11 Officers Shot 3 Dead

Frique, I'm just telling you how I see it. And when you say I don't know what it's like to be black you sound like a victim. It may be harder to succeed as a minority so just try harder. I see a lot of very successful Black people. If they can succeed then why can't the rest. We all have the same opportunities in my opinion. That's how I see it. BTW I own a small business and half of my staff are black. And I discuss this crap with them and I try to see their point of view and shock of all shocks they try to see mine. We don't always agree but we do learn from one another and we manage to stay friends. Originally Posted by Mavs fan
You don't... and please explain to me how I'm looking to play the role of a "victim" by saying you don't know what it's like to be black???
Frique, I'm just telling you how I see it. And when you say I don't know what it's like to be black you sound like a victim. It may be harder to succeed as a minority so just try harder. I see a lot of very successful Black people. If they can succeed then why can't the rest. We all have the same opportunities in my opinion. That's how I see it. BTW I own a small business and half of my staff are black. And I discuss this crap with them and I try to see their point of view and shock of all shocks they try to see mine. We don't always agree but we do learn from one another and we manage to stay friends. Originally Posted by Mavs fan
Do you not see how referring to the concerns of others as CRAP disrespectful????

Nevermind Buddy. Have a great night
I wonder if his hate for white people stem from his dad leaving his mom for a white woman.

The Dallas police chief story is interesting too. The police chief is black. His son shot and killed a cop and another person before he was killed by police officers. The problem lies in the black youth culture. You want to solve the problem. You fix that. It also weird that the shooter would target a police department led by a black police chief. Originally Posted by dallasfan
There is some truth to this. Young black men aren't used to being 'coached', or having a male authority figure over them. Their loser dad left the family after donating sperm to mom (they grow up and do the same shit to young girls), and the males in that family grow up without 'guy' direction. They turn to the streets.

I used to be like that. When I was a kid, I'd see guys my age who had dads. They would get 'called in' to the house at dark, they couldn't ALWAYS go out and play. I always thought their dads were just being a d-bag, but it wasn't always the case. 14 and 15 I'm in the club, drinking beer and shit, trying to hang with the big boys. I've seen too many fights and even a few shootings in the club scene, that I had no business in.

I got lucky, in the sense that I had a good moral base, even without a measurable father figure. I avoided things that led to trouble and a criminal record. I've learned a lot things on my own, but I should've learned them sooner. Having a dad in place would've made that possible.

Young black boys and men many times don't understand the process of authority and hierarchy. They hate male school teachers, principals, or anyone who tries to assert on them. That's "disrespecting" them in their eyes, so they're defiant, at an age where they should be learning to become men. Many times, the first time they see any REAL authority is encounters with policemen.

Too often, at this point it's too late to learn authority, especially if the cop has already made up his mind that he's a n*-hating bastard.
so.. Obama is coming to town on Tuesday, and all I have heard is that he will attend an inter-faith prayer service.. maybe the details are withheld at this time (can't blame them on that), but I hope it's not essentially a photo-op, with Rawling, Brown, Jakes, and other city people of "importance".. that would send a bad message, IMO.. if the people of Dallas, in all walks of life, are not invited, fuck that gathering.. if these people are serious about healing and change... if they don't secure the AAC or something, for a large PUBLIC show, they are part of the problem.. in my opinion.
It's crap because it divides us Frique. How do I know what it is like to be black? I can't jump and I ran a 6 second 40 yard dash. Ok man I don't understand what it is like to be black and you don't know what it is like to be me. I was in the Army man and I knew what it was like to be the minority because there were more blacks than whites. And you know what soldiers are the least racist of all because it really never came up. We made fun of each other and we even told racial jokes. But at the end of the day we were brothers who would die for each other. Color didn't matter. We helped each other, we drank from the same canteens, and we loved one another. I have been in a community where race didn't matter. And you know what? That's why I know that this racial divide can be overcome. Now this was the Infantry, all the REMF Motherfuckers might have been different, but us Grunts, we loved each other. It was us against the World.

These situations that are happening now are the exception and not the rule. Less than 100 black men are killed by cops each year but they are so blown out of proportion by the news media and politicians who exploit these killings for ratings and political gain. Most of the black men killed by cops deserve it just like most whites and Hispanics that are killed deserve it. But every police shooting of a black man is front page news. more whites are killed by the cops each year but we don't see these stories. You guys are being used for ratings and for a political agenda,
Lost a lot of cool points when you say they deserved it.

Those who commit acts of malice, i.e. intentionally killing somebody, 'deserves' death themselves.
Do you not see how referring to the concerns of others as CRAP disrespectful????

