Tea Terrorists

• Old-T
  • 08-30-2011, 05:55 AM
Qyiut confusing the TPers with facts! We are the most taxed least services country in the world! The average US white male pays 184% of his earnings in taxes! That's what I want to believe and I refuse to let data change my biased mind!

The U.S. tax system is somewhat progressive. Income taxes, especially, are progressive, slightly more than offsetting regressive taxes such as Social Security and sales taxes. Therefore, I would expect that the percentage of tax paid for any given individual on this board, whose membership seems to be a good bit wealthier than the average household in the U.S. (where Average Household Income is $50,221) would be somewhat higher than the average.

But the total tax burden in the U.S. as a percentage of GDP is 27.1%. So when you take all the poor who pay a good portion of their income in sales taxes and payroll taxes, average with all us millionaires, the final number has to come out to 27.1%. There can't be many 60% folks in the deck, or that average won't work out.

Average household income source: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/00000.html

Likewise, it is not relevant what our tax rate is in the abstract. The relevant inquiry is what it is in relation to other countries who are similarly situation to the United States and with whom the U.S. is competing. Clearly, out taxes are very low (as are our government services) compared to comparable countries.

And clearly the much lower taxes that we (and Japan, Korea, Mexico, and Turkey) are enjoying aren't doing us much good economically. Otherwise, we'd be beating the pants of countries like Germany, France, Finland, etc. who are kicking our ass all over the place economically. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
  • WTF
  • 08-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Qyiut confusing the TPers with facts! We are the most taxed least services country in the world! The average US white male pays 184% of his earnings in taxes! That's what I want to believe and I refuse to let data change my biased mind! Originally Posted by Old-T
Old-T, you have turned into quite the comedian!

“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”
-- Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
  • WTF
  • 08-30-2011, 12:27 PM
“The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government can not pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.”

-- Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Tell that stupid ass Barrack and the Tea Party Terrorist that we can easily pay our bills, we just don't want to.

We need to cut Defense spending , raise taxes and trim entitlements. Simple as one two three.

They do not do that by 2012 and I am supporting John Hunstman for the job.