NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I am a cowboys fan....but....Jenkins made the pro-bowl in 2009,he is still young,and was a 1st round draft pick.He is a good player. I would take a 3rd round pick,no less for him,since we are at least 3-deep in the secondary. now,if you look at the league now,it's a passing league....Green Bay...Giants...Saints...Falcon s...even the Patriots throw alot. Corners are at a premium now,and coveted,not to mention,there are NOT ALOT of good ones around. If the cowboys are smart they will wait it out and get their price. Jenkins is in a contract year,and his salary for 2012:1.1million....He has no leverage,He has to pull his panties up,and go play.If he is who he thinks he is,he'll get what Brandon Carr and Johnathan Joseph Got, 48-50million.....in free agency...if not....There's always arena league......
Who was the Cowboys other corner last year? Maybe that's who I'm trying to remember that was not very good. He was a name player that was thought to be good? Maybe I have him confused with Jenkins, Jenkins would be an upgrade over KJ.
Terrance Newman...1st Rd draft Pick in 2003,out of Kansas. 5-11,190pounds. He was an average corner for us....terrible last year. He is now signed with the cincinnati Bengals.
I mean, I like Jenkins, he can cover, no doubt, but I think I've just seen too many plays where he's tried to avoid contact. And for as much crap we give to Kareem, at least he can do that fairly well.

And if Dameco got traded for a fifth, I think that's what Jenkins should probably go for. Hopefully, on of the guys on the team can just develop into a good one.
That was the guy Mixshowdj!! Yes he did suck last year, thats who I was thinking of instead of Jenkins. Thanks for the info.

I am a Cowboys fan to a certain degree, but I hated the asshole Cowboys fans last time they were in Reliant. Some of them were true dickheads. The Texans had to change the tailgating policy because of the fucking Cowboys fans and all the fights in the parking lots after the game. Bastards cut down on the amount of snatch that can tailgate now!! For that they will never be forgiven!!

I think Romo has a little Schaub in him, not sure if he is a true winner yet or not either. I like him and would take him over Schaub anyday mainly because he can escape pressure and throw on the run and extend the play. If he quits making the dumb play and the defense improves like you know it will they should contend for the Super Bowl as well. Cowboys vs Texans in the Super Bowl!!! Wow that would be fucking awesome!!!

Don I like your logic as well, but Corners are more valuable than Linebackers because they are on the field every play and there is a bigger difference between a good CB and an average CB, vs a good LB and average LB. That being said Phily fucked us good getting Demeco for a 5th rounder.
That was the guy Mixshowdj!! Yes he did suck last year, thats who I was thinking of instead of Jenkins. Thanks for the info.

I am a Cowboys fan to a certain degree, but I hated the asshole Cowboys fans last time they were in Reliant. Some of them were true dickheads. The Texans had to change the tailgating policy because of the fucking Cowboys fans and all the fights in the parking lots after the game. Bastards cut down on the amount of snatch that can tailgate now!! For that they will never be forgiven!!

I think Romo has a little Schaub in him, not sure if he is a true winner yet or not either. I like him and would take him over Schaub anyday mainly because he can escape pressure and throw on the run and extend the play. If he quits making the dumb play and the defense improves like you know it will they should contend for the Super Bowl as well. Cowboys vs Texans in the Super Bowl!!! Wow that would be fucking awesome!!!

Don I like your logic as well, but Corners are more valuable than Linebackers because they are on the field every play and there is a bigger difference between a good CB and an average CB, vs a good LB and average LB. That being said Phily fucked us good getting Demeco for a 5th rounder. Originally Posted by Daddio
Good post Daddio. However I tend to believe LB is the most important position on D. Especially the Mike AKA the QB of the defense. If you look at the top defenses in the league , you always find a great LB. IMHO the only way to be a great D w/out a top LB is to have mult top DB's and a great line. In this league without a great line and LB calling the shots, QB's can make the best DB/CB's look like trash. Without disrupting the line and stopping the run W's are very hard to come by. Which also bring me to my unbiased opinion, THESE GOT DAMN MOTHER FUCKING PATRIOTS will return to dynasty status. Getting to the SB with the shit they got on D, and looking at what they did in the draft, I'd give them A+++. I was looking at their draft picks and I don't know how these fucks did it but they scored some big talent in every round on every pick.

Romo vs Schaub?? IDK both got talent and are under achievers thus far in their career. Both can put up big #'s and have good overall QB ratings, but both tend to fail to produce under pressure. Really its neck and neck. Romo is probably the 1st and last undrafted QB the to start for the girls, on that note he's had the better career so far. As for the Texans, I still like Schaub better cuz he knows the offense and his game was at its peak before the injury. (I tend to blame Jacoby for the game-costing INT vs OAK as he ran away from the ball while it was leaving Schaubs fingertips).

