Outbreak in dallas

for those who haven't heard about the Ebola-Reston scare, 25 years ago.. interesting recap..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...reak/13860929/

and, about Mr. Monnig, the guy rushed to Presbyterian from Care Now in Frisco yesterday.. it takes about 48 hours for his results.. I would hate to have to wait that long..
As a parent this worries me not for myself but for my kids.

If the police officer is positive for ebola, then he had exposure with his family and other officers in the department. Its a body fluid disease so cough or saliva can be an issue. If he passed it on at the office then anyone pulled over could potentially catch it from an officer who then handles their ID if they wipe their nose or something disgusting like that. Then you have an epidemic...

Donald Trump is being a moron making videos bashing Obama and how he should close flights from west Africa off, but that wont help connection flights... I sometimes wonder who that fool steals his business ideas from becasue hes dumb as a door knob.

for those who haven't heard about the Ebola-Reston scare, 25 years ago.. interesting recap..

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...reak/13860929/

and, about Mr. Monnig, the guy rushed to Presbyterian from Care Now in Frisco yesterday.. it takes about 48 hours for his results.. I would hate to have to wait that long.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Totally agree with you the wait is painful for him, his friends, and loved ones.

Im actually in shock that the CDC didnt ET the issue and control things better. This day in age their lack of protocol makes some think that the govt wants an epidemic.
I just wish they would update Monnig's condition during the wait. Has he gotten better or worse? It would be comforting to know he has not developed a fever or other symptoms while we wait to find out about the test.

All they are saying is that he had no direct contact which would lead everyone to believe the test will be negative. I just want to know if his condition has worsened or improved overnight. Especially, whether he developed a fever or not.
I just wish they would update Monnig's condition during the wait. Has he gotten better or worse? It would be comforting to know he has not developed a fever or other symptoms while we wait to find out about the test.

All they are saying is that he had no direct contact which would lead everyone to believe the test will be negative. I just want to know if his condition has worsened or improved overnight. Especially, whether he developed a fever or not. Originally Posted by thathottnurse
I agree darlin and usually I let these things go uncared for... but as a parent an with the CDC being sloppy with protocol it has me worried for all of us.

2-21 day incubation of symptoms is what friends have told me and all it takes is body fluid on an item he touched. praying hes not a stupid as the news is trying to make him appear

*crosses fingers and toes*
I wonder how many have changed their hobby habits due to this recent concern. It might make for a decent discussion in coed. Perhaps the mods might consider moving this back to coed, given the nature of bodily fluid transmission.

Although now it seems the deputy is feeling better and has no fever. So that is a HUGE relief for everyone following this, especially parents.
and, about Mr. Monnig, the guy rushed to Presbyterian from Care Now in Frisco yesterday.. it takes about 48 hours for his results.. I would hate to have to wait that long.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
They must've rushed it to calm evryone down. Came back negative.
Party on Wayne!

Donald Trump is being a moron making videos bashing Obama and how he should close flights from west Africa off, but that wont help connection flights... I sometimes wonder who that fool steals his business ideas from becasue hes dumb as a Originally Posted by txlonghornfan811
donald trump is proof u can be an idiot and still be a billionare
donald trump is proof u can be an idiot and still be a billionare Originally Posted by Juan Pablo de Marco
He is a member of the lucky sperm club.
Yes he was born on third and daddy told him he hit a friggin triple. But hey he just plays the hand he's been delt just like his kids and the rest of the world. Whadda you going to do different?

Sorry this has strayed so off topic. Trumps a whole nother matter. We digress.
Shit. He did not mention at our DCC meeting today. I knew that SOB was hiding something. That little worm.
My phone just beeped with the news from the NYT.

Second person (health care worker) diagnosed in Texas.

Pretty awful.

EW
This is now becomeing truly scary
this is scary... a worker in a Hazmat suit.. we've gone from "Dallas, killer of Presidents", 50 years ago, to "Dallas, city of Ebola" today.

we are branded.. the Dallas Ebola news is all around the globe, and now continues.. we need to stop this damn virus.. here and everywhere else.
this is scary... a worker in a Hazmat suit.. we've gone from "Dallas, killer of Presidents", 50 years ago, to "Dallas, city of Ebola" today.

we are branded.. the Dallas Ebola news is all around the globe, and now continues.. we need to stop this damn virus.. here and everywhere else. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I generally wake up pretty early. And I was enjoying being under the covers when my phone beeped with the news.

And the FIRST thing that I thought of is what you wrote above. Are we around the same age? Sometimes, you'll write something and I'll think to myself that we must be of a similar age, although I certainly have no idea. Then, often it seems as if you're much younger. Anyway ... apologies for the thread drift.

At any rate, NOW is the time to NOT panic. It's just the second one. I do worry that it's been a week, or several days, that this person was exposed to others. You know the whole "six degrees of separation" thing.

Now who has been infected?