Why have a eccie houston?

ha! nice contradiction of someone in a really old thread. I won't go there however and could care less. just find it amusing.

not to mention, mods don't worry about protecting anyone here. forgive all bans. it's not anyone's job to protect any of us right? let information flow all over and let the individuals deal right? time to edit those guidelines or just let 'em be all honor based right?

haha

seriously though, there is plenty that could be argued on this topic pointlessly and plenty of gray areas. if there is no need for protection why is there a govt. program/dept. called witsec? it's someone's job to protect some someones' asses. Originally Posted by JustMeCLTXGG
If no one knows what you're talking about and you're not going to 'go there' why go out of your way to bring it up? Passive-aggression? Want to raise interest without anything interesting to offer? Too damn sophisticated and intellectually amusing for our little peon brains? IDK, just asking...Share or don't share, but it's not nice to tease...

If it's a contradiction of someone else's quote, well we all have differing opinions. If it's a contradiction of something that I said a long time ago, well there's a lot of things I felt a certain way about a long time ago and no longer do. I no longer believe it's fun to sit in a club with my friends and bullshit all night, though I used to. In the words of John Maynard Keynes: "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"

It will never be a pointless argument, as long as someone feels the need to talk about it and someone has the opportunity to learn something that they didn't know. Yes, there are plenty of grey areas. And??

The guidelines are set forth by the owners to have and restore order on the website, not protect the members from their own stupidity or getting their wittle feelings hurt. Points and bans establish precedence for what it deems unacceptable on the website. Guidelines only inform you of what the site will or will not accept on it, only for the end goal of ensuring it's (the website's) continued existence. That way you cannot say no one told you. Do you know why it's ok here to discuss fucking dead people but it's a nuclear rule to discuss minors? Not because one may or may not be more offensive to you, but because the latter is explicitly illegal and threatens the existence of the website. You are also under the false assumption that the site exists to serve you. If I have to explain to you why it is not and does not, then we need to go out for drinks one day. You make no final decisions here other than who you'll hire from here, and you make no money directly off of the website, all you do is shell it out and add content to the site while you do. The ladies who do make money here knows that is a privilege, not a right, and don't need a clock to know what time it is. In exchange for that privilege they also add content to the website.

This is life. It is impossible to try and please everyone, so one would have to either be a masochist or not based in reality to assume they could or even try. You would like to believe that it should be happy shiny people here time because your engagement in the hobby isn't performed out on the streets. Well I hate to tell you sir, geography doesn't mean a thing. Have you ever read the comments on Youtube videos? Most of the comments here are grade school compared to those savages. LOL Do people still post videos and comment? Yes they do. Such is life.

I didn't say no government entity takes it upon itself to protect an individual, I said the police don't though many thinks that it does. Even witsec is there to protect the entity itself. Do you think the federal government gives a rats ass about any of the criminals protected by it? They need witnesses to capture and convict those they go after, and whatever tools needed to obtain that goal is what they will use. If people knew that there was no way to be protected after they snitch, they will not snitch point blank period. So if you offer them protection, they'll sing like a canary because they know they will live to see another day. So yes, to protect it's interest in gathering evidence for convictions, witsec will hide some witnesses from retaliation, as an example to others that yes, if you cooperate with us we can help you. But it's not for the witnesses' sake. If you don't snitch with some good shit, you're not getting a damn thing from witsec. END GOAL: Ensure and protect the state's interest.

If it were the police's job to protect you, the 2nd amendment would not be so important and protected so fervently. Protecting yourself and your family is not only your right, but your duty. Before people turned into spoiled, lazy, entitled little pussies, they understood that.
It doesn't require far removal from the masses, just a deviation from the herd mentality. He doesn't have any special golden ticket that anyone else here doesn't. I have wanted change on some things here and elsewhere , and I didn't just sit back and talk about it.

I know what I would do in this case to get the ball at least rolling, and I thinck I have a pretty good idea on at least some of what wakeup would do, and I agree with him, no one complaining here would take the time and initiative to do it. Or harden themselves enough to take the flack for daring to and not take bullshit for an answer.

What's my first guess? They haven't already and are still here complaining about it.

If you need the same fucker you're complaining about drawing you a roadmap to your success, that in itself is part of the problem.

If the mod's response angers you and stops you dead in your tracks, that's an even more significant part of the problem.