Nevermind Buddy. Have a great night Originally Posted by Frique-Me
Dude's as clueless as they come..

"Oh get over it"

"We all have the same opportunities"

"The guy would have been alive if he didn't resist"

"Just work harder"

Lol...shit is mind boggling..

I don't know how you guys do it..it's pointless arguing about these matters with most white folks

Besides we're on a Hooker board ..what's the point?
Obama is coming to the Myerson.. inter-faith service, and meeting with the families of the murdered.. might be the best way to do it.. a public gathering would be difficult to pull off, and risky.. probably risky anyway, I'm not sure I wouldn't call in sick, if I'm a Police Officer assigned to guard the area.

I suspect those already closed downtown streets will stay closed until Obama leaves.
Dude's as clueless as they come..

"Oh get over it"

"We all have the same opportunities"

"The guy would have been alive if he didn't resist"

"Just work harder"

Lol...shit is mind boggling..

I don't know how you guys do it..it's pointless arguing about these matters with most white folks

Besides we're on a Hooker board ..what's the point? Originally Posted by NubianPrince
You're right Prince. Arguing with some is an exercise for the insane. Thanks for reminding me
I wasn't arguing I was discussing. And I don't claim to always be right. This isn't an argument one can win, this is a problem for which we all need to find a solution.
...It also weird that the shooter would target a police department led by a black police chief. Originally Posted by dallasfan
and a damn GOOD police chief at that!
I saw a data sheet on the disproportionate amount of Black men killed by police compared to whites considering their percentage in the overall population (40% killed compared to 13% of overall population, roughly). It's something I've been reading a lot lately. It's telling.

But then I looked at the murder rates and the numbers are 49% of murder arrests compared to 13% of the overall population. Maybe we need to focus on that a little more when we start wondering why the police might be more aggressive toward Blacks.

When a particular demographic makes up 13% of the population, but then are responsible for nearly 50% of the murders it's not hard to see why their fatalities by hands of police would also be higher. The threat of loss of life is higher overall.

Is my logic wrong?
Hard to argue with facts and statistics THN. But watch someone will. 13% commit 50% of the murders WOW! And most are Black on Black murders I would guess.
Is my logic wrong? Originally Posted by THN
No, it isn't. Unfortunately someone will call the statistics racist.
Good stuff, Randall....good read. Thanks for giving all of us a glimpse of your own story, as well.

So...in a nutshell...what are the answers......what are the solutions? I wish I knew...I really do. I swear....if we (ie: society as a whole.....blacks, whites, hispanic, asian, etc) don't come up with some tangible ways of fixing ourselves, we are doomed. If we don't all start celebrating our differences and loving one another, we are doomed.

I feel like society is sitting at DEFCON 2 (to borrow a military term) and is teetering on the brink of a bottomless pit. I hate to put it in such negative terms....these recent events have me so worried, so concerned for the future.

I dunno.....maybe it's 'cause I know that come this November all I'll see on the ballot will be the names Clinton and Trump
Or perhaps its because next month's Rio Olympics sounds like it's really gonna blow big time.....
Or its because the long-awaited Ghostbusters sequel has a foot in the grave before it's even been released.
Or because the Cowboys are gonna have another klunker of a season since they did nothing in the off season to fix the defense....again.

So much disappointment.....so much sadness

There is some truth to this. Young black men aren't used to being 'coached', or having a male authority figure over them. Their loser dad left the family after donating sperm to mom (they grow up and do the same shit to young girls), and the males in that family grow up without 'guy' direction. They turn to the streets.

I used to be like that. When I was a kid, I'd see guys my age who had dads. They would get 'called in' to the house at dark, they couldn't ALWAYS go out and play. I always thought their dads were just being a d-bag, but it wasn't always the case. 14 and 15 I'm in the club, drinking beer and shit, trying to hang with the big boys. I've seen too many fights and even a few shootings in the club scene, that I had no business in.

I got lucky, in the sense that I had a good moral base, even without a measurable father figure. I avoided things that led to trouble and a criminal record. I've learned a lot things on my own, but I should've learned them sooner. Having a dad in place would've made that possible.

Young black boys and men many times don't understand the process of authority and hierarchy. They hate male school teachers, principals, or anyone who tries to assert on them. That's "disrespecting" them in their eyes, so they're defiant, at an age where they should be learning to become men. Many times, the first time they see any REAL authority is encounters with policemen.

Too often, at this point it's too late to learn authority, especially if the cop has already made up his mind that he's a n*-hating bastard. Originally Posted by Randall Creed