Hardly Anyone At The Hospital. Where's this National Emergency?

L-17 - I strenuously disagree with your stand on vaccines.

Hwever, your post above is spot on correct!
LSM perverted a recommendation for study of the drug - and try to blame trump with inflammatory rhetoric as a "murderer" - for two idiots who poisoned themselves.
Typical LSM. Originally Posted by oeb11
Vaccines may not be the answer alone to halting disease spread. First of all viruses and other pathogens are everywhere. We come in contact with them every day. Some people will get sick from them, others won't. No vaccine is 100% safe or effective not even close.
And you do? NY is far in away the hardest hit State in the country. He wasn’t talking about them, he was talking about Texas. NY has over 30,000 cases, the next closest is NJ with 2500 cases. It falls off drastically from there. So, in most parts of the country, hospitals aren’t crushed. They’re not in Pittsburgh. Originally Posted by bambino
Our hospitals in Texas are actually below capacity right now - elective cases are all cancelled.

So, that problem Yssup Rider caught from other faggots will just have to wait to be fixed.
why dont you go visit new york city and see how long the lines are

good post, you sound real educated Originally Posted by Missburger
Why don't you? And report back? With pics preferably.

You sound short-sighted. And pessimistic. And panicky.

Calm down. It'll be over soon enough.

You'll survive. They have that medical ship on its way to NYC.

Ventilators arriving, medical supplies, etc.

This is NOT polio. The vast majority of people who survive won't be crippled.

Let's let the economy not be crippled by it either.
Bring up anything that implies we can learn anything from another country's experience and you're going to get laughed out of here. You've got to deny reality and totally ignore what's happening in the world outside of the USA if you want to fit in here Frankie. Btw, New York City isn't part of the USA. Originally Posted by Tiny
Please.

People are simply skeptical of some of these numbers, especially China's. Do you trust China's numbers?

Also people are trying to compare apples to oranges as far as different countries medical capabilities and cultural behavior. That has flaws.

As far as NYC, I'm concerned about mainly about Texas. We can't treat all of the US the same. Some communities are going to suffer more than others. Shouldn't make allowances for that? Do you think NYers are concerned about Texas?

Also, yeah, Government leaders don't give a shit about you or me. As to vaccines, if you wouldn't trust a vaccine that's rushed out quickly like I was advocating, fair enough, you could be right and the FDA and many physicians would agree with you. If you just don't like vaccines that's another thing, they've saved hundreds of millions of lives. Originally Posted by Tiny
Vaccines may be a long way off. Right now tests and treatments are the major concern. Why try to drag anti-vaxxers into this?
  • oeb11
  • 03-25-2020, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=Levianon17;1062003244]Some vaccines have eradicated disease such as Polio and that's even debatable. Some vaccines have even ruined lives. It's really a chance you're taking especially with a new vaccine and a new virus. It takes a long time to perfect a vaccine for safety and effectiveness. We are a drug happy society. Drug Companies want to make money so they rush to put something out there. People have a perverted attitude about vaccines. They think if people don't get a flu shot they are a social threat to those that do. A long time question within Public Health and Epidemiology is "Within any given population or group why does one person get sick and another doesn't" even considering all members of the group are subjected to the same or similar conditions. In 2018 in the United states alone 61,000 people lost their lives to the Flu and we have a vaccine for it. Now, I have no information to how many took the Flu shot and how many didn't among the number of deceased, but you can bet it's both. I didn't take the Flu shot that year and I traveled to Chicago. I went from a state that was about forty degrees warmer than Illinois and I didn't get sick and I was 60 years old. In 2018 in the United states alone 61,000 people lost their lives to the Flu and we have a vaccine for it. Now, I have no information to how many took the Flu shot and how many didn't among the number of deceased, but you can bet it's both. So with this Covid-19 we don't know what it's going to do or how many more will become ill or die. What we are doing right now with Social Distancing we have nothing to compare it to in terms of reducing the spread. But we are doing something different and at best it's just psychological.

Response -

Polio (infectious poliomyelitis) - the beginning of vaccines and public health was the Salk and Sabin vaccinies - and polio has been mostly controlled in the world Except in some primitive, Islamic-controlled areas ini Pakistan and Afghanistan where vaccines are called a Western plot to destroy islam by their leaders. Polio is still endemic in those areas due to political issues. It could have been wiped out on the earth - unfortunately -the ignorance and primitivism prevented that. These areas are still a risk factor to advanced Western areas - as the cohort of un-vaccinated individuals are at risk to exposure to Ones exposed to the virus- and importing it into the US and other areas and exposing and infecting individuals at risk for infection.
Small pox has been effectively wiped of the Earth - by vaccination and her immunity. The only small pox specimens left are in the control of the US and Russia. Purportedly to keep samples to reformuulate vaccine if that became necessary. There are rumors of some other authoritarian regimes with samples reserved for biologic warfare. Unconfirmed - naturally!
At this time - thanks to vaccines - smallpox is eradicated from the planet - effectively.

