NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Satin, thanks for the hospitality checkin out the game bro. Sorry bout fumbling that beer. Foster made me do it. LOL . Thats fucked up bout Cody, but our Defensive front is a strong suit and he is the weakest link. I love the dude's on the nose episodes though.

Dopey and TJ looked pretty good other than Dopey's INT.

Forsett & Grimes looked good and I like the battle for the #3 spot. I hope they make the decision as difficult as possible.

The dude that impressed me most was Trindon Holl-i-motherfuckin-day. I know its not easy to have a dedicated dude just to run back kicks and shit. But with our Defense forcing teams to punt 4-5 times a game, this dude would be a nice weapon to have. He'll be our little pocket rocket MINI-BOLT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9U9GdYWuI0

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...-for-touchdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruvejmxppyo
Ya'll are fucking funny.

Btw, GO COWBOYS !!!!
  • Satin
  • 08-13-2012, 05:53 PM
No problem bro, it's all good about the beer, that fumble by Foster and INT by Dopey threw me off as well. Glad we could hook up and talk shit.

Unfortunately for Mr Holliday, he's gonna have to break a few more to make the team. If he has a couple of bad games, he's done. I hope he makes it, I like the guy. 4.2 forty speed? Damn...

I would like to see him race Bolt...lol
It's time to GET THE FUCK IN THERE WITH THE OX!!!!!!!!!!
I'm just ready for the season to start!

FOOOOOOOTTTTTBAAALLLLLL!!!
I wonder how they're gonna handle all those cold-weather games especially Chicago and New England. We shall see.......
It's time to GET THE FUCK IN THERE WITH THE OX!!!!!!!!!! Originally Posted by junglemonkey
NO DOUBT ABOUT IT
  • Satin
  • 08-15-2012, 10:37 AM
What are you boys thoughts on the San Francisco game this Saturday? Defense vs defense?
My main goal for the preseason is to see the Rookies and QB's do well. I've been really surprised though that some teams last week were unable to score a TD, that seems a bit ridiculous to me considering how pass friendly the league is.

Just looked at the Niners QB's, have no idea who any of the back-ups are...Hopefully they all suck and we can get more possessions, which would get Keenum more snaps and a chance to be on the team.
  • Satin
  • 08-16-2012, 01:17 PM
It looks like Case with get a lot more snaps this week and in the game earlier. Let's see what he does. Kubes also said Dopey would get more too...maybe a quarter and a half. Hopefully he can shake the rust out.

I'm happy they gave Duane Brown (6 year deal, 22 mill guaranteed) his new contract. Now he can play ball and not let that be a distraction. Let's see if they do the same for Barwin. I don't think there's any way they're going to do anything now about Dopey's contract. It will be all about how he performs this year and can he stay on the field.
Damn, just read about Brown's deal, glad that our boy got paid, good for him!

I'm guessing Dope will do fine this season, and will get his at some point after the season, excited for the first home game, should be a good one. RANDY MOSS will be in town.
I want to make sure our D can stop the run. I am pretty sure they can but the niners will be the test.

I also want to see Case sling it. I hope he beats out Beck.

Of course the texans cheerleaders will be checked out closely with my binocs too!!

Satin who's going with you to the game? I will try to sneak down to visit you if I can.

Can't Wait!!!!!
  • Satin
  • 08-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Well the rain is screwing up aspects of the tailgating, so nevertheless, I'm looking forward to this game today...

How will our red zone offense do?
Posey? Martin? Holliday?
Defense? Kareem Jackson?

So many questions...
Not too concerned about the Redzone offense. Not playing with Foster and Schaub down there is tough against good defenses.

I wanna see better play out of our TE's and Posey.

I think I'm a believer in Jackson now, hopefully that Ball guy can play better, he seems to be a good run stopper. And that dude from the U we drafted a year ago (Harris?) I keep hearing good stuff about him on Twitter, wanna see more of him.

Our Rookie K looked really good last week. Wanna see if he can keep it up.

Oh, and my man, RANDY MOTHERFUCKING MOSS will be in our city.
  • Satin
  • 08-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Don, I'm not sure why you're not concerned, we couldn't do shit last week. Even more troubling are the team practices in which we couldn't execute in the red zone against our own defense. You gotta score in this league to be a top SB contender...

OTOH, I'm not concerned about Moss...he's a 3rd string receiver and a irrelevant 35 year old over-the-hill guy as far as I'm concerned...kick-off coming up...let's do it!!!!