Perpetual Weight Loss Thread

So I’ve lost a substantial amount of weight, over 10% of my starting body weight (probably I will make a more detailed post about how later). Wanted to share some NSVs though (Non Scale Victories):

Had to buy new belts
Lots of aches and pains have gone away or are greatly reduced
Down 2 shirt sizes and one pants size
Most importantly - after literally decades on hypertension medication, my blood pressure is nearly always in “normal” range without any meds to control it.

I read a quote a few months ago that profoundly changed my outlook on weight loss:

“You don’t lose weight to get healthy. You get healthy to lose weight.”

Not sure if that will seem as profound to others as it did to me, but it caused me to go educate myself on what I was doing to make myself unhealthy, causing excess weight to be one of the symptoms of unhealthiness. I’m not nearly done with the journey yet, but quite pleased with the results so far.
I am so proud of you, Spanky! You’ve accomplished quite a lot. And those fasts you go on… You have more willpower than anyone I’ve ever met. That’s amazing about not needing your blood pressure medication, also! Keep up the good work!
I am so proud of you, Spanky! You’ve accomplished quite a lot. And those fasts you go on… You have more willpower than anyone I’ve ever met. That’s amazing about not needing your blood pressure medication, also! Keep up the good work! Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Thank you!

Once I post what I'm doing, I expect a lot of people will tell me I'm going to die (just like in real life, lol). But it's working and making a real difference in my health. As you mentioned, it's not the easiest thing in the world to do. But I believe that when someone finds their proper motivation, as I think I have, even things that seem insurmountable somehow become easier. Not easy by any means, but easier.
So I’ve lost a substantial amount of weight, over 10% of my starting body weight (probably I will make a more detailed post about how later). Wanted to share some NSVs though (Non Scale Victories):

Had to buy new belts
Lots of aches and pains have gone away or are greatly reduced
Down 2 shirt sizes and one pants size
Most importantly - after literally decades on hypertension medication, my blood pressure is nearly always in “normal” range without any meds to control it.

I read a quote a few months ago that profoundly changed my outlook on weight loss:

“You don’t lose weight to get healthy. You get healthy to lose weight.”

Not sure if that will seem as profound to others as it did to me, but it caused me to go educate myself on what I was doing to make myself unhealthy, causing excess weight to be one of the symptoms of unhealthiness. I’m not nearly done with the journey yet, but quite pleased with the results so far. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
That’s seriously awesome!!! I’m rooting for you and hope you achieve your goals! Don’t stop and just keep going!
That’s seriously awesome!!! I’m rooting for you and hope you achieve your goals! Don’t stop and just keep going! Originally Posted by Parttimehobbyist

Thanks PTH. I am absolutely committed to keeping it going. Started another one of my crazy fasts just today, in fact.
My new Stairmaster is finally here!
Attached Images File Type: jpeg 0719F8D2-C2AB-498B-A5FC-D9A73C428A25.jpeg (926.4 KB, 167 views)
My new Stairmaster is finally here! Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
This reminds me of that Greek King (might be a God) who punished by having to roll a boulder up a mountain only to have it roll back down again as it neared the top. Can't think of his name off the top of my head.
Does this help? One of my ATF bands before "PC" left:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKr91Ol3HwQ
This reminds me of that Greek King (might be a God) who punished by having to roll a boulder up a mountain only to have it roll back down again as it neared the top. Can't think of his name off the top of my head. Originally Posted by m.x.oz

Sisyphus, a king.

Yeah it does seem a bit like that!
I put on a few pounds during quarantine, cooking and eating for entertainment. I’m sure we all did! So I thought it would be a good time to revisit this thread.

I’ve been back on keto about a month, and I’m a size 4 now!

I love the fact that it doesn’t even feel like a diet. Bacon, cheese, eggs, sour cream... all kinds of amazing food. I don’t feel deprived at all.

Just took this tonight! Working on toning now, with my weight vest and stairmaster. I’ll post progress!
Attached Images File Type: jpeg 8761B7DB-277D-4DAE-91D0-22B113940176.jpeg (380.7 KB, 87 views)
Looking good
Looking good Originally Posted by drive10
Thank you, hon! Here’s another from last night.
Attached Images File Type: jpeg 9CA8FF58-C3AD-4022-87C5-AC45A05C8B86.jpeg (174.0 KB, 40 views)
Talking about weight loss! I saw the recent pictures of Danielle Reed on Tryst.
Thank you, hon! Here’s another from last night. Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Looking great Gingy! Keep it up and don’t stop 💪
My issue is im a big junk food junkie! and its so hard to give up the junk.. sometimes i wont even realize im eating junk until i already ate most of it! im going to try again