Real Time Debate Night Commentary Thread!

other than lying for 60 minutes with the complicit help of ABC what exactly did Harris say that will fix the mess Biden and Harris caused?

be specific please
inquiring voters want to know!

Democracy depends on it!

bahahaaaaaa Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
"I have concepts of a plan!" -Trump
Don’t forget that his excuse for not having a plan to repeal and replace ACA was “I’m not president.” Another admission of defeat in 2020.
Her saying that they want another debate and actually having another debate are two totally separate things. Everyone that wins claims they can’t wait to prove it again but rarely do they ever really try to have a rematch. We both know that’s the gamesmanship part. She’s got nothing to gain by giving Trump a chance to look less crazy and less Trump in a second debate. The NBC debate was set for 2 weeks from now. It ain’t happening and I suspect it won’t happen in October either since both sides will find any reasonable rationale to disagree to it. If you really believe that she wants to give up 2 weeks of campaigning to prepare for and participate in a debate when she could be having well attended rallies and following up on her victory last night, you’ve got a lot to learn about politics.

Yes Timy, her camp says “let’s debate again.” What they mean though is - well throw that out there so Trump spins his wheels again but we’re not gonna do it. Trump says he won and doesn’t think he’ll debate again. On Fox last night and today he said “I won, I don’t think I want another debate”. Then she gets to say “I am not running from him and offered a debate”. Originally Posted by 1blackman1
Some politically savvy poster suggested that Kamala would continue to taunt Trump with “let’s debate again”

Here ya go.

Vice President Kamala Harris on Saturday accepted an invitation from CNN to debate former President Donald Trump on October 23, challenging her rival to another engagement on a public stage in the final weeks of the campaign.

“Vice President Harris is ready for another opportunity to share a stage with Donald Trump,” campaign chair Jen O’Malley Dillon said in a statement. “Donald Trump should have no problem agreeing to this debate.”

Harris tweeted Saturday that she “will gladly accept a second presidential debate” and that she hopes Trump “will join” her on October 23.

The debate would mirror the first 2024 presidential debate in June between Trump and President Joe Biden, taking place at CNN’s studios in Atlanta, according to the network.

Trump suggested last week that he might be open to participating in a third presidential debate following his September 10 face-off with Harris hosted by ABC in Philadelphia. “Maybe if I got in the right mood,” he told reporters during a stop in California, after previously posting on Truth Social, “THERE WILL BE NO THIRD DEBATE!”