Vaccines are very rarely the cause of severe injury to a patient. The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is a Federal program to compensate the very rare victims of severe vaccine injury .

https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html

Mercury in vaccines - no vaccine developed since 19999 has any thimerosol or mercury. Those still containing it have minute amounts. Some vaccines have non-mercury formulations available.

It does take a long time for traditional vaccines to be proven to be "safe and efficacious" - with US trials only accepted by the FDA. I would remind the readership tht thalidomide - which caused extremity deformities in fetus of pregnant women - was never released for use in the US due to study concerns. The FDA prevented that happening i the US, as it did ini Europe.

Companies are trying to fast track studies for a vaccine for coronavirus -19 - there are many issues to be met - among them the virus mutability and difficulty of an effective vaccine.

The Influenza virus vaccines are formulated yearly toward to predicted nature of the virus for the oncoming season - and sometimes the vaccine formulation is less effective. Average is about 50% in preventing disease, and those who do get influenza a after vaccination tend strongly to have less severe disease. Severe reactions and injuries from flu vaccine are very uncommon.

"A long time question within Public Health and Epidemiology is "Within any given population or group why does one person get sick and another doesn't" even considering all members of the group are subjected to the same or similar conditions. " - The question quoted is incorrect - the question is - perhaps best stated by the core mission statement of the US Public health Association :

Vision

Create the healthiest nation in one generation
Mission

Improve the health of the public and achieve equity in health status
What we do

The American Public Health Association works to advance the health of all people and all communities. As the nation’s leading public health organization, APHA strengthens the impact of public health professionals and provides a science-based voice in policy debates too often driven by emotion, ideology or financial interests. APHA is at the forefront of efforts to advance prevention, reduce health disparities and promote wellness.

Public health is about the population as a whole or in great numbers - not individual care of patients. In general!

As for the statement regarding :"In 2018 in the United states alone 61,000 people lost their lives to the Flu and we have a vaccine for it. Now, I have no information to how many took the Flu shot and how many didn't among the number of deceased, but you can bet it's both."
It is admitted you have no information - it is just speculation on your part. Other than the number of fatalities for 2018 for Influenza virus - I have not checked the number - but it is about right IMHO. Many of those deaths are elderly or those with underlying diseases. Vaccines are not perfect - and no medical therapeutic regimen is ever perfect - as humans are not perfect. As presented previously - the efficacy of the vaccine for Influenza in preventing disease is about 50% .

So with this Covid-19 we don't know what it's going to do or how many more will become ill or die. What we are doing right now with Social Distancing we have nothing to compare it to in terms of reducing the spread. But we are doing something different and at best it's just psychological.

You have a valid point - IMHO - the Wuhan virus is outside the box in America and the world. A virus like this whichis very infectious is likely alrady 2 levels ahead of containment efforts - and they are likely to be of little efficacy when public institutions like the Post office, supermakets, restaurant delivery, and other ways of human interaction are open- and potentially spreading the virus on surfaces and potential airborne. By people who do not know they are infected, or are minimally symptomatic
I think the quarantine is going about it the wrong way - we should be making stringent efforts to protect people at risk of severe disease - elderly and with underlying diseaes, - and let it run through the population and end - just as Influenza does yearly - without destroying our economy. Likely the Wuhan virus has a similar - or less - mortality profile than Influenza a virus. See article by John Ioaniddis - in a thread on this forum.

L-17 - you are entitled to your opinion - however, i think you are reading the Anti-vaxxer propaganda - just like the Fascist DPST propaganda - and it has no scientific or medical basis.
You have a valid point - IMHO - the Wuhan virus is outside the box in America and the world. A virus like this whichis very infectious is likely alrady 2 levels ahead of containment efforts - and they are likely to be of little efficacy when public institutions like the Post office, supermakets, restaurant delivery, and other ways of human interaction are open- and potentially spreading the virus on surfaces and potential airborne. By people who do not know they are infected, or are minimally symptomatic
I think the quarantine is going about it the wrong way - we should be making stringent efforts to protect people at risk of severe disease - elderly and with underlying diseaes, - and let it run through the population and end - just as Influenza does yearly - without destroying our economy. Likely the Wuhan virus has a similar - or less - mortality profile than Influenza a virus. See article by John Ioaniddis - in a thread on this forum.

. Originally Posted by oeb11
This
  • oeb11
  • 03-25-2020, 10:55 AM
Vaccines may not be the answer alone to halting disease spread. First of all viruses and other pathogens are everywhere. We come in contact with them every day. Some people will get sick from them, others won't. No vaccine is 100% safe or effective not even close. Originally Posted by Levianon17

There is truth here - Vaccines are extremely safe in the US - with extremely rare severe complication - likely on the level of one in tens to hundreds of thousands of patients.

