NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Also,,,, here is the article directly from http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/0...son-young-cbs/

These are quotes from Texans CB Coach Vance Joseph (NOT MINE)

Vance Joseph talks Kareem Jackson, young CBs(posted 4/4/12)

On No. 2 CB Kareem Jackson’s 2011 season: “God, he made wonderful strides. I mean, his first year, as a rookie coming into the league, most guys play too soon at corner anyway. You draft ’em first round and you expect ‘em to play instantly, and most guys, they develop bad scars. But from his first to second year, he changed his body, first of all. His first year, he played about 195, almost 200 pounds. Came back this year at 185. So that helped his long speed to at least be up to par where he can stay with NFL receivers. Then, his technique every week got better and better. He’s always been a tough, smart football player, but he was lacking the long speed and lacking the technique stuff, and that got better.Now, he’s in the spots to make the plays. He’s got to make the plays now. So from his first year to his second year, we’ve got him in A-plus position, we call it. Now, he has to make those plays more consistently.”

On what he told Jackson after his much-maligned 2010 rookie season: “I told him, ‘Just trust me, first of all. I’m going to help your technique, I’m going to help your body change.’ And pass defense, just like run defense, it’s a team thing. So as the pass rush got better, he got better. Because for 15-20 yards, he was a lockdown corner this year. His issues came when the fade ball came with large receivers. He didn’t finish the plays. But if you watch this kid on cut-ups in the offseason right now, for 15 yards, man, he was a lockdown guy. Comebacks, out routes, curl routes, he’s all over the receiver. OK, now he has to get better at finishing deep balls. But he’s so resilient, guys. He’s a tough kid. He’s gone through so much, but you wouldn’t know it being with the kid. He’s not bitter at all. He worked hard every day. He has no ill will towards anyone. He’s positive. He’s confident again. So it was a fun thing to watch him grow as a pro.”
Also,,,, here is the article directly from http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/0...son-young-cbs/

These are quotes from Texans CB Coach Vance Joseph (NOT MINE)

Vance Joseph talks Kareem Jackson, young CBs(posted 4/4/12)

On No. 2 CB Kareem Jackson’s 2011 season: “God, he made wonderful strides................... He’s confident again. So it was a fun thing to watch him grow as a pro.” Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what BT, Willy, Satin or any of the rest of the know it all Monday Morning QB's in this thread have to say about KJ. Bottom line: If the Texans coaching staff believes KJ has a future with the Texans, they are going to keep him. If they don't they are going to cut him!

END OF DEBATE!!!!!

Once the final decision is made, the so called experts in this thread (myself included) will not even rise to the level of being an afterthought for the coaches to consider! We can bitch and moan about their final decision all we want but no matter how much complaining is done, Kubes and Wade's will make the final decision on their timetable, not ours!!

And that is why they make the big bucks!

As for me, I do not pretend to know more than the Texans coaching staff. They are paid well to make personnel decisions and I trust their judgement. If they cut KJ or decide to put him on Special Teams, I am ok with either/or! If the coaching staff decides to keep him, I will support that decision, as well.

Either way, I am a Texans fan. Where in the hell is Dallas, anyway?
Thanks One-eyed Willie,i appreciate it. Though i am a Dallas Cowboy at heart,My analysis of teams are always from the coaches point of view,and not fans..or armchair qb's. I hope to be able to attend a few texans games this year,as God bless me to do so. I'll keep you all posted on Stats..trade rumours....and NFL info throughout the Summer and during the season as i get it...thanks again.
Willy, I probably should have commended you on your Vance Joseph post. It is always nice to hear the opinions of the coaches who are in the trenches with the Texans players. Their opinions are much more meaningful than any of the posters, myself included.

It will be interesting to see how Satin responds, since the coaches opinion certainly contradicts his personal, expert analysis and by extension the expert analysis of Satin's Lapdogs! I could not help but notice that Joseph's opinion was expressed on Sports 610. Apparently Satin was not listening that particular day or we would have heard all hell break loose! How dare the coach to disgree with Satin!

In any event, excellent post Commish!

Over and out!!!!!
Interesting Controversial Stat Measures Up Dopey...

Defense Adjusted Value Over Average

Schaub at his best is an elite quarterback, capable of winning the Super Bowl. At other times, he slides back toward the middle of the pack. No stat captures that better than DVOA

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...houston-texans

Texans Say NO to HBO's Hard Knocks!!??...again

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...s-this-summer/

I actually have never seen the show but I've spoke to others that have. Wonder why Texans turned down the feature. Is it that much of a distraction? I know the stadium stays full win or loose, but I think expanding the bandwagon and showing off a great organization could help the team earn some RESPECT... Thoughts??

