Star Wars , Bond, Moby Dick and other holiday Blockbusters

Legend is good for the most part. Tom Hard gives a terrific performance and really embodies the same but 2 different people. He is te reason to see this movie. Other the. That the story is a bit lacking and kind of all over place. It also gets a bit draggy, loses energy, and abruptly ends. But far better gangster flick then black mass and Tom Hardy is outstanding. Originally Posted by cr76
Cool... Definitely gonna check it out.

.......I saw The Good Dino today with the kiddos. It was actually really good!! Funny/Sad/ and teaches a lesson...
  • cr76
  • 11-26-2015, 05:27 AM
Cool... Definitely gonna check it out.

.......I saw The Good Dino today with the kiddos. It was actually really good!! Funny/Sad/ and teaches a lesson... Originally Posted by charcoal
A buddy of mine saw it and said that it was good, but it could have worked with out Dinos. It's Pixar, I'll get to it, may possibly see Creed today or hold off till the weekend. I've been told Hateful Eight won't play in 70mm in Houston, but I need to confirm that. Rented American Ultra and that was entertaining but not as good as a couple I know raced to me about.
  • cr76
  • 11-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Creed - first good movie of the holiday season I have seen. Stallone is excellent an the film serves descent follow up - spinoff to the rocky films with an extremely effective torch passing. Michale B Jordan is fantastic in the role and has a bright future ahead of him. He doesn't come off as arrogant or too good for the role. A health issue - stretches the film a little bit longer then you would want, but it's ok. CREED IS TERRIFIC!!!!!
  • cr76
  • 12-01-2015, 10:22 AM
From the redbox: Just saw Good Kill with Ethan Hawke - From the writer and director of Gattaca. It's about A pilot who becomes lost in his ways and morale when he is tasked with piloting a drone. Dry, but ultimately good.
  • cr76
  • 12-04-2015, 12:05 AM
just saw Krampus and it's a big let down. It's start off as a promising tale of the dark Christmas legend and has some clever satire, but ultimately becomes fomrulaic, predictable, cliched and just overall isn't that scary. Some clever creature effects and costumes appear in the film, but it can't falling into formula?
  • cr76
  • 12-06-2015, 10:16 PM

Got it Confirmed today!!!!

Qt's The Hateful Eight will play in glorious 70mm.

At the Grand Palace off of 59 by Lakewood Church.

This wil be the roadshow screening, so in addition to the Giant Screen Experience, there will be an Overture and Intermission during the film. The 70mm version will also run longer then the digital release that will come out in January.

I am excited to see this movie in 70mm it should be spectacular.
You got links to this info?
  • cr76
  • 12-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Not yet, but I confirmed ot with the managers at both locations. They said links should go up shortly. They are installing new equipment to handle the showing. Will post links when I can.
  • cr76
  • 12-11-2015, 06:09 AM
Seeing IN THE HEART OF THE SEA this weekend. Supposedly, it's brutal but I'm intrigued and I like sea monster tales. People have started lining up for Star Wars next week in LA , isn't that a bit much, with reserve seating now , this just seems pointless. One week left, trying to keep it fresh.
I'm gonna laugh if this one doesn't crack a billion either.
  • Trey
  • 12-11-2015, 12:14 PM
The first star wars by Disney should crack that with no problems. My girl is excited to see it. I won't be in that line either. The theater I go to I can buy the exact seat I want online no issues.
  • cr76
  • 12-11-2015, 01:59 PM
The first star wars by Disney should crack that with no problems. My girl is excited to see it. I won't be in that line either. The theater I go to I can buy the exact seat I want online no issues. Originally Posted by Trey
I agree, Well they say they are also doing it for charity. I have reserved seats for 10:00am.

• cr76
  • 12-13-2015, 07:07 AM
In the heart of the sea was decent for the most part, the Moby Dick stuff is excellent, but sadly, some what brief in the film. the movie loses steam after the essex is destroyed and the men are forced into the sea to survive. It then becomes a morbid version of Cast away. Despite it's flaws, the film is well made and proves to be entertaining.
I'm sure some of you know but what's up with Fox releasing Alvin & the Chipmunks against devastating competition? The Squeakquel opened up against Avatar and now another one against Star Wars. Is Fox even trying to profit or they're just going to blame piracy for poor performance?