Effective - some are more effective in preventing diseae than others. In viruses that do not mutate rapidly - like Poliomyelitis - the vaccines are extremely effective in preventing diseae - both in immunized patients - and in the general population due to a concept called"herd immunity" - when enough people are vaccinated to prevent the disease - it does not spread and infect unvaccinated people in that community.

Bottom line - the safety and efficacy of a vaccine must clearly exceed by a huge factor the morbidity and mortality of the disease to be controlled.

We have forgotten the cost in lives and cripplingof the diseases like polio, typhoid fever, measles, mumps, and diphtheria. These diseases were common fatal before public health measures and vaccines. They are now looked upon by many of the public as "harmless" - and the diseases are far from harmless. They each have their own morbidities and mortality rate.

It is clear in studies of public health - that the complications of vaccines in the US clearly are minute compared to the control of morbidity and mortality caused by the diseases vaccinated against.
[QUOTE=oeb11;1062003619]
Some vaccines have eradicated disease such as Polio and that's even debatable. Some vaccines have even ruined lives. It's really a chance you're taking especially with a new vaccine and a new virus. It takes a long time to perfect a vaccine for safety and effectiveness. We are a drug happy society. Drug Companies want to make money so they rush to put something out there. People have a perverted attitude about vaccines. They think if people don't get a flu shot they are a social threat to those that do. A long time question within Public Health and Epidemiology is "Within any given population or group why does one person get sick and another doesn't" even considering all members of the group are subjected to the same or similar conditions. In 2018 in the United states alone 61,000 people lost their lives to the Flu and we have a vaccine for it. Now, I have no information to how many took the Flu shot and how many didn't among the number of deceased, but you can bet it's both. I didn't take the Flu shot that year and I traveled to Chicago. I went from a state that was about forty degrees warmer than Illinois and I didn't get sick and I was 60 years old. In 2018 in the United states alone 61,000 people lost their lives to the Flu and we have a vaccine for it. Now, I have no information to how many took the Flu shot and how many didn't among the number of deceased, but you can bet it's both. So with this Covid-19 we don't know what it's going to do or how many more will become ill or die. What we are doing right now with Social Distancing we have nothing to compare it to in terms of reducing the spread. But we are doing something different and at best it's just psychological.

Response -

Polio (infectious poliomyelitis) - the beginning of vaccines and public health was the Salk and Sabin vaccinies - and polio has been mostly controlled in the world Except in some primitive, Islamic-controlled areas ini Pakistan and Afghanistan where vaccines are called a Western plot to destroy islam by their leaders. Polio is still endemic in those areas due to political issues. It could have been wiped out on the earth - unfortunately -the ignorance and primitivism prevented that. These areas are still a risk factor to advanced Western areas - as the cohort of un-vaccinated individuals are at risk to exposure to Ones exposed to the virus- and importing it into the US and other areas and exposing and infecting individuals at risk for infection.
Small pox has been effectively wiped of the Earth - by vaccination and her immunity. The only small pox specimens left are in the control of the US and Russia. Purportedly to keep samples to reformuulate vaccine if that became necessary. There are rumors of some other authoritarian regimes with samples reserved for biologic warfare. Unconfirmed - naturally!
At this time - thanks to vaccines - smallpox is eradicated from the planet - effectively.

Vaccines are very rarely the cause of severe injury to a patient. The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program is a Federal program to compensate the very rare victims of severe vaccine injury .

https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html

Mercury in vaccines - no vaccine developed since 19999 has any thimerosol or mercury. Those still containing it have minute amounts. Some vaccines have non-mercury formulations available.

It does take a long time for traditional vaccines to be proven to be "safe and efficacious" - with US trials only accepted by the FDA. I would remind the readership tht thalidomide - which caused extremity deformities in fetus of pregnant women - was never released for use in the US due to study concerns. The FDA prevented that happening i the US, as it did ini Europe.

Companies are trying to fast track studies for a vaccine for coronavirus -19 - there are many issues to be met - among them the virus mutability and difficulty of an effective vaccine.

The Influenza virus vaccines are formulated yearly toward to predicted nature of the virus for the oncoming season - and sometimes the vaccine formulation is less effective. Average is about 50% in preventing disease, and those who do get influenza a after vaccination tend strongly to have less severe disease. Severe reactions and injuries from flu vaccine are very uncommon.

"A long time question within Public Health and Epidemiology is "Within any given population or group why does one person get sick and another doesn't" even considering all members of the group are subjected to the same or similar conditions. " - The question quoted is incorrect - the question is - perhaps best stated by the core mission statement of the US Public health Association :

Vision

Create the healthiest nation in one generation
Mission

Improve the health of the public and achieve equity in health status
What we do

The American Public Health Association works to advance the health of all people and all communities. As the nation’s leading public health organization, APHA strengthens the impact of public health professionals and provides a science-based voice in policy debates too often driven by emotion, ideology or financial interests. APHA is at the forefront of efforts to advance prevention, reduce health disparities and promote wellness.