IMHO the Cowboys' future is not so great. That's simply because of the division they play in. RG3, Vick, and Manning? Fuuuuck. The only team you can mark a sure W is w/WAS. However the only thing they lack is a good QB. A lot rests on RG3. IMO you can expect Shanahan to build a good franchise rather than to transform one. Its just a matter of time. It will be interesting to see what they can do next year. . I do like Jerry speaking up though. The girls need to know the pressure is on. Its a hard fucking division to play in and it looks like it will only get worse. The time is NOW. IMO the Eagles will take the reigns nxt year but only if Vick can stop taking big hits.
I still like Schaub better cuz he knows the offense and his game was at its peak before the injury. (I tend to blame Jacoby for the game-costing INT vs OAK as he ran away from the ball while it was leaving Schaubs fingertips).
. Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
I am inclined to agree with Willy as it relates to Schaub being slightly better than Romo at this stage of their respective careers. I personally believe both are top 10 NFL Qbs but Schaub was playing at the highest level of his career prior to the freak foot injury that (for all practical purposes) brought an end to the Texans chances of being a 2012 Super Bowl participant. I do not believe that Romo has ever had a 10 game stretch that he played at the level Schaub did last season. In Romo's defense, prior to the 2011 season Schaub had not previously played at that level for a 10 game stretch either!

As for the Oakland game, I can not comment. That was the only game last season that I was unable to watch. (I forgot to set the recorder prior to me leaving the country.) Willy's observation seems plausible due to the fact that JJ has never been considered an accomplished route runner!
BT.. on that play my initial thaught was "damn Schaub once again fails to capitalize a game winning drive." But I have it recorded Hi-def and after replaying it several times, it was a broken play, Schaub was scrambling left and just before reaching the line of scrimmage, he flings it to Jacoby. Jacoby had his man shielded and a small window to make a catch. Instead, he breaks his route and curls to the back corner leaving the defender in a perfect position to make the INT. In Jacoby's defense, he would have been open as he found open space. However he left no time for Schaub to adjust his release.

Well shit I found a clip.. so who tossed the game? Schaub? Jacoby? Both?

To me looks like Jacoby was having one of his "let's toss the game" moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcOC00EaCc
BT.. on that play my initial thaught was "damn Schaub once again fails to capitalize a game winning drive." But I have it recorded Hi-def and after replaying it several times, it was a broken play, Schaub was scrambling left and just before reaching the line of scrimmage, he flings it to Jacoby. Jacoby had his man shielded and a small window to make a catch. Instead, he breaks his route and curls to the back corner leaving the defender in a perfect position to make the INT. In Jacoby's defense, he would have been open as he found open space. However he left no time for Schaub to adjust his release.

Well shit I found a clip.. so who tossed the game? Schaub? Jacoby? Both?

To me looks like Jacoby was having one of his "let's toss the game" moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNcOC00EaCc Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
I believe your description is accurate. It looked to me that JJ was not where Schaub thought he was going to be. The other thing that was apparent was that Schaub had to throw the ball. Tucking and running for the flag was not an option. The best chance for a touchdown was to throw it where he thought JJ would have the best chance to make a play. Let's give credit where credit is due. The Raiders had JJ well covered.

One additional observation comes to mind. With the receivers covered, Schaub did not have many good options available. I believe on a normal play Schaub would not have thrown into the coverage. He probably would have thrown the ball into the ground so as not to throw an interception. Obviously, Schaub had to try to make a play and his best chance was to throw where he thought JJ was going to be.

In JJ's defense, we all know that he is not a physical receiver like Dre. Even if JJ would have stayed on route, I believe Michael Huff was strong enough to at least bat the ball to the ground. If Dre would have been running the route I don't believe he breaks off and runs to the corner. Dre would have fought for position to make the play. At the very least, there would have been a 50/50 chance that Dre catches that pass.

Anytime Dre is fighting for position, I like his chances in a one on one duel against a db. Just ask Courtland Finnegan! LOL Being a physical reciever is not one of JJ's strengths and that is just one of the reasons he is no longer a Houston Texan!
Good Post One Eye, I agree to a certain extent about linebackers being very important but just this morning the Texans coaching staff was saying that they feel they upgraded by bringing in Brady James over Demeco. Can't say I agree with this line of thinking but it goes to show what teams think when they look at LB's. A guy that had been released being of equal or even slightly greater value than a pro bowler from 2 years ago? WTF. I think it just boils down to there are more quality LB's each with a different specialty vs CB's have to be very good at the most important thing.
SATIN This thread could be a book... lol
Justin Forsett? Really? Guess we have another kick returner...
Schaub? better than Romo? Thats's the funniest shit i have heard since PEEWEE herman!!!! im not even gonna put up stats to compare the two,because i'll embarass Schaub,and i got respect for him! I will say Schaub is pretty good,but if he doesn't get it done this year,and can't stay healthy,with the defense they have...Kubiak will be looking for a new quarterback......you can book that....
I agree Mixshowdj. I think it speaks loud and clear that the Schaubler hasn't been given a contract extension. Romo is a lot better than Schaub, the only thing they have in common is they haven't gotten it done yet. To think Romo couldn't run the Texans offense is ridiculous!! Romo can do a play fake better than anybody, he can roll out faster, gets rid of the ball much quicker and is much more illusvie. I would take Romo anyday over Schaub.
Post the stats...