Star Wars , Bond, Moby Dick and other holiday Blockbusters

• cr76
  • 12-13-2015, 02:17 PM
Hoping to get the parents that don't want to take the kiddos to star wars money, I couldn;t stomach the first one with my nephew horrible. Here's the weird thing, i actually enjoy " A chipmunk adventure" the one were they race in the balloons to recover the smuggled diamonds for the criminals. That was actually good.

Star wars 10 am Saturday morning in IMAX!!!! can't wait.
Got ya beat cr76. Watching it on Thurs but not in IMAX. Might watch it again in IMAX if its worth watching again. Keeping my fingers crossed its going to be worthy of the name.
  • cr76
  • 12-14-2015, 08:54 PM
Yeah, people asked me about tickets and I've realized that if you just want to see the movie - there are still tickets to get in Thursday night. I want to see it in IMAX - plus going with a buddy. Theres a big IMAX sequence in the film so it should be impressive. It should be worth seeing again.
  • cr76
  • 12-15-2015, 09:35 PM
You got links to this info? Originally Posted by Fishpie
http://www.fandango.com/edwardsgreen...2f2015&q=77063

Listings are Up for 70mm Roadshow version of Hateful Eight!!!!
Oh I saw the updated list last week and read all the spoliers for TFA. Basically the shit that was told to me back in July but some added tidbits. Fuck me, I can't help but laugh at Jar Jar Abrams and what he did. I'll play nice and won't spoil it around here.
  • cr76
  • 12-15-2015, 10:55 PM
Thank you - got scared there for a moment - I've heard back and fourth and jackasses on the IMDb board are spoiling it. One guy threw a bunch of shot in his sig line
Oh yea spoilers are being thrown everywhere. Some are false and some are true.
  • cr76
  • 12-16-2015, 01:38 PM
Oh yea spoilers are being thrown everywhere. Some are false and some are true. Originally Posted by Fishpie
Yeah, well My sisters bf and i had a chat last night. he's trying to avoid spoilers and i mentioned that in this day and age, studios have started leaking false information to try and protect the film secrets.

Chris Nolan saying that Marion Cotiallrd is not Talia Al ghul, christian bale saying that Robin will not come into the series.
I've been internetting long enough to know which sources/outlets to avoid and pay attention to. Some times I just don't care and let it play out. Like what they did with Hank Henshaw on Supergirl. Didn't see that coming and that twist turned out to everyone's liking.
  • cr76
  • 12-16-2015, 04:36 PM
3 days left for me - not for the movie

then it's on to xmas movies

Hateful Eight in 70mm
Revenant
Big Short
Daddy's Home
Point break 3D - Even though it looks like some of the joy has been sucked out of the original and you will never that cast (Reeves, Swayze, Busey (in his prime) and Sizemore in a 30 sec cameo, both actors when they were good before their lifestyles took their toll on them, Petty, McGinley, Directed by Misses Ex-James Cameron Katryn Bigelow who went on to make the underrated Strange Days, Best Picture winner The Hurt Locker and the Excellent Zero Dark thirty) on the plus side, i've heard that some of the extreme sports material looks great in 3D
Point Break looks like a visually erecting movie but a shit plot to go with it.
  • cr76
  • 12-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Yes and it's got too much of what makes remakes bad - they over think the idea. They show scene of Utahs training. In the original, Utah is in the rain and it's a shooting test, the action intercut with spectacular surf footage. Boom b done - no obstacle courses or classroom bs. Then the fictional hashizaki 8 ??? In the original, there was no trial or
Challenges , they were adrenaline junkies, Bodhi just happened to see it as a way of life.
No spoiler alerts from me but Star Wars Force Awakens was good but not great. Worthy of the Star Wars name for sure. That bad guy really let me down. Need someone more bad ass.
  • cr76
  • 12-18-2015, 07:47 AM
The over all responses have been - it's good. And hat varies between its a solid good - to good but not what I had hoped for.
  • Trey
  • 12-18-2015, 02:31 PM
Was the Imax part worth paying for. My friend saw the movie in 3d he said it was great.