Boxing Fans....a thread for us..

. I have more interest in the Canelo vs Khan fight next month. I think Khan may make a better showing than expected (probably last 4 - 7 rounds may even win a couple rounds). Originally Posted by htownhammer
I totally agree. Khan can't take hits but he will last longer than expected. Maybe even a ko by Canelo in the end rounds.
Navigating boxing belt politics and drama is ridiculous. I am still confused as to the GGG situation except that there are multiple promotions and people are afraid?

Although I will say that having multiple promotions at least ensures some competition and evolution. UFC is so dominate in MMA now that it's really swung into completely molding the rules of MMA to a detrimental point....
My brain says Canelo wins by KO.

My heart says by decision.
Navigating boxing belt politics and drama is ridiculous. I am still confused as to the GGG situation except that there are multiple promotions and people are afraid?

Although I will say that having multiple promotions at least ensures some competition and evolution. UFC is so dominate in MMA now that it's really swung into completely molding the rules of MMA to a detrimental point.... Originally Posted by Liliana Vess
For some reason I thought I had responded to this earlier.

The two main reasons Triple G gets avoided is 1. The challenger will either lose or merge pretty fucked up and 2. The payday that the promo team to allow 1 to happen isn't there since Triple G hasn't sold out to anyone like Bob Arum who could bring in way more money. He's just not trying to sell his soul for a jelly roll.
Khan is supposed to be a gimme for Alvarez, no?

Well, here's to hoping that Alvarez does his mandatory defense vs GGG in the fall.
^^ Canelo V. GGG.... My cash is on GGG...
^^^^ everybody knows GGG will win
hoping that Alvarez does his mandatory defense vs GGG in the fall. Originally Posted by jbravo_123
That's not likely. Canelo's promoters will not risk their cash cow so soon. They will milk the situation as long as possible.
My brain says Canelo wins by KO.

My heart says by decision. Originally Posted by SweetDulce
Good call!
Couldn't catch the fight but I got spoiled on the results - not surprising.

Yeah, while people often criticize the UFC, one big benefit of the organization having more control on who fights who (vs the promoters) is you don't see this bs as often like how long Cotto ducked GGG, etc.

I also don't have too high hopes of Alvarez fighting GGG unless GGG gains more in popularity and draws crowds that will make the risk worth it. Sad because everyone knows he's been the true champ of the division for years now.
Canelo ko Khan cold
Couldn't catch the fight but I got spoiled on the results - not surprising.

Yeah, while people often criticize the UFC, one big benefit of the organization having more control on who fights who (vs the promoters) is you don't see this bs as often like how long Cotto ducked GGG, etc.

I also don't have too high hopes of Alvarez fighting GGG unless GGG gains more in popularity and draws crowds that will make the risk worth it. Sad because everyone knows he's been the true champ of the division for years now. Originally Posted by jbravo_123

Alvarez said "We don't fuck around and don't back down from anyone" and the crowd went wild. Khan's trainer says Alvarez and Co. need to step up and don't duck G3 and the crowd started getting mad.
Alvarez said "We don't fuck around and don't back down from anyone" and the crowd went wild. Khan's trainer says Alvarez and Co. need to step up and don't duck G3 and the crowd started getting mad. Originally Posted by Fishpie
Yeah of course Alvarez will claim he's not ducking GGG, but he's also the one who asked for a voluntary title defense first and rumors have it that his camp was pretty much trying to wreck negotiations on a fight vs GGG by demanding 95% of the pot.

I believe now he's also wanting the fight with GGG to be at a catchweight of 155 lbs (even though Middleweights are 160ish?), I guess to try and it make it tougher for GGG.

IMO, if you want to be the Middleweight champ, you should fight you know... at Middleweight.
Yea they basically want G3 to fight for free and then ask the champion to meet the challenger's demands. De La Hoya said last year at the Lemieux fight that was his first time seeing G3 and that he would set something up if he won. Well, he won and nothing happened. I don't knock any parties from trying to milk it as much as possible but I'm sure without a doubt a rematch would bring in way more money than the first fight if the first fight doesn't go to decision.
If you're serious about a fight and want to put money down, shoot me a PM.