GOP Senators send a letter to Iran

I wish you were right, but unfortunately for you LexusLover is not an odious fucktard, (for that matter, neither is Lustylad) but LL is actually smarter than you. So, I'm going to side with him at this point.
As usual, however, you make some good points, and your input is appreciated.
I hope if your side prevails, Iran is thwarted somehow. Originally Posted by DSK
I've never seen any evidence to support that.

As for the question, I don't want Iran to get a bomb, but I believe there are better ways to go about it than to get in a huff and start beating the war drums.
An interesting read! Very interesting!

From Politico:

James Baker blasts Benjamin Netanyahu

“His actions have not matched his rhetoric,” says the former secretary of state.

By EDWARD-ISAAC DOVERE 3/23/15 9:16 PM EDT Updated 3/23/15 9:48 PM EDT

It’s not just Democrats and White House officials who’ve got problems with Benjamin Netanyahu.

Blasting “diplomatic missteps and political gamesmanship,” former Secretary of State James Baker laid in hard to the Israeli prime minister on Monday evening, criticizing him for an insufficient commitment to peace and an absolutist opposition to the Iran nuclear talks.

Baker told the gala dinner for the left-leaning Israeli advocacy group J Street that he supported efforts to get a deal with Tehran — but he called for President Barack Obama to bring any agreement before Congress, even though he may not legally be required to do so.

Baker, who was the chief diplomat for President George H.W. Bush, cited mounting frustrations with Netanyahu over the past six years — but particularly with comments he made in the closing days of last week’s election disavowing his support for a two-state solution and support for settlements strategically placed to attempt to change the borders between Israel and the West Bank.

“Frankly, I have been disappointed with the lack of progress regarding a lasting peace — and I have been for some time,” Baker said. And “in the aftermath of Netanyahu’s recent election victory, the chance of a two-state solution seems even slimmer, given his reversal on the issue.”

Baker said while Netanyahu has said he’s for peace, “his actions have not matched his rhetoric.”

Some Republicans in Congress have claimed Obama has eroded American support of Israel.

That’s wrong, too, Baker said.

“No one around the entire world should ever doubt America’s commitment to Israel, Not now, or at any point in the future,” he said.

Earlier in the day at the conference, White House chief of staff Denis McDonough reiterated Obama’s frustration with Netanyahu, saying that the administration is holding the prime minister to his comments ruling out a two-state solution — even though Netanyahu immediately began to walk those comments back the day after his Likud Party won a resounding number of seats in the Israeli Knesset.

Baker said he’s also holding to Netanyahu’s pre-election comments — and pointed out how out of sync he believes the Israeli leader is with his own country, and with Washington.

“Although Netanyahu and his right-and-center coalition may oppose a two-state solution, a land-for-peace approach has long been supported by a substantial portion of the Israeli body politic, by every American [administration] since 1967 — Republican and Democratic alike — and a vast majority of nations around the world,” Baker said.

As to Netanyahu’s opposition on Iran, Baker warned against seeking only a perfect deal.

“If the only agreement is one in which there is no enrichment, then there will be no agreement,” Baker said.

After all, Baker said, no military solution could work in his assessment: an American strike would only generate more support among Iranians for the fundamentalist government, and an Israeli strike would neither be as effective nor carry American support.

This isn’t the only tough moment in U.S.-Israeli relations, Baker said, recounting some of his own head-butting in the late 1980s and early 1990s. In those days, the administration was dealing with Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir, a hard-liner who referred to Netanyahu as “too soft,” according to Baker.

The danger now, Baker said, is the personalization and politicization of the disputes between the governments in Washington and Jerusalem.

