NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I can't believe I am pumped up over OTA's!! Looking forward to seeing if a WR will emerge and be a legitimate threat.

Interesting that Schaub will be held out for the entire OTA practice session. Smart move. Also this will benefit TJ and Case somewhat. Holding Schaub out is a little concerning however, it signals to me that he may not be ready. I'm just glad Haynesworth is no longer on the Texan's/Schaub's schedule. That MFer has jacked up our boy a couple of times.

Will Lubes(Kubes) be in trouble if we don't make the playoffs this year? I would have to say hell yes!!

Man I can't wait for the Season. Hard Knocks would have been cool as hell but I don't blame them for turning it down. You don't want to let all the other teams see all of your injury info or other details of your schemes.
From SR610
AJ is not participating in OTAs. He had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee two weeks ago and expects to be back in time for training camp.
Oh fuck, I don't like the sound of that boardman. AJ is even more valuable than Foster(only because of Tate).
This season will show if Dre is on the downside of his career. Finding a #2 R that can be a #1 was an important need in this years and for next years draft. We don't seem to have a good track record with overpaying for burned out Rs like Derrick Mason and Eric Moulds.

I still can't believe BAL took JJ.
Hopefully they get good value out of posey or Martin or one of the rookie free agent wide receivers that were signed. Late round or undrafted wide receivers becoming studs in the league seems to be a recent trend, with dre providing guidance if one of these guys is willing to put the work in they can become a solid 2 and eventual replacement for dre.
Lot's of guys have the talent...Who has this kind of heart?

http://youtu.be/3czsdAbci7E

That's the defining AJ play for me. Three defenders and he was not going to be denied the end zone.
Best. Play. Ever.

That catch.
B
This route running
E
& This beat down... That ref has more balls than I do and the flag dopping is hilarious... LOL
A
S
T

On the downside??? I don't know about that.. Hell even Trent Richardson had his knee scoped...
Have a little faith fellers... Mark my words.... The beast will be back in full force.
He's signed through 2016 and plans to retire a Texan.. I doubt he retires before that. Hell, he might even get an extension..

He will be the 1st Texan in the HOF. #80 will never be worn by another Texan..
Its not over yet. Get your popcorn ready!!

I have all the confidence in the world that Dre will return home to the Texans end zone this year!
One Eye Willy!!!! Great Fucking Post Man!!! No Snatch pics in it, but it doesn't matter as I would almost rather see the highlights of AJ you posted over snatch pictures!!

Man I can't wait!!
Brian Cushing Ranked 54 on NFL Top 100 Players of 2012

To me, the top 100 holds more weight for the players than the pro bowl. That's simply because you can have a bad year and get into the Pro Bowl on reputation alone. However, the Top 100 is voted on by players (not fans) and is strictly concerning the year. This is Chushing's first time on the board. However as the anchor in the NFL's #2 Defense, was this another snub?? I think so. I was expecting Watt or the Ninja to make it as it was announced one of the Texans Defensive players would be on tonight. The Ninja made it to Hawaii. Will he also surpass Cushing on the board? JJ Watt. Where we he end up? In away I like the lack of respect for Cushing. I think it pisses him off and motivates him. As long as the feller isn't out there headbutting 300+lb motherfuckers bear head to helmet in the process, I think we will all witness the vengeance unleashed with gratitude.

Anyone else shocked to see Mercilus wearing #59?
Does he have any clue what it means to wear that # in H-Town?
WTF?? He better live up to it!

Oh hell no this thread aint moving to page 2!!
Well fellas,looks like the MIAMI DOLPHINS have "won"the hard knocks HBO sweepstakes!!! Great show,glad its going to continue. On another note,Mike Jenkins of the dallas cowboys is being pursued by three teams...COLTS...LIONS...and EAGLES..(we are NOT trading him there).You can expect the TEXANS to jump in there too,when training camp begins. Asking price:minimum 2nd rd pick....hmmm....wonder who the odd man out is,since johnathan joseph is the1# corner.....interesting......
2nd round pick?...Meh, maybe for a 5th or 6th rounder, I'd go for it.
I agree a 2nd round pick would be too much for Jenkins.