What is the definition of the word 'may'?

P.S.-LL, the "affront to society" schtick doesn't really play on the Interwebs...just advisin'... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Some prefer not to be "common."
You should see the PM I have... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Subtle threat?
Rhetorical question/reply from Wakeup.

He wants to hold out a 'carrot' for attention or that he's in 'the know.'

C'Mon, DJ, Helen Keller could of called that one out. No threat.

He wants to hold out a 'carrot' for attention or that he's in 'the know.'

C'Mon, DJ, Helen Keller could of called that one out. No threat. Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
I know. Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and Ronnie Milsap were telling me the exact same thing.

It's very wakeup-esque of him to do this, he's done it several times before, but I just wanted to call him out to see what method of ignoring or escaping he would do.
If you ever wondered how is the Eccie pack organized...

Who scratches who's back, who thinks he's the top dog, who wants to be the top dog, which dog got a dictionary, which dog hates the dictionary users, who lives here 24/7, who wants to leave here but can't afford it etc etc...

well...here you have it.

But if you're here for just for finding info about girls and sharing some of your own info....just skip this whole thread and you won't feel sorry for being a user of this board.
Good post, LL. And thank you for your support. You and I have disagreed on occasion over the years, but I've always respected you, even when our opinions were at odds.

In an ethical organization, those in power hold themselves to a higher standard than they expect of the rank-and-file membership. They lead by example.

Anyone who claims to be an investor in the site should hold themselves to this higher ethical standard, as opposed to playing games to see how far he can bend the rules.

But that's not how things are here. And that's why I've put the most egregious offenders on ignore. I put this off for too long, but a quick review of these posters' "contributions" revealed nothing of value to me.

I scratched my head for months trying to comprehend why the powers that be would tolerate this level of disruption from those who contribute so little. Then a mod (I forget who) pointed out the amount of traffic these parasites generate, and it all made sense.

I don't agree with the philosophy, but it's not my decision to make.

DJ's topic or yours?

The former? Everything. The later? Nothing. But that's "the plan," isn't it?

Disparate rule interpretation is offensive to most fair-minded individuals. Disparate application of rules is disgusting, particularly when the leniency is applied to the "administration" of the organization, who use their "office" to assert their "superior" position in the community.

Sometimes the discriminatory behavior is called to the attention of the offending individuals who were unaware of the activities and how they were viewed with positive results, because they realized they were wrong. Other times that's just the way they want to conduct and operate their business, so they ignore the comments and continue on with their offensive behavior.

Your "comment," WU, is consistent with the later.

BP's posts, from my recollection, have always been positive contributions to the community without name-calling, insults, rebukes, and/or otherwise offensive in content. What he just posted is truth, as "painful" as you, as an "investor," may think it. It is worthy of notice and respect, unless one is participating in a policy of restricting the number of providers who may benefit from the Houston forum in furtherance of some "hidden" agenda of facilitating any value of advertising on this board in the Houston forum when coming to the Houston area to a select group of "approved" providers .....

so your frequent response, WU, is ... "Don't bother."

More rudeness. Originally Posted by LexusLover

He wants to hold out a 'carrot' for attention or that he's in 'the know.' Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
He does display a pathological need for attention and acknowledgement on a hobby board. I've been participating in on-line communities since they've existed, and I've never seen anyone expend so much effort to say so little.

If someone bought him a puppy, he'd probably disappear from here forever.
Wakeup already has a couple of old dogs
You three are tiring...
Wakeup already has a couple of old dogs Originally Posted by dearhunter
You three are tiring... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Yeah, just place those egregious offenders" on "Ignore". That way you won't have to read their rude-assed comments, and life can be all rainbows and bunnies...Great suggestion, bp!

Nah Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Well, my mistake then.

In response to your previous reasoning with regards to privacy, for the most part, this is a public domain. So, what we post here (that may result in infractions) naturally becomes everybody's business.
So, what we post here (that may result in infractions) naturally becomes everybody's business. Originally Posted by Sarunga
What is posted on here that doesn't result in infractions, when others have posted similar remarks and received them, is everyone's business.

Deterrence results from publishing the offense and the punishment. I have seen the threat of points quiet things down on threads ... and with reasonable people a verbal warning is sufficient ... but when a particular few get a pass it has little deterrence value.

It's like the bar owner getting drunk at his own bar. Kinda hard to cut off the others.
In response to your previous reasoning with regards to privacy, for the most part, this is a public domain. So, what we post here (that may result in infractions) naturally becomes everybody's business. Originally Posted by Sarunga
Is Sarunga suggesting that if someone were to post his (i.e., Sarunga's) name, address, phone number and employer here - and, consequently, be pointed and/or banned - that information would thereby be in the "public domain", and become "everybody's business"?
I have seen the threat of points quiet things down on threads ... and with reasonable people a verbal warning is sufficient ... but when a particular few get a pass it has little deterrence value.
Originally Posted by LexusLover
LL, would you care to give us a link to a post where this has happened? Keeping in mind , of course, that you have no clue if any disciplinary action took place or not. No guesses. No, I am sure he got away with its. Hard facts. Someone saying they did not get disciplined does not count. I have heard that lie from people several times.

Give me a solid link where what you said is true.