ISIS beheads American journalist, Obama goes back on vacation

• WTF
  • 08-25-2014, 12:56 PM
GWB is responsible for the turmoil in Syria?

Oh, right, it's Bush's fault... Originally Posted by boardman
GWBush is responsible for the turmoil in Iraq. ....turmoil that has emboldened rebels in Syria. You act as if the firefighters are responsible for the fire....trying to put out the Bush fires may never happen. I'm for letting it burn it self out.
  • WTF
  • 08-25-2014, 01:00 PM
, You're starting to sound like a Tea Wipe! Originally Posted by boardman
You Tea wipes are faux Tea folks. That is why I point and laugh. You seem not to have a linear view of liberty and personal freedom/ personal responsibility.

I'm way more right of you fiscally. i just know that real world does not work like a passed along e mail slogan. So i support what i deem the lesser of two evils are. Some confuse that as being liberal.
Back to ToyotaLover. The primary purpose of government is to protect its citizens from having their life, liberty or property taken from them by force or fraud. Why is that such a difficult concept?

Right now, the greatest threat to my life, liberty and property is government. I want to be protected from them. They do not have my (or your) best interests at heart.
GWBush is responsible for the turmoil in Iraq. ... Originally Posted by WTF
Reminds me of a scratched record. Over and over and over again.

Doesn't make it so. Just repeating your ignorance.
Right now, the greatest threat to my life, liberty and property is government. I want to be protected from them. They do not have my (or your) best interests at heart. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Perhaps it is time to pack your shit and move to Beautiful Downtown Damascus. I am still willing to pay for your flight!

Dipshit!!!!!!!
You Tea wipes are faux Tea folks. That is why I point and laugh. You seem not to have a linear view of liberty and personal freedom/ personal responsibility.

I'm way more right of you fiscally. i just know that real world does not work like a passed along e mail slogan. So i support what i deem the lesser of two evils are. Some confuse that as being liberal. Originally Posted by WTF

The moronic ramblings of WTF the moronic buffoon.
  • WTF
  • 08-26-2014, 06:12 AM

The moronic ramblings of WTF the moronic buffoon. Originally Posted by gnadfly
This from a dicksucker who has a picture of Rick Perry manning battle station.

"Syria 1949, 5 August: 12 killed and dozens injured in the Menarsha synagogue attack, Damascus."

and the "beating" goes on ...

From 1976 to 1982, Sunni Islamists fought the Ba'ath Party-controlled government of Syria in what has been called "long campaign of terror".[2] Islamists attacked both civilians and off-duty military personnel.

The Muslim Brotherhood was blamed for the terror by the government, although the insurgents used names such as Kata'ib Muhammad (Phalanges of Muhammad, begun in Hama in 1965 Marwan Hadid) to refer to their organization.[3]

Following Syrian occupation of Lebanon in 1976 a number of prominent Syrian officers and government servants, as well as "professional men, doctors, teachers," were assassinated. Most of the victims were Alawis, "which suggested that the assassins had targeted the community" but "no one could be sure who was behind" the killings.[4]

Among the better known victims were:
the commander of the Hama garrison, Colonel Ali Haydar, killed in October 1976
the rector of Damascus University, Dr. Muhammad al-Fadl, killed in February 1977
the commander of the missile corps, Brigadier 'Abd al Hamid Ruzzug, killed in June 1977
the doyen of Syrian dentists, Dr Ibrahim Na'ama, killed in March 1978
the director of police affairs at the Ministry of the Interior, Colonel Ahmad Khalil, killed in August 1978
Public Prosecutor 'Adil Mini of the Supreme State Security Court, killed in April 1979.
President Hafez Asad's own doctor, the neurologist Dr. Muhammad Shahada Khalil, who was killed in August 1979.[5]

These assassinations led up to the 16 June 1979 slaughter of cadets at the Aleppo Artillery School. On that day a member of school staff, Captain Ibrahim Yusuf, assembled the cadets in the dining-hall and then let in the gunmen who opened fire on the cadets. According to the official report 32 young men were killed. Unofficial sources say the "death toll was as high as 83."[6] This attack was the work of Tali'a muqatila, or Fighting Vanguard, a Sunni Islamist guerrilla group and spinoff of the Muslim Brotherhood. Adnan 'Uqla, who later became the group's leader, helped plan the massacre.[7]

The cadet massacre "marked the start of full-scale urban warfare" against Alawis, cadre of the ruling Ba'ath party, party offices, "police posts, military vehicles, barracks, factories and any other target the guerrillas could attack." In the city of Aleppo between 1979 and 1981 terrorists killed over 300 people, mainly Ba'thists and Alawis, but also a dozen Islamic clergy who had denounced the murders. Of these the most prominent was Shaykh Muhammad al-Shami, who was slain in his own mosque, the Sulaymaniya, on 2 February 1980.