“This is of course a delicate moment in the Middle East, and will require clear thinking from leaders,” Baker said. “That clear thinking should not be muddled by partisan politics.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...#ixzz3VGi2oI2J
Lookee here folks – undercunt is getting his ass kicked so badly that he has to yell for help from his idiot wingman, shammytard! And what is even more rib-tickling is how shammytard is attempting to pose as some kind of expert in nuclear technology! Questions for you morons:

1) The vast majority of the world's nuclear power plants use fuel rods containing uranium enriched to what level?
2) When it comes to uranium enrichment, which is more technically challenging and difficult – getting to the 20% level or enriching further to the 90%+ level?
3) How hard would it be for Iran to convert oxidized uranium back to hexaflouride gas?
Originally Posted by lustylad

Where did the "experts" go? Did I waste my breath again? Too bad. Grades are due at midnight so I'll have to give both of them an "F" in chemistry and physics. Originally Posted by lustylad

P.S. They both flunked. Were the questions too difficult or is it because they don't know shit about nuclear energy?

• shanm
  • 03-24-2015, 12:37 AM
P.S. They both flunked. Were the questions too difficult or is it because they don't know shit about nuclear energy?

. Originally Posted by lustylad

LustyIdiot I should warn you not to venture down this path, but I guess that would make your (incoherent) reply more likely. Isn't that true?

Let's just make it simple. Did I say anything contrary to the questions you posted above? The answer is no. What happened is that, as usual, you displayed your knack of dancing around the actual argument by posing stupid fucking questions that have fuck all to do with it. I took one look at them, rolled my eyes (chuckled a little bit at the ignorance), and carried on with my work.

All I said was that 20% enriched Uranium is not near enough weapons grade Uranium, which is true. In fact, if you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that trying to make weapons out of 20% enriched uranium would be considered nothing more than a "scientific experiment" of sorts. See how low you can really go while creating a workable nuclear bomb. So, which is it? you think Iran is at the forefront of breakthrough nuclear physics research now? I'll be damned.
LustyIdiot I should warn you not to venture down this path...

Let's just make it simple. Did I say anything contrary to the questions you posted above? Originally Posted by shanm

By all means, let's keep it simple. You still won't answer the questions. Either because 1) you don't have a clue, or 2) you know if you answered the questions honestly and correctly, it would undermine your arguments about the Iranian nuclear program.
Christ.....is there anything that could make us look more stupid in the eyes of the world? Originally Posted by timpage
Yes.

Christ.....is there anything that could make us look more stupid in the eyes of the world? Originally Posted by timpage
Yes

The Idiot who continues to posts the same, outdated, worn our pictures.......time.....after time.......after time........after time!

And LLIdiot calls himself a Democrat!
....calls himself a Democrat! Originally Posted by bigtex
Unfortunately for this country there are jokes like you who pull the "lever" (or check the box as the case may be) for a Democrat no matter how defective they are .... or how much of a LIAR and BULLSHITTER ... OR FAKE ...

You want the Botox Queen?

You voted for him, right?

He did some fraternizing with the enemy back then, also. Still an officer, but hardly a gentleman!

And you still voted for him, knowing he lied under oath.

I noticed you have a propensity for voting for AND supporting LIARS ...

Bill Clinton
Al Gore
John Kerry
Barrack Obama

And you call yourself a "Democrat"?

More of "the same, outdated, worn our pictures.......time.....after time.......after time........after time!"

Could it be that LLIdiot will next post his trusty ol' burning buildings pics as his "closing argument?"

Stay tuned!

LustyIdiot I should warn you not to venture down this path, but I guess that would make your (incoherent) reply more likely. Isn't that true?

Let's just make it simple. Did I say anything contrary to the questions you posted above? The answer is no. What happened is that, as usual, you displayed your knack of dancing around the actual argument by posing stupid fucking questions that have fuck all to do with it. I took one look at them, rolled my eyes (chuckled a little bit at the ignorance), and carried on with my work.

