How many of us are left from ASPD?

Been around way to long, the good ole days of ASPD, brings back great memories...
  • agab
  • 07-08-2013, 06:48 PM
I would guess about 2001. Although these days I am semi retired.
  • NYr
  • 07-08-2013, 08:41 PM
4/1/2001 for me...as NYrInTexas...after a few years, moved to Chicago and changed handle to NYr as that was what everyone called me by anyway.

As for the good old days vs the "bad days" of systems crashing all the time, if you were not around the board through until about 2006 (estimate), then you wouldn't understand/appreciate the good old days. Then the owner had medical issues and let the board run on it's own without much maintenance and taking care of it which slowly killed the board.

Another thing about the Good old days is that is was not as popular as these sites have become, it seems like everyone and everything is on here now. Back in the old days you WOULD NEVER out someone, now folks get outed just on a whim because someone's feelings got hurt. Back in the old days everyone was connected some way or another and if someone outed a person, they were shunned by the community as a whole....that does not happen any longer; now folks don't seem to give a shit and treat is as a part of the hobby life...which is wrong.

And as Tinman said, a lot of the same topics come up over and over....understandable as they are common thoughts/topics and the old timers can even tell you once a thread is started what will happen as it is ground hog day. This thread in of itself is a thread which has repeated itself (just different wording).
  • L.A.
  • 07-08-2013, 10:14 PM
I joined ASPD in the early 2000s. Don't remember how I found out about it.

I do remember that when ASPD was about to blow up, I asked Nicole Preston (a Hall of Famer - hope she's doing well in London) what other sites were good and she recommended Eccie. Been here ever since.

Bubba, good to know you're still checking in.

L.A., I still remember a time I had an appointment with Mona, the AMP legend, and when I got to her studio (not Smile) you had jumped my appointment. But she tore herself away for a minute, DFK'd the hell out of me, and sent me up to Smile to see Tiffany. Said she'd take care of me, and she did. But nobody could match Mona. Originally Posted by Bank Walker
LOL...I remember that. I always called ahead and made my appointments directly with Mona so who knows what happened. Damn...we've been around too long.....
anyone remember my famous dick shooting avatar? LOL there was a whole thread about my dick shooting a huge load in my avatar. love it!
  • R.M.
  • 07-09-2013, 06:43 AM
I miss ASPD. Very very good to me. I had a different handle.
i was there ..... seems forever ago .... i dont post near as much now ....
2002 different handle tho. those were the days....
I was on ASPD seems like a long time ago now. Don't remember when I started
  • hd
  • 07-09-2013, 09:40 AM
I was there, same handle, but took awhile before I found that eccie had started up.
Delphi forums, usenet groups, ASPD, Eccie...I've been on all of them. Still around.
Late 2004/Early 2005 for me

Epic Amp days back then
Around 2007 or so, same handle.
I was there but damned if I remember the year. . .