On 26 June 1980, the president of Syria, Hafez al-Asad, "narrowly escaped death" when attackers threw two grenades and fired machine gun bursts at him as he waited at a diplomatic function in Damascus.[8]

On 17 June 1980, an estimated 1,152 Islamist inmates at the prison in Palmyra were massacred by the alawi-ruled government Defense companies troops. Less than a month later membership in the Muslim Brotherhood became punishable by death with a month grace period given for members to turn themselves in.

Individuals assassinated at this time include:
Salim Lawzi, publisher of al-Hawadith, in Lebanon killed by Syrian assassins in March 1980.
Riad Taha, head of the journalists' union in Beirut killed in July 1980.
Wife of guide of Muslim Brothers Isam al-'Attar, (Bayan al-Tantawi) killed in Aachen, Germany as she opened the front door to assassins in July 1980. (p. 329)
Salah al-Din al-Bitar, co-founder of the Ba'ath Party killed in Paris on 21 July 1980.

While the involvement of the Syrian government "was not proved" in these killings, it "was widely suspected."[9]

The insurgency is generally considered to have been crushed by the bloody Hama massacre of 1982, in which thousands were killed, "the vast majority innocent civilians".[10][11]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Syria#2000s

I think Bush II was trying to get in grade school .. and then later was Governor of the State of Texas after some business ventures.

That's why Little Boy should really stay on the bench. He's getting hysterical. Originally Posted by LexusLover
This is an excellent perspective and a good illustration of why the situation is too complicated for our current beloved President.
This is an excellent perspective and a good illustration of why the situation is too complicated for our current beloved President. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Golf is "too complicated for our current beloved President."

That's why he continues to practice it.
  • WTF
  • 08-26-2014, 06:46 AM
Reminds me of a scratched record. Over and over and over again.

Doesn't make it so. Just repeating your ignorance. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Old man, you're showing your age.
  • WTF
  • 08-26-2014, 06:49 AM
GWB is responsible for the turmoil in Syria?

Oh, right, it's Bush's fault... Originally Posted by boardman
This was the quote from the article you provided.

A decade and a half ago the contrast between the capabilities and structure of an organisation such as Baghdadi's and states in the Middle East would have been dramatic. Militant activity in Iraq or Syria was small scale, fleeting and mercilessly tracked by dictators.

You do not think GWB 's removal of Saddam had something to do with the immergence of ISIS Militant activity in Iraq or Syria was small scale, fleeting and mercilessly tracked by dictators.
Sure it had something to do with it but only to the point of hastening the outcome. I think that at some point Saddam would have been removed anyway or he would have eventually taken the path of Assad and we would still be at the same point.
  • WTF
  • 08-26-2014, 08:09 AM
Sure it had something to do with it but only to the point of hastening the outcome. I think that at some point Saddam would have been removed anyway or he would have eventually taken the path of Assad and we would still be at the same point. Originally Posted by boardman
I think when I do that you call it projecting.

So are you saying our efforts are fruitless? Now matter wtf we do over there , we will wind up at the same point. I could agree with that if the neocons would then leave well enough alone with that region and all others not under our flag.
I think when I do that you call it projecting.

So are you saying our efforts are fruitless? Now matter wtf we do over there , we will wind up at the same point. I could agree with that if the neocons would then leave well enough alone with that region and all others not under our flag. Originally Posted by WTF
Yeah, I admit I am projecting but it's based on Saddam's history. What? Do you really think he would have all of a sudden started playing nice at some point.

I've been saying that I don't think we can defeat a group of people who believe they will get into heaven simply by killing and dying for their faith.

The question then becomes; how do we keep them over there and not in our country killing and dying here? Do we stick our heads in the sand and pretend they don't hate us and let things find their natural conclusion as quickly as possible? Or do we do something to keep them at bay as long as possible? Perhaps until Black Jesus returns? I'm not worried about losing my head. I won't be around long enough for that but I am concerned for our future.

I am concerned that The Islamic State has real intentions of doing more harm here and we have a wide open border and the Mexican coyotes have a pretty damned good system in place for getting people and stuff into the country. For the right price they could get anything into the country they were asked to.

I think our gov't should do it's best to protect us from those threats. Waging all out war and toppling and installing new regimes is not fiscally responsible. However, I do support preemptive strikes when we know something is going down.
Perhaps it is time to pack your shit and move to Beautiful Downtown Damascus. I am still willing to pay for your flight!

I'm a Dipshit!!!!!!! Originally Posted by bigtex
Unfortunately, thanks to people like you, Damascus is slowly moving here.

Oh, and FTFY, no charge.