This is my reality. Not what Tiny Gambino wants you to think of me.

Did she tell them when she was going to do it? Like, "Hey, im gonna go outside in the parking lot and shoot myself." Or just did she say it a lot before she finally did it?

My point is, when someone is truly suicidal they tend not to tell an anyone. I have some personal experience with suicide myself.

There's always exceptions to the rule. Just like guys don't typically die during sessions, but it has happened. Doesn't make it the norm.
Humbug
I hope Kitty can stay off the threads and just work her business. I hate to hear of anyone wanting or considering hurting themselves. Even if it's for attention or sympathy. It's not 100% that if you talk about it, you won't do it unfortunately. This was kinda comical in the beginning, but now it's not funny... It's concerning and sad to me now. "Sigh"

But people get tired of those that are always crying wolf! Get it together girl! The sun always comes back up! It's a new day to get your hustle on!
Not to belittle the OPs emotions, but it's been my experience that people who really want to kill themselves don't tell anyone because they don't want anyone to stop them. Originally Posted by THN
Nor do teams come back from a 3-1 deficit in the NBA finals.

Kitty's not the only one - Tony G can't help himself, either. Originally Posted by chicagoboy
Fixed it myself.
I remember advising Kitty to go to the nearest ER a few years ago when she last talked of hurting herself.

Again, she will be fine.
Well, as long as she is fine, that's what matters.

If you're reading this Kitty, best wishes and I hope things turn around for you soon.
Are there no poor houses?
I disagree. My friend told people all the time she wanted to kill herself and she ended up shooting herself in a bar parking lot so no one was surprised when it happen.

I think it is a case by case thing.

At any rate, I hope she is okay. Originally Posted by Kayleehotchick
Ich liebe Geschichten, die ein glückliches ende haben. Erzähl es nochmal
[I love stories that have a happy ending. Tell it again]
Ich liebe Geschichten, die ein glückliches ende haben. Erzähl es nochmal
[I love stories that have a happy ending. Tell it again] Originally Posted by Dorian Gray
Smarty Pants much? LOL

You do realize that I'm gonna be black balled for laughing at your quirky humor, but what the hey, I seem to stay on that list anyway. LOL

Calm down folks....I'm not some "evil Nazi" sympathizer. I can't help it if you don't see what I see. Tilt your head, hop on one foot, do the hokie pokie or the chicken dance or something, then look closer. sigh

My regards to Miss Kitty if anyone is visiting soon.
Ok, lets suppose for a minute that it was a real threat....

No amount of sympathy or support from anyone on this board will help her. If she really wants to kill herself then she needs to go inpatient for a few days at a mental health facility and get proper acute care followed up with a long term treatment plan.

And she knows this.

If there's some demon of your own that needs feeding by playing the rescuer in situations like these then by all means, have at it. But don't try and pretend it's anything more than a game two people like to play with each other.
So, let me get this straight. Threats of suicide are a manipulative game? Anyone with compassion for those in pain are also experiencing some kind of mental anguish? I'm not being snarky, but that's the way I am interpreting what you have stated here.

I do agree, she needs to take a different approach, but I would not recommend inpatient or out patient care. Do you have any idea what that entails and how at times that makes a person's situation worse, and at best, only provides temporary relief from the root cause of the actual issue? There are tons of alternatives and that should only be used as a last resort.
So, let me get this straight. Threats of suicide are a manipulative game? Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
In this environment. Yes.

And generally overall, yes.

When I was young and dumb I had a heart. Now I have a brain.

Legitimate thoughts of suicide need to be professionally assessed and treated. Period. End of story.

Anything other than that is just two people playing the same game, feeding the same beast.

I do agree, she needs to take a different approach, but I would not recommend inpatient or out patient care. Do you have any idea what that entails and how at times that makes a person's situation worse, and at best, only provides temporary relief from the root cause of the actual issue? There are tons of alternatives and that should only be used as a last resort. Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
That is complete and utter horseshit.

Absolute HORSE. SHIT.

Trust me, I know a little bit more about this than you do.
I agree that doing this on here was a manipulative game.

And really, none of us are in a place to advise a person to not professional or impatient care. This is a hooker board for goodness sakes.

Horse shit is right.
Perhaps Kaylee and THN should start a new thread about suicide prevention, and let this thread slide down and off the first page. They're certainly not doing Kitty any favors by continuing to bump it back to the top.
You will be fine. Post an ad and go for a walk. Get some fresh air. Stay off the computer except to answer pm's. Do not even look at the forums. Focus on something else.

*******I guarantee you that if you go somewhere and plan something else your phone will start ringing. Sitting at home waiting for appts while posting in coed will make anyone feel like their business is in decline. Go do something else and those fucktards will start wanting to get laid. I swear on my life. It's like the 8th wonder of the world. Originally Posted by THN
Had to place asterisks! A-freakin-men , THN! Too many ladies need to take this advice!! KL, best wishes and heed this advice at the very least!

Of COURSE your life is depressing if it revolves around trolls. Post ads and comment occasionally, use other ad venues, don't let anyone screw you without contributing to your success, and your financial woes will cease. Simple.