Cruz to Run

Yeah, but he WON'T end the fed, repeal the income tax, ......

Immigration is something that a president can do without Congress (as Obama as demonstrated). A sane immigration policy is easy = just enforce out existing laws !

Nobody's perfect. But he's not lying about his position, which is a refreshing difference. I think Gary Johnson has the same position as Paul on immigration. I will still support him for the many other areas on which we agree, and the fact I don't think he's lying about what his positions are. But ending the FED, repealing the income tax , Patriot Act, NDAA are much more important than immigration. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
He also can't or won't do away with the IRS. They take in trillions every year, who exactly does he think will take over that job? It's one of those things that is red meat to the base, but he will never be able to deliver it.
  • DSK
  • 03-25-2015, 04:15 PM
He also can't or won't do away with the IRS. They take in trillions every year, who exactly does he think will take over that job? It's one of those things that is red meat to the base, but he will never be able to deliver it. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Nor can they or should they eliminate the Fed. In fact, why shut down the printing press? It is free money!!
I would prefer for Jim Webb to get the Democratic nomination.
I would prefer for Jim Webb to get the Democratic nomination. Originally Posted by bigtex
So would I frankly but there is zero chance of that happening.

The inevitability of Hillary will probably be the undoing of the Democrats in 2016 no matter how comical and ridiculous the republican field is.....

I am mystified as to why Webb declared. My understanding was he dropped out of the senate because he doesn't like campaigning (aka "lying"). What the fuck does he think the race for POTUS will require him to do every single day of his life for the foreseeable future?
So would I frankly but there is zero chance of that happening.

The inevitability of Hillary will probably be the undoing of the Democrats in 2016 no matter how comical and ridiculous the republican field is.....

I am mystified as to why Webb declared. My understanding was he dropped out of the senate because he doesn't like campaigning (aka "lying"). What the fuck does he think the race for POTUS will require him to do every single day of his life for the foreseeable future? Originally Posted by timpage
O'Malley?
  • shanm
  • 03-25-2015, 07:31 PM
What about all of the Democrat candidates?

Oh Yeah....your stuck with only one to choose. Hillary.

I guess all you have to be is a lying sot to be a DNC candidate. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
I will not be voting for Hillary.

I hope Jim Webb or even Bernie Sanders gets the nomination. Thats the only way I am trudging my ass to the ballot box next year.
I will not be voting for Hillary.

I hope Jim Webb or even Bernie Sanders gets the nomination. Thats the only way I am trudging my ass to the ballot box next year. Originally Posted by shanm
I'll vote for Hillary if it's down to her or someone like Cruz. Can't let someone who doesn't believe in science but believes in magic skydaddy get that close to the button.
Cruz is funny made his announcement at a college named Liberty during a assembly that was mandatory.
Cruz is funny made his announcement at a college named Liberty during a assembly that was mandatory. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
This is the republican way.
  • DSK
  • 03-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Why such lukewarm support for Hillary?
Why such lukewarm support for Hillary? Originally Posted by DSK
Too old. Won't put out.
Yeah, but he WON'T end the fed, repeal the income tax, ......

Immigration is something that a president can do without Congress (as Obama as demonstrated). A sane immigration policy is easy = just enforce out existing laws ! Originally Posted by Whirlaway
No one is going to get rid of the fed or repeal the income tax. Simply not gonna happen.
I would prefer for Jim Webb to get the Democratic nomination. Originally Posted by bigtex
He'd be much better than Hillary.
Why such lukewarm support for Hillary? Originally Posted by DSK
Don't think many Dems are overly thrilled with her. I think they're hoping for someone better. She could be beat. Happened in 2008 when few thought it possible.