for someone is "treason," you are endorsing them. Whether it is formal or not. Talk about "quibbling." In the Duke remarks the MSM is using to denigrate Trump, Duke clearly and pointedly states that he DID NOT formally endorse Trump; hence, you'd be the one quibbling and parsing words when you mendaciously claim he did.

This only further enforces my point. Why would he need to hedge to that question when asked by Tapper if he has already disavowed such groups? Pretending not to know who they are reeks of trying to take a "no position" Trump blames a faulty ear piece for misunderstanding Tapper's question. Furthermore, Trump had already formally disavowed David Duke and the KKK two days before Tapper asked the question. Hence, Tapper's question was redundant, and it's evident Tapper's intent was to create, if he could, a "gotcha" moment.

Nope. Clinton embraced a racist and former member of the KKK while Trump didn't embrace any such character.
FTFY. Originally Posted by eatfibo
My issue, again, is not with Duke endorsing Trump, but with Trump's mishandling of the situation that make it appear that this is another situation that he just says whatever he thinks gives him the best chance of being elected. He likely "passed" on the question because he thought that it was the best answer to not scare off any voters (racists and non-racists alike), once he realized what a blunder that actually was, he made up some BS about not being able to hear the question properly. Originally Posted by eatfibo
That's your interpretation. Here's another one - he's playing the media to make them look like fools. He knew they would go wild trying to play "Gotcha" if he mixed one ambivalent answer in between his multiple disavowals of David Duke. And they did go wild. They looked pretty stupid sitting around parsing his words like the PC police. Then he gave them another full-throated disavowal - and they were dejected because he slipped the noose.

The story isn't Trump. It's the fucking media. He's playing them.
That's your interpretation. Here's another one - he's playing the media to make them look like fools. He knew they would go wild trying to play "Gotcha" if he mixed one ambivalent answer in between his multiple disavowals of David Duke. And they did go wild. They looked pretty stupid sitting around parsing his words like the PC police. Then he gave them another full-throated disavowal - and they were dejected because he slipped the noose.

The story isn't Trump. It's the fucking media. He's playing them. Originally Posted by lustylad
I don't buy it for two reasons. The first, if this was such a win for him, why did immediately disavow them when it was obvious what a shit-storm this was going to be? Second, the BS excuse of 'very bad earpiece' is completely transparent. If he is playing anyone, it ain't the media.
I don't buy it for two reasons. The first, if this was such a win for him, why did immediately disavow them when it was obvious what a shit-storm this was going to be? Second, the BS excuse of 'very bad earpiece' is completely transparent. If he is playing anyone, it ain't the media. Originally Posted by eatfibo
Why did he play dumb with Jake Tapper two days after disavowing David Duke? He wanted the shit-storm. "Bad earpiece" was his way of fucking with them. They looked stupid afterwards. Another missed smear job.

You gotta remember he is out there everyday talking to these media clowns and dealing with their gotcha games. He knows how to play them. He gives them higher ratings and they give him free campaign boosts.
For whatever reason, whether he's being smart or being dumb, the one certainty is that Donald Trump is showing he's a total ASSHOLE.

And he's playing you idiots like a cheap fiddle.

Enjoy it while you got it, idiots.

• DSK
  • 03-03-2016, 10:51 PM
For whatever reason, whether he's being smart or being dumb, the one certainty is that Donald Trump is showing he's a total ASSHOLE.

And he's playing you idiots like a cheap fiddle.

Enjoy it while you got it, idiots.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Losing this election is an existential threat to conservatism and indeed, a rational US government.

If it has to be Trump to break the system in half, how can a conservative lose?

We have lost on every social issue since the 60's. The old way has to go. It is either Trump or the liberals will line us up against the wall and shoot us, all the while laughing at us.
Losing this election is an existential threat to conservatism and indeed, a rational US government.

If it has to be Trump to break the system in half, how can a conservative lose?

We have lost on every social issue since the 60's. The old way has to go. It is either Trump or the liberals will line us up against the wall and shoot us, all the while laughing at us. Originally Posted by DSK
Liberals have already shot themselves in the foot with Sanders and Clinton. Clinton shouldn't even be eligible to run since she's under investigation. Bernie sanders proved he's not a strong candidate when two hood rats from the "black Lives Matter " movement commandeered his podium and took over his mic. If he couldn't keep those degenerates from pushing him around what makes anyone think he can handle aggressive groups like ISIS. The Democrats don't have shit to offer. It's really imperative that one of these Republicans gets the White House. Yes Trump is mean, he's vile in many ways and insulting. But I really don't think he's a threat to our constitution, our freedom and way of life.

Jim
I think Duke has retracted his endorsement, or denied it. Can't confirm.

Hey, LittleEva, did you forget my question from post 97? I'd like your answer.
I think Duke has retracted his endorsement, or denied it. Can't confirm.

Hey, LittleEva, did you forget my question from post 97? I'd like your answer. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Duke claims he didn't formally endorse Trump. It really doesn't matter anyway. Cause David Duke doesn't have a great deal of political influence. The only thing you ever hear when someone speaks of David Duke is that he is Former member of the KKK it's always negative.

Jim