Public health is about the population as a whole or in great numbers - not individual care of patients. In general!

As for the statement regarding :"In 2018 in the United states alone 61,000 people lost their lives to the Flu and we have a vaccine for it. Now, I have no information to how many took the Flu shot and how many didn't among the number of deceased, but you can bet it's both."
It is admitted you have no information - it is just speculation on your part. Other than the number of fatalities for 2018 for Influenza virus - I have not checked the number - but it is about right IMHO. Many of those deaths are elderly or those with underlying diseases. Vaccines are not perfect - and no medical therapeutic regimen is ever perfect - as humans are not perfect. As presented previously - the efficacy of the vaccine for Influenza in preventing disease is about 50% .

So with this Covid-19 we don't know what it's going to do or how many more will become ill or die. What we are doing right now with Social Distancing we have nothing to compare it to in terms of reducing the spread. But we are doing something different and at best it's just psychological.

L-17 - you are entitled to your opinion - however, i think you are reading the Anti-vaxxer propaganda - just like the Fascist DPST propaganda - and it has no scientific or medical basis. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I am not an Antivaxxer. People can do what ever they want. I don't bash them for it. I am not in the habit of taking vaccines. If I catch the Flu so be it. It's not something I look forward to, but the Flu is not the worse thing that can happen to you. So how do I know a regular Flu shot doesn't set me up for something more serious years down the road like Cancer, MS, Alzheimer's ect. I don't know what's in the Flu vaccine. I have no idea how my body will react from the shot since it has to be changed along with the mutation of the virus.
  • oeb11
  • 03-25-2020, 11:31 AM
influenza vaccines have been in use since the early 1970's. I am aware of no reports of these or other vaccines causing the diseases referre to.

Indeed - the fake report correllating Autism and vaccines - which has been carefully studied and debunked - it is clear autism is not related to vaccines.

The flu vaccine not being One that refusal is a major public health issue for schools - i support your right to not get a flu vaccine.

The chance of One developing any of those diseases caused by Influenza or other vaccines - is extremely remote. You are more likely to killed by a lightning strike stepping outside your home - IMHO
I do hope that does not happen.
Thank you for your respectful debate.
Did yous fucking idiots just cut and paste the content of a whole fucking webpage?

That’s just plain beautiful.

How many times are you gonna post that same Wakefield -inspired article, you fucking poseurs?

Maybe there’s money from the new socialist US of Eh to help yous figure it oot!

SMFH
Did yous fucking idiots just cut and paste the content of a whole fucking webpage?

How many times are you gonna post that same Wakefield -inspired article, you fucking poseurs?

SMFH Originally Posted by HoeHummer
And how many useless posts are you going to post. If you added up all your handles, you would have the most posts on Eccie. Most of them useless, you stupid pig.
influenza vaccines have been in use since the early 1970's. I am aware of no reports of these or other vaccines causing the diseases referre to.

Indeed - the fake report correllating Autism and vaccines - which has been carefully studied and debunked - it is clear autism is not related to vaccines.

The flu vaccine not being One that refusal is a major public health issue for schools - i support your right to not get a flu vaccine.

The chance of One developing any of those diseases caused by Influenza or other vaccines - is extremely remote. You are more likely to killed by a lightning strike stepping outside your home - IMHO
I do hope that does not happen.
Thank you for your respectful debate. Originally Posted by oeb11
My main reason for not taking the Flu shot, I seldom get sick and if i do the symptoms are rather mild and doesn't last long. That may change as I age. It seems as time goes on there is a vaccine for another ailment. Flu Vaccines have been around for a long time but there is Shingles vaccine, I am sure they will have a Coronavirus vaccine soon. Pretty soon people will be taking two and three different vaccines every year. Walgreens will have a Vaccine Bar where you can get all your yearly vaccine with a sign posted "Better Living Through Chemistry", lol.
  • oeb11
  • 03-25-2020, 12:32 PM
Walgreen's will likely not. Still - I got the shingles vaccine - am of that age.

shingles is painful and debilitating - and worth preventing.
Glad i got the shingles vaccine!
Why don't you? And report back? With pics preferably.

You sound short-sighted. And pessimistic. And panicky.

Calm down. It'll be over soon enough.

You'll survive. They have that medical ship on its way to NYC.

Ventilators arriving, medical supplies, etc.

This is NOT polio. The vast majority of people who survive won't be crippled.

Let's let the economy not be crippled by it either. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Amen!

SMFH Originally Posted by HoeHummer
You are an unfathomably stupid, fat and frail pig!