Hell what about our cheerleaders.. I'd love to see some unrated snatch shots..
I can not believe that Matt Leinart signed with The Oakland Raiders and has a 3 mil salary to be a backup. Has anyone been watching while this guy is making off like a bandit!! More power to him if he can continue to pull down this kind of money.
I can not believe that Matt Leinart signed with The Oakland Raiders and has a 3 mil salary to be a backup. Has anyone been watching will this guy is making off like a bandit!! More power to him if he can continue to pull down this kind of money. Originally Posted by Easye
Before the emergence of TJ Yates, Texans actually gave Leinart an extension bringing Leinart into his 2nd season with the Texans(2010-2011) and Leinart took less money to stay. Rumor has it, the feller has matured and ain't half bad. I'll believe it when I see it though.
I can not believe that Matt Leinart signed with The Oakland Raiders and has a 3 mil salary to be a backup. Has anyone been watching will this guy is making off like a bandit!! More power to him if he can continue to pull down this kind of money. Originally Posted by Easye
Beats the hell outta me!
  • Satin
  • 05-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Well first of all loser, I'm not on here everyday, because I have something you apparently don't have, which is a "life"...lol

You can talk shit all you want....the more you talk, the more you look like a dumbass....so keep it up...

Guys- "Hey Satin, what's up with that dumbass on your thread, BT? Is that guy really that stupid, or is he just being a dick "?

Satin- "I have no idea bro...I could give a fuck. I'll let him post every day and make an ass of himself, I have better things to do right now. It's not close to football season yet, so nothing he says fazes me playa"..

Carry on.....

PS: Good to see you both again last night at my party chicas.....this weekend might get crazy.....:-)
+1..
Is it time to close this one and start another one Satin? I have totally enjoyed the banter and informative exchanges thus far.
If I hadn't drank with you and BigTex before......i would think you guys really like each other!!
i had fun too.. glad i stayed to get that massage and hell ya i slipped outa my panties for meta world peace!!! lol and to have my girl Olivia next to me that shit was hot!! 4 ppl rubbing on each other!! WOW how do u have the best get togethers...
Willie....if u have never seen hard-knocks...you gotta check it out!! Especially if when NFL netwerk shows the old episodes from the ravens of 2001..or the jets from 2010. Its like th best show on the planet for guys like us,who are addicted to football.that show shows in-depth,up close&personal journey of how training camp in an NFL camp REALLY IS,with coaches screaming,yelling,&players getting cut or injured. You gotta check it out......GENTELMEN.....OTA'S BEGIN NEXT WEEK....
Is it time to close this one and start another one Satin? I have totally enjoyed the banter and informative exchanges thus far.
If I hadn't drank with you and BigTex before......i would think you guys really like each other!! Originally Posted by Easye

I don't have anything against Satin. He and I obviously disagree on sports. But getting away from the sports trash talk environment, I will give credit where credit is due. He is a master in the clubs! No doubt he has few equals in that environment! I enjoy watching him operate!!!!!!

As for JoJo, she was definately a looker!

As it relates to what someone might say about me in all of those PM's he speaks of. Call someone who gives a shit! LMAO!!!!! To me, it's like water rolling off of a ducks backl!

So what?
Well first of all loser, I'm not on here everyday, because I have something you apparently don't have, which is a "life"...lol

You can talk shit all you want....the more you talk, the more you look like a dumbass....so keep it up...

Guys- "Hey Satin, what's up with that dumbass on your thread, BT? Is that guy really that stupid, or is he just being a dick "?

Satin- "I have no idea bro...I could give a fuck. I'll let him post every day and make an ass of himself, I have better things to do right now. It's not close to football season yet, so nothing he says fazes me playa"..

Carry on..... Originally Posted by Satin
Playa, I will admit you have your loyal Lapdogs who seem to follow your every lead. I am ok with them thinking along the same lines as you. If they want to send you a PM to tell you how "stupid" I am, I really and truly do not give a shit! If you believe them high-fiving you somehow validates your opinon, far be it from me to tell you that you're wrong!

I learned a long time ago that the world is full of people with different opinions. As far as I am concerned they are entitled to believe whatever they want to believe. It doesn't mean they are right and I am wrong or vice versa. It just means they have a different opinion than mine. When all is said and done, I also recognize they are entitled to their opinion just as I am entitled to mine. There is an old saying that seems to be applicable in this instance: "Opinions are like assholes, we all have one!"

I can also live with the fact that as it relates to KJ and/or Schaub (our only 2 remaining areas of Texans disagreement) that my so called "dumbass" opinions, seem to be more closely aligned with the opinions of Rick Smith, Kubes, Wade, Vance Joseph and the General, than the opinions of you and your loyal Lapdogs!

There you have it! At the end of the day you have people that you agree with and I have those I am in agreement with.

Can we at least agree that it all equals out in the end?