All I said was that 20% enriched Uranium is not near enough weapons grade Uranium, which is true. In fact, if you had any idea what you were talking about you would know that trying to make weapons out of 20% enriched uranium would be considered nothing more than a "scientific experiment" of sorts. See how low you can really go while creating a workable nuclear bomb. So, which is it? you think Iran is at the forefront of breakthrough nuclear physics research now? I'll be damned. Originally Posted by shanm
He is what we refer to as 'internet smart'. I posted a link, several in fact, that spoke of the 20 percent figure and how the way in which they were doing things actually made it MORE difficult to turn it into fissile material for a bomb, but as usual, he disregarded it because it didn't fit his line of thinking. The fact of the matter is that we don't know what their true intentions are. I have to go by facts, what I can see, etc., not what I feel or hope is true. What he has failed to mention and a fact that bolsters the argument that they are doing this for energy purposes is that Iran is going to run out of oil, sooner rather than later. They are going to have to get energy from somewhere and nuclear is the way they've chosen.

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...s-out-1.308685
367 House Members Send Letter on Iran Nuclear Negotiations to President Obama

http://foreignaffairs.house.gov/pres...resident-obama
20 years of sanctions haven't seemed to have an effect, must be time for some serious negotiations.
He is what we refer to as 'internet smart'. I posted a link, several in fact, that spoke of the 20 percent figure and how the way in which they were doing things actually made it MORE difficult to turn it into fissile material for a bomb, but as usual, he disregarded it because it didn't fit his line of thinking. And my argument sounds superficially plausible as long as I refuse to answer lustylad's question #3 ("How hard would it be for Iran to convert Oxidized uranium back to hexaflouride gas?") and as long as I ignore his twice-repeated rebuttal concerning the purpose of fueling the Tehran Research Reactor. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Fixed that for undercunt.

The fact of the matter is that we don't know what their true intentions are. I have to go by facts, what I can see, etc., not what I feel or hope is true. That's why I refuse to answer lustylad's simple questions of fact. Why should I make it obvious to everyone that - factually speaking - I don't know what I'm talking about? Originally Posted by UnderConstruction

What he has failed to mention and a fact that bolsters the argument that they are doing this for energy purposes is that Iran is going to run out of oil, sooner rather than later. They are going to have to get energy from somewhere and nuclear is the way they've chosen. Of course I won't mention the fact that Iran has the world's third largest proven oil reserves (150 billion barrels) and those reserves will last for over 100 years at current production rates. This simple fact would refute my specious argument that they need to switch to nuclear energy "sooner rather than later." Originally Posted by UnderConstruction

Hey folks, I just discovered something. It's even more fun to hand undercunt his ass when he puts you on ignore!

I've never seen any evidence to support that.

As for the question, I don't want Iran to get a bomb, but I believe there are better ways to go about it than to get in a huff and start beating the war drums. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
There are better ways to earn a living besides robbing banks, ...

.. but explain that to a bank robber!

You are trying to judge people by your standards. That doesn't work when you are toe to toe and the stakes are as high as they are now with war mongers. Although I agree that giving them an opportunity to "lay down" the weapon is appropriate, they've had that opportunity.

The problem is (and in other situations) they perceive that the U.S. will "blink" .. based on past history, particularly with this wimp in the White House. John Kerry is no better. As a consequence it makes them more dangerous, than if they believe we would pull the trigger.

One only makes good deals when they bargain from a position of strength relative to the opposite side. Israel is backed into a corner and it has been surrounded for years with hostile people against them. We have never been in that position in this country. Even on 911 we were not in that position. The lesson was (and hopefully still is) if they want to hurt us they can reach out and touch us....that wasn't hard. The next will be hard.

They took down a symbol. I'm guessing the next one will be economic. Crippling.
20 years of sanctions haven't seemed to have an effect, must be time for some serious negotiations. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Should have been 20 weeks at most. Same with North Korea.

Here is the history the Iranians study:

"In 1994, faced with North Korea’s announced intent to withdraw from the nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT), which requires non-nuclear weapon states to forswear the development and acquisition of nuclear weapons, the United States and North Korea signed the Agreed Framework. Under this agreement, Pyongyang committed to freezing its illicit plutonium weapons program in exchange for aid." http://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/dprkchron