NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

But, I doubt we will see anything other than an elite qb at #1. Great candidates this year. Who will be #1? Rogers? Brees? Brady? Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
I know who I would choose, Aaron Rodgers, with Drew Brees a close 2nd followed by Brady.
  • klutz
  • 06-21-2012, 12:18 PM
I dont wonder IF the passing record will get beaten again this year.... I just wonder how many QB's will do it with some of the badasses we got in the league.

Is it f'ing September yet?!
I know who I would choose, Aaron Rodgers, with Drew Brees a close 2nd followed by Brady. Originally Posted by bigtex
It's too bad the Packers had that slip up in the playoffs last year, Rodgers may have had the best season by a QB I've ever seen, their offense was masterful.
Fuck Green Bay and Rodgers, except on Fantasy Football Sundays

Rodgers fucked up my Steelers 7th ring
You shouldn't be mad dawg, you still have LAWRENCE MOTHERFUCKING TIMMONS on your team, that almost cancels out not having Rodgers.
One eye, you were reading my mind. I was wondering when you wuold post and bam there it is!!! Thanks buddy, that Miami blondie is hot!!

Everybody agrees it's about fucking time for the new college playoff!!! Too bad we didn't have it last year.
Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
GEEZ...US

I love you One-Eyed...in a you're the best pic poster on this thread sort of way
I really do love our players:

Anybody else think Connor Barwin looks a little bit like Kramer from Seinfeld? At least the hair does. Too Funny.
That was his nickname, wasn't it?

Anyway, Happy Birthday to Mike Vick! Greatest football game eva:

And happy belated B-day Dopey!

Vick- 32
Schaub-31
Anybody else think Connor Barwin looks a little bit like Kramer from Seinfeld?

At least the hair does. Too Funny. Originally Posted by Daddio

LOL he kind of does. He's the Captain America super soldier version of Kramer
  • Satin
  • 06-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Daddio, it was good hanging with you today bro...the snatch supply was low..,but there will be other times...

Has anyone been keeping up with ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski ("Jaws") top 30 QB countdown? He chose Dopey today as number 13. That's about right where I would put him...which is a second tier QB. I have to disagree with my man Tim Tebow as number 30...Tebow can't get any love...

Damn can't wait until training camp starts....
Daddio, it was good hanging with you today bro...the snatch supply was low..,but there will be other times...

Has anyone been keeping up with ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski ("Jaws") top 30 QB countdown? He chose Dopey today as number 13. That's about right where I would put him...which is a second tier QB. I have to disagree with my man Tim Tebow as number 30...Tebow can't get any love...

Damn can't wait until training camp starts.... Originally Posted by Satin
I wouldn't disagree with rating Schaub #13 at this point in time. Admittedly, there is still uncertainty regarding his foot. In my mind he was higher than 13 (probably 7-10) prior to breaking his foot last season. If I knew with certainty that Schaub would fully recover, I would put him back in the Top 10!
Good hanging with you today also Satin. You are a cool dude, always moving, I dig it. The snatch supply was at an all time low today.

I would argue Cam Newton and mathew Stafford are both better than dopey also. It will be interesting to see if anyone left should be ranked behind schaub, flacco maybe although he has several playooff victories so probably not. Dopey is about where he should be. I am hoping he has a monster season, he is working his ass off this offseason so he just might have a great year.
  • Satin
  • 06-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Daddio, good stuff bro...even though you and my buddy had to bail, I kept the hunt alive and just now hit the jackpot...I'll send you some video tomorrow.

Sadly, we have a lot this season riding on Dopeys foot. Being the QB, he's our most important player. I hope like hell he heals up and has a nice season since his contact is coming up. On the other hand, if he gets hurt again and TJ or Case has to come in, maybe they will surprise us and do the job.
Although I can live with number 13, in reality there are several on the list ranked higher than Dopey that I feel has way more talent and upside (example, Cam Newton) ....who wouldn't take Cam over Dopey?

The next 2 areas I'm concerned about are our offensive line and Andre's injury at WR. If we can somehow stay somewhat healthy, it's on and popping....