Sinema stands with her fellow Democrats on social spending and climate bill. It’s a done deal.

• WTF
  • 08-12-2022, 07:43 AM
these EVs are not mature. they're essentially in the "model T" stage.

you have to realize how long it took for the model T ICE technology and its infrastructure to mature...

30 - 40 years to replace horses.
50 years to have gas stations in in all 48 states.
100+ years for engine technology to be fuel efficient. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
You do understand that it started maturing after the massive government funded highway build out?

You understand that right?
  • WTF
  • 08-12-2022, 07:46 AM
i think its ford who announced a couple days ago their lightning is going up up up, due to battery costs Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
That is why it was foolish to call for the death of oil and gas....no matter what administration is in the WH.
That is why it was foolish to call for the death of oil and gas....no matter what administration is in the WH. Originally Posted by WTF
wtf, you surprise me

every ten years or so, you have an epiphany
You do understand that it started maturing after the massive government funded highway build out?

You understand that right? Originally Posted by WTF
that started in the 1950s. that is right around the time when all 48 states had gas stations.

that interstate thing was a side show. it just made it easier to get to places than state roads.
wtf, you surprise me

every ten years or so, you have an epiphany Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
i think the epiphany is a 4x4.
  • Tiny
  • 08-13-2022, 07:22 AM
that started in the 1950s. that is right around the time when all 48 states had gas stations.

that interstate thing was a side show. it just made it easier to get to places than state roads. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
WTF is a big believer in massive federal government spending. He fails to appreciate how much of it is flushed down the toilet. And how much more efficient our state and local governments are. And how that massive spending, including spending from the inappropriately named Inflation Adjustment Act, can drive up inflation. He needs to stop watching Bernie Sanders videos on you tube.
Flushed down the toilet?

This thread is about the new Inflation Reduction Act, just passed and on its way to POTUS for his signature.

Any suggestion that it’s about the document filing system in the previous WH is off topic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahHah
  • Tiny
  • 08-13-2022, 08:07 AM
Flushed down the toilet?

This thread is about the new Inflation Reduction Act, just passed and on its way to POTUS for his signature.

Any suggestion that it’s about the document filing system in the previous WH is off topic.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHahHah Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Good catch! I’ve edited my post to make it on topic.

Respectfully, any comments about use of the toilet for document filing should go in one of the Mar a Lago threads, not here. Or start your own thread.
  • Tiny
  • 08-13-2022, 08:08 AM
Oh yeah, you started this thread. Ok then, start another thread. Man I miss Oeb!
LOL!

I figured you were just trying to be cute.
GM's lineup includes a 27k model. While hardly any car manufacturers cater to the poor other than maybe Tata in India....27k is not for the wealthy Originally Posted by WTF
You're referring to the Bolt in its most stripped-down "econobox," rolling-tin-can-style trim.

But that's not going to be good enough to appeal to lower-income households (even with the tax credit), for the following reasons:

First, the $27,000 price is still about 50% higher than similarly-sized gasoline-powered, stripped-down econoboxes.

Second, most lower-income families don't have the luxury of having a range-bound car that they can't take on a trip to visit the parents or grandparents over the holidays, or to the beach for an occasional summer getaway.

Additionally, most lower-income families couldn't care less about virtue-signaling, which is generally the province of upper-income urban and suburban professionals.

In the more affluent areas of Dallas, for instance, you can hardly swing a cowboy's lariat without hitting a Tesla. Typical owners can assuage their guilt about cranking the air conditioning to 70 degrees in their 8,000 sq. ft. home on a beastly hot summer day. Sort of like "Mine-Me" versions of Al Gore, when he "offsets" the emissions output of the chartered jets he flies around in by obtaining "carbon credits."

To be sure, electric cars have some very attractive features. The incredible smoothness, for one thing. The absence of having to stop at crowded urban gas stations to fill up. And, of course, the thrill of wickedly-quick acceleration (2.0 sec 0-60 mph!) in a 1,020-horsepower Model S Plaid. In a one-eighth-mile drag race, it will shut the doors off anything else you can drive on the street.
Bill should pass house today so Biden can sign next week. Hope he has a big signing ceremony and touts how anticipation for this legislation has cause inflation to begin to recede already... Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Yes, of course! I believe I posted just a few days ago that we're almost sure to see Karine step to the lectern and announce a new episode of victory-lapping over the likely decline in the inflation rate. Even though, of course, the "Inflation Reduction Act" (a misnomer if there ever was one!) will have nothing to do with it. Didn't we recently see her make ridiculously disingenuous boasts about how the sheer wonderfulness of their policies was reducing gasoline prices?

By the way, do you think she will also announce that the Biden administration will, at such time that its presence can no longer be denied, take credit for the concomitant recession?
Seems like between the legislation package, the Removal of that Al Qaeda dude, the great jobs report, ever dropping gas prices, etc etc, that even the most bitter among us would begin to feel a little better about life…
By the way, do you think she will also announce that the Biden administration will, at such time that its presence can no longer be denied, take credit for the concomitant recession? Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian
Maybe they can "cancel" the NBER and pronounce a new rule stipulating that it henceforth takes 4 consecutive quarters of real GDP decline, rather than just 2, to earn the big R designation.

That will push the question into 2023 and allow them to remain in denial until after the midterm elections.
Bump