Dorthy_Monroe's last points issued: an objective assessment.

NYr performed his duty to his best ability, in that I have no doubt. All those criticisms and finger pointing may have their merits but they are after all, personal opinions. NYr simply can't back down no matter how vehemently people are coming to Dorthy's defense, and the rest of the Dallas Mods understandably have to back him up...........BTW, dearhunter, you are also a Mod correct? You are so interested in this thread, so perhaps you and other Houston Mods can help Dorthy if you so desired, other than trolling this thread.... Originally Posted by andymarksman
andy, you may be correct. That may be the best that NYr has. Thanck you for pointing that out.

I can assure you that the Owner of this site is not looking for modtards who "can't back down" or a group of modtards with a 'blue line' mentality.

Lastly, I am not a Houston modtard..........I am something different..........ijs
I can assure you that the Owner of this site is not looking for modtards who "can't back down" or a group of modtards with a 'blue line' mentality. Originally Posted by dearhunter
This is critical, so YM's endeavor in this instance is not for naught after all?
I try to peek in from time to time, seems some things here never change... lol
This is critical, so YM's endeavor in this instance is not for naught after all? Originally Posted by andymarksman
That would depend on your definition of "naught". I don't hold high expectations, and am rarely disappointed.
yummy, I admire your quest for justice (my word choice), but I fear your efforts are up against the anarchy that is the anonymous internet where all of us, idiots and genius alike get a say. There is no way to get any kind of closure in this environment.

Do not give up (I know you wont). There is a bit of Don Quijote de la Mancha in us all, it simply takes the right wrong to get the blood boiling.

I bet a double with you and Dorothy is well worth a trip to Houston.
I think some of us are just saying that we are having a hard time defending the ban of someone that was pointed out, don't you need like 30points to be banned? That's a lot of rule breaking that took place before these last couple of points were issued. She could have easily walked away from the thread. Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
+1

In the real world, if you break the rules of your employer you will get suspended or fired.
She got banned because she deserved it. She was being rude, insulting and the race comments, every one of them, were out of hand. She consistently attacked other providers with an out for blood type of vendetta. Imho she didn't even deserve the courtesy of a warning that was given. She certainly didn't show me or anyone else she has attacked any type of courtesy.
Ah yes. Who becomes the arbitor who "deserves it"? That is the question. Kitty decides everyone deserves it with the original post. Dorthy decides Kitty deserves it with her response, and NYr decides Dorthy deserves it with points. YM decides that NYr deserves to be called on issuing retarded points that led to Dorthy's ban.

Kitty, I would caution you on choosing to be the arbitor of who "deserves it". We ALL deserve it............ijs
What do you mean by "escalated"? Originally Posted by dearhunter
I mean like in any company if there is a conflict involving an incident that was/has/is been/being handled by a biased or incompetent manager. In the case of ECCIE, I believe there is a place for peer review for incidents that seem out of line. Baring peer review, there is a management upline to review subordinates' actions.

I get it. There are those here that don't like DM. Obviously I am not one of them. But there is enough evidence from both her fans and her detractors to see there has been something hinky going on. Just look at her haters comments. It's obvious from their comments even they suspect the mechanism that got her the ban.
QuIck question (this is prolly in the Icky Book of Policies & Procedures....but I'm too lazy to look that kinda stuff up when I can simply ask)....Exactly how long does a Ban last? Is it a temporary "time out" or are we talkin' "lifetime exile" here? I think not the latter since we've seen the Ban lifted after x-amount of time on some others who have committed their transgressions, etc.....
The discussions in modtardville must stay in modtardville. If you thinck there is some kind of tribunal in modtardville to over-rule points issued by a modtard, you are mistaken.

Retards bitching about points is as old as SHMBs.

modtards giving points for retarded reasons is as old as SHMBs

The variant here is that you are allowed to openly discuss the above without fear of retribution. Because, retribution (unlike points) can be the demise of a modtard on this SHMB.

At 25pts the system bans you for 90 days
People seem to think the rest of the Dallas Staff are oblivious to this thread and circumstances involved. That we are not paying attention and letting things get out of hand. You are wrong. Although we may not be posting our thoughts here, we are discussing it amongst ourselves. We know and watch what's being said and done. We don't always alert the masses to what's being said behind the curtain.

That being said. Ya'll should understand and for the most part I believe most do, it's not 1 or 2 points that gets the auto ban for 90 days. It's the accumulation of 25 points. No matter what infraction puts you over the 25 point limit, every member (Hobbiest, Provider) gets an automatic 90 days. This not only goes for Dorthy, it goes for anyone on the site including Mods when we fuck up.

Only NYr can reverse. You may not agree with his decision but no other Mod is going to go behind him and reverse them. All Mods and Admin at one time or another have given points or warnings and people disagreed and I am included. I have reversed when I was wrong and admitted when I was wrong but I didn't feel the need to cower to Hooktard/Fucktard Lynch Mobs and neither should any Mod/Admin.

Providers and Hobbiests have asked other Mods to reverse what I have done and were told No, they would not reverse what another had done. As DH said, Mods are here as a servitude, it's not a right, it's not a power infused ego, it's a privilege. A volunteer privilege that at times comes with petty face palm moments from every direction. There are time when Mods/Admins will look at what one of his Peers(cough) has said or done in the forums and will go WTF are you doing or thinking and discuss it. However, once Mods/Admins start reversing/stepping on other Mods/Admins decisions, the masses will do whatever they feel necessary to turn the Mods/Admins against each other.

That isn't going to happen.
Well said, VS.
  • motor
  • 04-11-2016, 11:24 AM
all I know is there are way too many cry babies on here. Take what you deserve and deal with it. For crying out loud this is about getting laid here. Like I said before............who really fucking cares, ok I added the "really" part
all I know is there are way too many cry babies on here. Take what you deserve and deal with it. For crying out loud this is about getting laid here. Like I said before............who really fucking cares, ok I added the "really" part Originally Posted by motor
In order:

Agreed. Way too many;

Oops. I believe you just included yourself;

If "this" is "about getting laid," why are you pestering the rest of us having a discussion and not off getting laid?

Obviously you do. Duh.