Both are personal problems.
Ijs...

If a lady starts a thread asking should she come and someone says no, that's not against the rules, because not only did she ask for opinions, she got an opinion. If he says she is too fat for his blood, that is also an opinion. One she solicited. If a guy calls you a whore, that is indeed fact, you fuck and suck dick for money, the textbook definition of a whore.

Anytime you start a thread, the thread no longer belongs to you, but to the community at large if you leave it up and at least one person answers.

You guys have got to know the rules of the game if you wanna play. Originally Posted by Hottentot Venus
I have no problem of any of your examples...ijs
If no one knows what you're talking about and you're not going to 'go there' why go out of your way to bring it up? Passive-aggression? Want to raise interest without anything interesting to offer? Too damn sophisticated and intellectually amusing for our little peon brains? IDK, just asking...Share or don't share, but it's not nice to tease... Originally Posted by Hottentot Venus
^^^^^^Happens all the time.

If it's a contradiction of someone else's quote, well we all have differing opinions. If it's a contradiction of something that I said a long time ago, well there's a lot of things I felt a certain way about a long time ago and no longer do. I no longer believe it's fun to sit in a club with my friends and bullshit all night, though I used to. In the words of John Maynard Keynes: "When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?"

It will never be a pointless argument, as long as someone feels the need to talk about it and someone has the opportunity to learn something that they didn't know. Yes, there are plenty of grey areas. And??

The guidelines are set forth by the owners to have and restore order on the website, not protect the members from their own stupidity or getting their wittle feelings hurt. Points and bans establish precedence for what it deems unacceptable on the website. Guidelines only inform you of what the site will or will not accept on it, only for the end goal of ensuring it's (the website's) continued existence. That way you cannot say no one told you. Do you know why it's ok here to discuss fucking dead people but it's a nuclear rule to discuss minors? Not because one may or may not be more offensive to you, but because the latter is explicitly illegal and threatens the existence of the website. You are also under the false assumption that the site exists to serve you. If I have to explain to you why it is not and does not, then we need to go out for drinks one day. You make no final decisions here other than who you'll hire from here, and you make no money directly off of the website, all you do is shell it out and add content to the site while you do. The ladies who do make money here knows that is a privilege, not a right, and don't need a clock to know what time it is. In exchange for that privilege they also add content to the website.

This is life. It is impossible to try and please everyone, so one would have to either be a masochist or not based in reality to assume they could or even try. You would like to believe that it should be happy shiny people here time because your engagement in the hobby isn't performed out on the streets. Well I hate to tell you sir, geography doesn't mean a thing. Have you ever read the comments on Youtube videos? Most of the comments here are grade school compared to those savages. LOL Do people still post videos and comment? Yes they do. Such is life.

I didn't say no government entity takes it upon itself to protect an individual, I said the police don't though many thinks that it does. Even witsec is there to protect the entity itself. Do you think the federal government gives a rats ass about any of the criminals protected by it? They need witnesses to capture and convict those they go after, and whatever tools needed to obtain that goal is what they will use. If people knew that there was no way to be protected after they snitch, they will not snitch point blank period. So if you offer them protection, they'll sing like a canary because they know they will live to see another day. So yes, to protect it's interest in gathering evidence for convictions, witsec will hide some witnesses from retaliation, as an example to others that yes, if you cooperate with us we can help you. But it's not for the witnesses' sake. If you don't snitch with some good shit, you're not getting a damn thing from witsec. END GOAL: Ensure and protect the state's interest.

If it were the police's job to protect you, the 2nd amendment would not be so important and protected so fervently. Protecting yourself and your family is not only your right, but your duty. Before people turned into spoiled, lazy, entitled little pussies, they understood that. Originally Posted by Hottentot Venus
As far as protection goes, that happens all the time too. Then some mod will stand up and declare they are not protectors and go right back to doing it. You know this. You've seen it enough.
I don't in fact "know this", and I swear to Tebow I'm not being obtuse. Can you give me an example?

You mean like a pocket mod? That's the only example that comes to mind. Pocket mods usually only 'protect' whores who they're either fucking or they want to fuck.

"I have influence and power, whore. I can help you." What that is worth depends on the whore and the whore's mod.

This isn't really protecting the whore, only protecting the mod's self interest in getting his dick wet. I'm not even gonna speculate on whether that's wrong or not, because if I were the whore in question I'd have no problem with it.

