Board personas and the hobby...

Hmmm....looks like JaD doesn't find my comments VERY interesting anymore.
Some personas are not good ones. Those will find out about it. Originally Posted by Pistolero
About what? Originally Posted by pyramider
Ok, pyramider, I will try to explain to you my thought on it.

I really do not care if a persona is the real person or not. The nicest guy on here can be shitty in person. The biggest asshole could be the nicest in person. Not always and I am thinking not often, either way.

But some people are on here just to cause trouble. No other reason. And those personas will hear from the mods about it. If not me, one of the others.

These contacts can come either in a PM or a comment in a thread.. Sometimes the mod will make a comment in a thread to let everyone know that it is being watched. I tend to do this. Like in this thread.

There is actually a lot of good info in this thread. Some could make people reevaluate their posting. Some will never change. And this comes from both sides of any discussion.

The problem mods have is there is very seldom a black and white decision. Always a lot of gray. Things can easily be brought to a halt with a black and white approach. This thread could have been closed several times using the latitude afforded mods. But, good info came out in comments later.

So, let's just say the what is when a persona is going too far without any redeeming value. This is how I look at things.

This post should extend this discussion for a while now. I am sure there are those who will want to pick apart my statements to prove their points or such. Just remember that exact words on a post do not show inflection like speaking does And if someone always dissects answers, soon there will many less available for dissection.
I am sure there are those who will want to pick apart my statements to prove their points or such. Just remember that exact words on a post do not show inflection like speaking does. Originally Posted by Pistolero
I...R...O...N...I...C...
I really dont think that this bored has anything to do with the real life character of a person. This bored is all entertainment. If Im bored I always come to this site for a good read. I know for a fact that most guys that act an ass on here have another handle for booking appointments with a provider. To tell you the truth I am a completely different person in real life. So I assume others are too. I wouldnt take an appointment with some of the ones who acts an ass on the bored only b/c I would feel like it was a set up for a bad review. But I bet most of of the guys that act an ass on here, we would get along in real life b/c I am an ass myself and Sarcasm Is my BEST friend. Just my 2 cents..........
I...R...O...N...I...C... Originally Posted by Wakeuр

Not really, it's one of those common sense things most people get, iweather you believe that exists or not. Some things need no interpretation or inflection. A couple of my posts were put straight forward, as close to black and white as you can get, regardless of the inflection I may have used in speaking it. The same could be said for TA's and quite a few of yours.
Not...privy...
Not...privy... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
No problem, didn't think so. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them.
Nope, none whatsoever...
Damn good pick of Val!
There needs to be a universally agreed upon sarcasm font.
Ok, pyramider, I will try to explain to you my thought on it.

I really do not care if a persona is the real person or not. The nicest guy on here can be shitty in person. The biggest asshole could be the nicest in person. Not always and I am thinking not often, either way.

But some people are on here just to cause trouble. No other reason. And those personas will hear from the mods about it. If not me, one of the others.

These contacts can come either in a PM or a comment in a thread.. Sometimes the mod will make a comment in a thread to let everyone know that it is being watched. I tend to do this. Like in this thread.

There is actually a lot of good info in this thread. Some could make people reevaluate their posting. Some will never change. And this comes from both sides of any discussion.

The problem mods have is there is very seldom a black and white decision. Always a lot of gray. Things can easily be brought to a halt with a black and white approach. This thread could have been closed several times using the latitude afforded mods. But, good info came out in comments later.

So, let's just say the what is when a persona is going too far without any redeeming value. This is how I look at things.

This post should extend this discussion for a while now. I am sure there are those who will want to pick apart my statements to prove their points or such. Just remember that exact words on a post do not show inflection like speaking does And if someone always dissects answers, soon there will many less available for dissection. Originally Posted by Pistolero
But if you ask them they will tell you they are here for entertainment. The problem is their entertainment is not so funny to others and even hurtfull to some. Where do you draw that fine gray line?
The problem is their entertainment is not so funny to others and even hurtfull to some. Originally Posted by oilfieldscum
The best humor comes from comedians who tell jokes on themselves; ....

... that is entertainment.

Attempting to marginalize, dismiss, and otherwise discredit others is spawned by an inferiority complex that concludes the speaker or writer lacks sufficient competitive qualities to maintain their status on an even playing field.

Some of the dialogue and character assaults in some of the threads on this board would offend most in the worst locker room or frat house around.

It's the "clique" mentality. Can be representative of an "off-board persona," but is usually reserved for activities in anonymity, which would be the "on-board persona."
Meh, I haven't come across someone I was thinking about seeing and don't because of what they post. May not agree with them, but it hasn't stopped me from seeing them.

On the flip side, I have had a few ladies called me an asshole yet still saw me. Didn't have to hide behind another alias, no reason to. If she doesn't wanna see me then so be it, there are others out there.
..... there are others out there. Originally Posted by Syncial
Have you had much luck at explaining that?

I've understood that since I first noticed a difference between boys and girls.
Hmmm....looks like JaD doesn't find my comments VERY interesting anymore. Originally Posted by Sarunga
Meh! Just been busy with work and shit..... you post something else interesting I miss? (Not being smart for a change....Honest question)

JaD