Did Texas "Re-open" too Soon?

Sugar water is the worst dietary item you can consume. Originally Posted by friendly fred
I don't disagree with you at all.
Sugar water is the worst dietary item you can consume. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Real sugar is no problem in moderation, HFCS is garbage. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
Yes, you have to really define "sugar water".

It's largely high fructose corn syrup water.

Eating an orange gives you "sugar water".
I love the smell of deflection in the morning.

That is funny that Coca Cola lets their customers take a tour through a stink chamber. I was hoping for something a little more stomach turning. I do not drink any Coke products, either. The only soda that I ever liked was Dr Pepper but I have not had one since Snapple shut down Dublin. Originally Posted by smokedog01
I would assume tours aren't taken through the actual production area but through a corridor with large windows where people can see whats taking place through the various stages of production. Tourist probably don't smell anything. I am sure they get to taste the finished product afterwards though.
eye don't like coke and diet coke. one is too sugary and the other well tastes awful.
Yes, you have to really define "sugar water".

It's largely high fructose corn syrup water.

Eating an orange gives you "sugar water". Originally Posted by eccielover
An orange in whole food form is more of a complex carbohydrate.

Orange juice fucks it up and makes it a simple carb - processed.

High fructose corn syrup is a processed carb - very bad.

Processed flour -dinner roll - simple carb - bad.

Chips - processed corn - fucking terrible simple carb including the saturated fat.

Whole wheat - complex carb - good.

I am using the classic urban slang for a Coca Cola or equivalent when I say sugar water - generally a high fructose corn syrup concoction, occasionally pure sugar. Sucks either way, nutritionally. I haven't had a regular coke in years.

Even if you burn it off and you aren't fat you would have been better off with a complex carb from fruit, and a filtered water.

Milk is good, too.
An orange in whole food form is more of a complex carbohydrate.

Orange juice fucks it up and makes it a simple carb - processed.

High fructose corn syrup is a processed carb - very bad.

Processed flour -dinner roll - simple carb - bad.

Chips - processed corn - fucking terrible simple carb including the saturated fat.

Whole wheat - complex carb - good.

I am using the classic urban slang for a Coca Cola or equivalent when I say sugar water - generally a high fructose corn syrup concoction, occasionally pure sugar. Sucks either way, nutritionally. I haven't had a regular coke in years.

Even if you burn it off and you aren't fat you would have been better off with a complex carb from fruit, and a filtered water.

Milk is good, too. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Two physicians with whom I've had many conversations regarding diet, sugar, mineral, and weight control both said the same thing, which is ...

if it can be used by fermenting to make drinking alcohol .. don't consume it....that would include "wheat" ... and a lot of other stuff.
If you want to stop drinking coke tour a Coca Cola bottling plant. I use to know this guy who worked at a Coca Cola Bottling plant, although I've never been a coke drinker he said if you knew how Coke was made you would never drink it. Without getting into too much detail he said it starts off warm and it smells, lol. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I can beat that.. I spent time in the Vietnamese town where nước mam is produced.. it always stinks, never goes away.. people live there, I don't know how they manage.

but I consume it regularly, as a dipping sauce.

I don't know how it's made. I am just going by what this guy told me. I don't drink either Dr. Pepper or Coca Cola. I do know both of those drinks contain a whole lot of sugar about 45g per can. Originally Posted by Levianon17
not that much.. Dr. Pepper has 40, Pepsi 39.. but Coke "only" has 27
I can beat that.. I spent time in the Vietnamese town where nước mam is produced.. it always stinks, never goes away.. people live there, I don't know how they manage.

but I consume it regularly, as a dipping sauce.

not that much.. Dr. Pepper has 40, Pepsi 39.. but Coke "only" has 27 Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Yeah and some people drink two and three cokes a day. That's a lot of sugar in one product.
You need to clean your ears out.
I didn't say any of that. I posted the method used by the CDC.
Argue with them.
So what I hear you say is that unless you have been tested positive for the Chinese virus from Wuhan, China, then you don't have it. Wouldn't that also mean the test causes it? Wouldn't that also mean that everyone in the entire country would have to be tested everyday for evah?

No! The math is people who die from the Chinese virus from Wuhan, China compared against the population. Then you have to sift through the deaths to determine if in fact the Chinese virus from Wuhan, China is the cause of death versus being present at the time of death.. Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
You don't need exact numbers to post approximate values. They still argue past numbers from earlier pandemics. I told you where the numbers I used came from. If you don't like them then don't use them.
For now, the numbers posted in reputable sources are good enough to use in discussions. I haven't argued any points that need exact numbers.
Here is a set of data points accurate enough for me.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...01e8b9cafc8b83
Yes, as I said, if your sole purpose was to clarify my statement with the statements that were already posted on the site I referenced, then all well and good. Anyone actually interested already had access to that information in my link.

For the overall "official" and "accurate" numbers that's certainly going to play out over time and it'll be the final crude mortality rate of Wuhan Virus towards the end of first year cycle will be largely what's looked at.

And numbers are numbers, given that they are subject to "accuracy", but how you choose to make "stats" out of potentially "inaccurate" numbers is also a game in and of itself.

As I've posted repeatedly, "death rate" is a great number for people to throw around without defining it.

Case Death Rate, Infection Death Rate, Crude(population) Death Rate. And are the numbers based on Reported Deaths or Provisional Deaths, etc. etc?

People will continue to use their "choice" of numbers to make whatever statistical case they choose. And none of them will be "accurate" Originally Posted by eccielover
As usual, you run your mouth with nothing to say that refutes anything in a post. You pretend you are a source. You're right up there with alex jones.

Here is a link that shows current Texas numbers.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...01e8b9cafc8b83

Where did you get DMN finding it acceptable to arrest the salon owner? Where do you get your numbers from? Actually, who cares? You don't post links anyway.

It's too late if you're trying to educate Munchie. He relies on the media for his numbers aka "Dallas Morning News" where they apparently find it acceptable to arrest a hair salon owner for opening her business a week early after several weeks of nonsensical, unsupported delays. What did the Dallas rag say? Originally Posted by LexusLover
As usual, you run your mouth with nothing to say

Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
If you can hear what I am saying, .... then .....

.... so again! You make up shit to post! You can't hear anything I am saying.
  • oeb11
  • 05-24-2020, 07:40 AM
Whole lot of perseveration goin' On!
Whole lot of perseveration goin' On! Originally Posted by oeb11
Pereseveration? I have to admit I had to look that one up.

per·sev·er·ate
/pərˈsevəˌrāt/

Learn to pronounce

verbPSYCHOLOGY

repeat or prolong an action, thought, or utterance after the stimulus that prompted it has ceased.
"they perseverate under stress"
  • oeb11
  • 05-24-2020, 08:00 AM
I mis-spelled - "Perseveration"!!!
is that a crime equal to a vote for Trump in "Democrat" lexicon???