As soon as that dick's interest is gone, so is the 'protection'. Then it's on to protecting the new whore of interest.

Of course whores never see it like that, because she and her pussy are special. Platinum, even. The mod can write it off as doing his job, because the person he is 'protecting' her from did indeed break one of the guidelines, did he not?

Transversely, if they do not like someone, male or female, they may ignore guideline offenses against that particular person for the same reason: self interest. The rules don't apply when it comes to that hooktard/ fucktard because I don't like you and you're getting what you deserve.

The ideal way for it to work is that even the most looked down on and offensive is subject to the same protection as the most liked and loved, as is everyone in between... but we all know that's not how that cake bakes, do we not? In life the sun always shines on some dog's ass, but not all.

You said the tide turned with the last mod shakeup. I disagree. In my opinion, the tide visibly turned with Whale Wars. There terms were defined (whale= fat whore) , lines were drawn (as long as I say it a certain way this is acceptable), and precedence set ( From now on I can tell a fat whore that she is a fat whore because it is now ruled not against the rules).

What are the most consistently and visibly enforced guidelines on ECCIE? Guidelines that some of us refer to as 'nuclear rules'? Those from which no matter who your pocket mod is you will not escape visible reprimand or your post be edited and you be pointed privately? (If a post is edited for breaking a guideline and the guideline is posted in that specific post by a mod, points ARE given).

Did your sudden interest in the behavior of some begin then in Whale Wars, or when you and a particular person / group no longer saw eye-to-eye? Do you now have an interest in protest because you are on the other side of the mud pit in ECCIE tug-o-war? Again, not being obtuse and NONE of this shit is personal to me, just asking...

Like the saying goes: Either get down or lay down, right?
Yeah step 2 is a motherfucker. The devil is in the details but of course noone wants to get into them, they just want to complain.

Contrary to popular opinion, the behavioral guidelines ARE enforced. Perhaps the line is drawn differently than some would draw it but there is a line. In the past year I've personally issued almost 20% of all the violations issued sitewide for insults, disrespect, and rudeness. It's clearly not enough for some people. So be it. You can't please everyone and only fools try.

I'd point out that speech that is uncontroversial requires no protection.

However, this site has freedom of expression as one of its bedrock principles. Where possible, moderation errs on the side of that principle. The idea that people should be censored because some people find some things they say offensive is in direct opposition with that. I personally favor freedom of expression, isn't life PC enough already? Must Internet forums be also? I'm not condoning assholish behavior and I don't engage in my definition of it myself but I appreciate the forums that trend toward a libertarian approach to moderation. Other users are free to call out the assholes if they wish. Either way, it's a relatively unfiltered experience.

Instead of utilizing their own freedom of expression to shout down or try to shame the assholes some members want moderators to simply censor people. To the extent possible, people should be allowed to speak freely and be real with each other.

What goes on here is the same microcosm of personalities that exists on every Internet forum everywhere. This is just the hooker board version of the same old shit.

You've got your standard message board archetypes; The Troll, The Hero, The Flirt, The Damsel in Distress, The Everyman, The Founding Member, and a million others that you see over and over again if you spend any time at all on boards. The ratio of personalities varies from board to board but the underlying dynamics are the same.

As always the vocal minority of loud assholes get a lot of attention, and generalizations get made about the user base as a whole...which are wrong and misguided. Occasionally threads get posted like this one encouraging people to just Kumbaya and get along with one another. Same as it ever was, only this time, this site, it's different right?

We're all adults here and people are perfectly capable of defending themselves, having heated discussions, disagreements, sharing offensive opinions, etc. without moderators getting involved. We do not hold people's hands nor are we under some kind of delusion that trying to create a "Kinder, Gentler Eccie" can succeed if it stems from authoritarian and draconian moderation style. When possible, moderators do nothing and let people work it out on their own.

We draw the line at direct and specific insults but aside from that it's not our job to protect people from getting their feelings hurt on the internets. Nor is it our job to make sure noone is ever offended. That asshole you don't like is just as entitled to his opinions as you are to yours.

