NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• Satin
  • 08-07-2012, 06:46 PM
Don, we'll talk tonight bro, but you won't need any cash son. The season tickets, parking, tailgating and everything is already paid for bro. You don't need to do shit but show up at the place we leave from. Your only problem is going to be waking up before 3 pm bro; we get out there pretty early.

What is everyone looking forward to seeing this Saturday for the Texans? I want to see how the offensive line works together, the rookie receivers, place-kicker competition and how our defense comes together with the new faces. LeStar Jean better step it up, he might be 5th or 6th soon.

Right now, Case is the 4th string QB behind Dopey, Yates and Beck. He is having a good camp, but needs to have a good preseason to move into #3. They probably won't keep 4 QB's....
I want to see Mercilus the young receivers and the aggrie kicker. I also want keenum to win the #3. He could become very good if given the chance. I also want to see if the d can handle Cam.
Don, we'll talk tonight bro, but you won't need any cash son. The season tickets, parking, tailgating and everything is already paid for bro. You don't need to do shit but show up at the place we leave from. Your only problem is going to be waking up before 3 pm bro; we get out there pretty early.

What is everyone looking forward to seeing this Saturday for the Texans? I want to see how the offensive line works together, the rookie receivers, place-kicker competition and how our defense comes together with the new faces. LeStar Jean better step it up, he might be 5th or 6th soon.

Right now, Case is the 4th string QB behind Dopey, Yates and Beck. He is having a good camp, but needs to have a good preseason to move into #3. They probably won't keep 4 QB's.... Originally Posted by Satin
Are you serious lol? Man, I'm so used to waking up at around 2 PM and watching the game on my DVR, after fast forwarding through the commercials and halftime I usually finish the game right around the actual time it ends in real time. But shieeeeeet, I've always wanted to try out the whole tailgating experience, but I just don't think I could go alone, the traffic, potentially driving home drunk....I wouldn't like my chances lol . But I'm planning to (Hopefully) move closer to Houston as soon as next summer. If that happens, I could finally start going to Texans/Rockets/Stros games.

But as far as camp goes, I'll be looking out for that Lamborghini Mercy

Hard Knocks was also fun, good to see Chad Johnson being Chad Johnson.
  • Satin
  • 08-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Don, you're worrying and thinking too much man, just relax and have some fun dude, damn. Well I'll have another spot this year for some games since someone from last year looks to be dropping out....

Got a text today Cushing missed practice today after a night in the hospital with an illness. When is it gonna end?

I'm concerned our offense can't seem to score on our defense in the red zone in practice. Dopey is being himself and already throwing picks.... The good news is our D is looking good....Joseph is locking guys up and our D line is causing chaos....
New season, New thread. First game of the pre-season is history. Rest of the schedule:

Staff Edit: Threads Merged...DED
watched the entire Panthers game not too long ago. random notes:

Keshawn Martin looked great, probably our second best WR.

Joe Adams,could be a Fucking beast, was great in college, had a great return as well tonight. Carolina got a good player there..

John Beck was alright, but really un-inspiring if you ask me. I'd rather just have Keenum as the third 3rd string guy, if worst case scenario happens (again) and the Texans need to go to the 3rd stringer this season, I'd rather just call up Jeff Garcia or Jake Dellhomme, rather than see Beck or Keenum.

Refs had some pretty bad moments, really want to see the regular refs come back.

Schaub went 3-6 with a INT, Foster had one carry that resulted in a Fumble, not that great of a start.

Jonathan Grimes looked good. Justin Forsett might be the best third string RB in the league...

Lamborghini Mercy and Keshawn Martin looked good.
watched the entire Panthers game not too long ago. random notes:

Keshawn Martin looked great, probably our second best WR.

Joe Adams,could be a Fucking beast, was great in college, had a great return as well tonight. Carolina got a good player there..

John Beck was alright, but really un-inspiring if you ask me. I'd rather just have Keenum as the third 3rd string guy, if worst case scenario happens (again) and the Texans need to go to the 3rd stringer this season, I'd rather just call up Jeff Garcia or Jake Dellhomme, rather than see Beck or Keenum.

Refs had some pretty bad moments, really want to see the regular refs come back.

Schaub went 3-6 with a INT, Foster had one carry that resulted in a Fumble, not that great of a start.

Jonathan Grimes looked good. Justin Forsett might be the best third string RB in the league...

Lamborghini Mercy and Keshawn Martin looked good. Originally Posted by TheDon
Excellent observations Don. The only thing I might add would be that going into the 2nd preseason game the Texans D is running on more cylinders than the Offense.
  • Satin
  • 08-12-2012, 04:13 PM
There were a lot of positives last night....OL and defense looked great. Dopey had a pick and Foster fumbled....never wanna see that.

I was happy to see Mercilus get a sack. I was also really happy to see the smallest man on the field... Trindon Holliday take one to the house...
  • Trey
  • 08-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Having a return man will help us out saw some wr that may be very useful during the season. But Mr Luck was looking pretty darn good that easy walk through the division may be more hard pressed then we thought. But its only one game, right.
Hard Knocks just got a hell of a lot less interesting, Chad Johnson has been cut :/
I was happy to see Mercilus get a sack. I was also really happy to see the smallest man on the field... Trindon Holliday take one to the house... Originally Posted by Satin
Damn, we agreed not once but twice!
  • Satin
  • 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM
BT, I think by now you should realize fundamentally we agree on the same things on football. We just have a couple items we are at polar opposites on. But I feel sooner or later you will come around, so I'll be patient....lol

There a lot to talk about from Saturday. When I get time, I wil....
But I feel sooner or later you will come around, so I'll be patient. Originally Posted by Satin
Don't hold your breath!
Zebras don't change their stripes, Dopey looked liked Dopey, sloooow with the reads, slow footed, slow delivery and SURPRISED when the rush came!!! Looked decent at times but same old same old IMO.

The peeps I were watching with noticed how much quicker and faster TJ was, faster ain't always better but it helps.

D looked real good considering no Watt and no Cushing. Although Carolina was pretty vanilla.
  • Satin
  • 08-12-2012, 11:32 PM
What about our 2 new backs...Forsett & Grimes? Thought they both looked good.

That CB Alan Ball looked a lot like KJ, dumbass just can't seem to locate the ball...

I'm pulling for Case. Still can't understand why he's not given a fighting chance, makes no sense. How tall is Drew Breese? Exactly....

Jonathan Joseph is a beast. Our nose guy - Cody - got hurt. I can't wait until Cush and JJ Watt get back. With Mercilus in the mix, I would not be shocked If we're in the top 3 in sacks. It will be hard to double team anyone in this system....

Come on Posey, get in the game bro. Jean & Martin looks to be the winners...