To bastardize Voltaire, "I may not agree with your stupid opinion, but I'll fight to the death to protect your right to express it over and over again in dumbass fashion on a hooker board".
Thanks for your post Hippo.
I would be surprised if more than a dozen retards understood what I did in "Whale Wars". I was just fine with that.
I admit, it was amazing to me on several levels. Still is. There are those who are glad that you have a self imposed muzzle on now. Grrr
whattya know. another newb topic post to join the dozen other ones of the same subject wrote by the other noobs. Originally Posted by RickyGshots
Lolz. I've been on eccie longer than you muffin. Well long enough to see a few things trending wrong.

And not just coed guys, in welcome as well.

Bottom line, play hard, play fair, nobody hurt

p.s. The G-spot isn't a myth but have you actually hit it for her? Turns a normal women into a super spider girl. She will crawl the walls and ceilings and his she has nails, you will most likely be bleeding afterwards.

Spicey, DTL, IG & HH - you guys bring up great & valid points. Kudos Originally Posted by Mythos
Me thinks sometimes smells wrong in Denmark. I feel the presents of a former tard in the op words.......new name but same troll feeding nonsense. Please continue. I have popcorn to pop.... Originally Posted by kinkyorca

And as far as me seeing newbies...... Do you really think people that join are really newbies? Let me answer that ummmm not really.... Originally Posted by Champagne Brown
I do recall answering this question
There is truth to the statement that a real newbie will feel overwhelmed trying to participate here. What you fail to remember is the utter stupidity that comes out of newbies that are just starting to participate. Those of you who were here will remember the early years when newbies outnumbered the informed.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to return to that?

There is a middle majority who were not here for that nonsense. This majority are the beneficiaries of all the prior knowledge that came from that time. But, they did not have to wade through the crap to get there. That middle majority now wants to try to school us on the grinder that saved them a shit load of storm. Not having gone through it, they want to tell us we need to return to those kinder/gentler times.

Fuck that and fuck them........ijs
I don't in fact "know this", and I swear to Tebow I'm not being obtuse. Can you give me an example?

You mean like a pocket mod? That's the only example that comes to mind. Pocket mods usually only 'protect' whores who they're either fucking or they want to fuck.

"I have influence and power, whore. I can help you." What that is worth depends on the whore and the whore's mod.

This isn't really protecting the whore, only protecting the mod's self interest in getting his dick wet. I'm not even gonna speculate on whether that's wrong or not, because if I were the whore in question I'd have no problem with it.

As soon as that dick's interest is gone, so is the 'protection'. Then it's on to protecting the new whore of interest.

Of course whores never see it like that, because she and her pussy are special. Platinum, even. The mod can write it off as doing his job, because the person he is 'protecting' her from did indeed break one of the guidelines, did he not?

Transversely, if they do not like someone, male or female, they may ignore guideline offenses against that particular person for the same reason: self interest. The rules don't apply when it comes to that hooktard/ fucktard because I don't like you and you're getting what you deserve.

The ideal way for it to work is that even the most looked down on and offensive is subject to the same protection as the most liked and loved, as is everyone in between... but we all know that's not how that cake bakes, do we not? In life the sun always shines on some dog's ass, but not all.

You said the tide turned with the last mod shakeup. I disagree. In my opinion, the tide visibly turned with Whale Wars. There terms were defined (whale= fat whore) , lines were drawn (as long as I say it a certain way this is acceptable), and precedence set ( From now on I can tell a fat whore that she is a fat whore because it is now ruled not against the rules).

What are the most consistently and visibly enforced guidelines on ECCIE? Guidelines that some of us refer to as 'nuclear rules'? Those from which no matter who your pocket mod is you will not escape visible reprimand or your post be edited and you be pointed privately? (If a post is edited for breaking a guideline and the guideline is posted in that specific post by a mod, points ARE given).

Did your sudden interest in the behavior of some begin then in Whale Wars, or when you and a particular person / group no longer saw eye-to-eye? Do you now have an interest in protest because you are on the other side of the mud pit in ECCIE tug-o-war? Again, not being obtuse and NONE of this shit is personal to me, just asking...

Like the saying goes: Either get down or lay down, right? Originally Posted by Hottentot Venus

Timothy H Tebow...You asked for examples then cited them yourself...But protection really isn't protection because it isn't permanent protection and ideally everyone would be protected the same?
Would that be permanent protection or temporary? Have you been studying at the WTF school of fucktardery?
Got news for ya honey...ain't nothing permanent
.... Going to go read some other shit now...
Tl;dr...most of this thread. Can we create a new section called board politics?
. or board shenanigans