NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

It's pre-season, not worried about redzone offense And I'm happy our defense is stopping our offense, our D goes HARD. But this team is so loaded on D that they don't need to have a great red-zone offense (even though I think they will be fine in that area). Between the only other two teams in our conference that are better than us (NE and BAL), only NE is clearly better in the redzone, and they are pretty much a lock for the 1 seed anyway (as absurd as that sounds, look at their schedule, it's a cakewalk...) That 2 seed is going to be tough to get against the Ravens, that is basically the goal of the regular season the way I see it. We just need to stay healthy. Schaub, Foster, Dre, Watt, need to stay on the field.

RANDY MOSS IS MY DUDE, was he at the clubs tonight??! And did he pay the strippers straight cash??!
Is it me just noticing the Schaub doesn't have the arm strength and deep ball accuracy he once had??? Were it not for Andre adjusting on that one deep throw, that would have been an interception for sure. I submit they are going to need Foster to carry a huge load for a large part of the season.
Maybe i'm just being hyper-critical because my favorite team has shown some serious ineptitude in the first two meaningless games.
  • Satin
  • 08-19-2012, 12:01 PM
Well Don, here's some facts for you bro....

Our red zone offense was only 47% effective last year bro & ranked #25 in the league. The league standard is about 80%. You still don't think that's a problem or area of concern? That's a fact, not an opinion on that stat.

All I can say from last night is....Trindon-motherfucking-Holliday!!!! He took one to the house again on a punt return...if he can average pretty good yards or break one more, I think he has made the team. It will be nice having a dangerous speedy return guy on the team to give us good field position on kickoffs and punts as well as break one for a TD from time to time. That would also keep us from having to use Martin or Manning, which would keep them fresher and reduce their chances of getting injured.

I was also very impressed with Lestar Jean. He had a TD catch and is starting to look like his mentor - AJ... Come on Posey, you better step it up.

Solid game from Dopey and Foster as well. All around solid performance.

And no Easy it's not just you playa...pretty much everyone knows that too...if our receivers didn't have to come back to catch balls, they wouldn't have as many receptions as they do. But I think they know that by now and expect it...
  • Satin
  • 08-25-2012, 06:40 PM
First TD the Saints score....on Kareem Jackson, as I expected...lmao!!!

He gets beat and has a penalty called on him...some things never change....you boys still think he's better???? Lmfao!!!

Trindon loses a fumble for a TD...uh oh!!!
It hasn't been pretty but it was a hell of a first half!
  • Satin
  • 08-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah i think it was a pretty good game. As usual...lots of negatives and positives...

Negatives...
Trindon and Martin has fumble-itis....
Andre goes down again...
Our right side of the line was shaky...
Kareem was...well Kareem again...

Positives....
Dopey looked very good...
Our TE Graham looked good...
Backfield is deep and strong...
James Casey is looking good...
Mercilus gets another sack and lots of pressure...
I think these two teams might be playing again, maybe next February...
I think these two teams might be playing again, maybe next February... Originally Posted by TheDon
D, that reminds me of the first line from a song by Color Me Badd...

"Dream on...dream away"
First TD the Saints score....on Kareem Jackson, as I expected...lmao!!!

He gets beat and has a penalty called on him...some things never change....you boys still think he's better???? Originally Posted by Satin
I don't believe it matters what we or even you think. What matters is what Rick, Kubes and Wade think.

You might want to give them a call. Be sure to let us know what they have to say.
  • Satin
  • 08-26-2012, 03:33 PM
There goes Mr Obvious again with his normal dumbass remarks. Hey BT, in case you didn't know bro, this is a "discussion thread" smartass to discuss the game and what happens. So you don't have to keep on with your normal " it only matters what the coaches say" bullshit bro. Its already gotten old. Most of us are intelligent enough to know that. So if you don't wanna discuss the games or have anything productive to add, you're welcome NOT to post here.

DED, I think Don might have struck a nerve with you bro. You can't possibly think your Steelers are going to go to the Superbowl do you? There's no way you will even win the division, might not even make the playoffs....
There goes Mr Obvious again with his normal dumbass remarks. Hey BT, in case you didn't know bro, this is a "discussion thread" smartass to discuss the game and what happens. So you don't have to keep on with your normal " it only matters what the coaches say" bullshit bro. Its already gotten old. Most of us are intelligent enough to know that. So if you don't wanna discuss the games or have anything productive to add, you're welcome NOT to post here.

DED, I think Don might have struck a nerve with you bro. You can't possibly think your Steelers are going to go to the Superbowl do you? There's no way you will even win the division, might not even make the playoffs.... Originally Posted by Satin
Thanks for the advice but I will give it the same attention I have given all of the advice you have offered previously. Truthfully, I knew "most of us are intelligent enough to know that." I was just unsure of whether you were!

My advice Bro, get used to it! It's gonna be a fun year and it starts tonight!
  • Satin
  • 08-26-2012, 06:50 PM
Do whatever you want loser, I could care less, just letting you know you don't have to post here if you don't have anything worth a shit to contribute. (you never do) so just continue to make yourself look stupid...carry on...

And nah, the only thing I have gotten used to is dumb remarks from you, but I have also gotten used to good fun and laughs from everyone else...so it's all good...

Yea, its gonna be fun all right..... Hopefully you fellas can continue to have good discussions despite 1 knucklehead in the bunch...
And nah, the only thing I have gotten used to is dumb remarks from you, Originally Posted by Satin
Let me make sure I have this straight! It's ok for you to make "dumb remarks" but prior to me making an equally "dumb remark" I need to attain permission.

Apparently I overlooked that in Satin's very own thread starter rule book but I believe I got it now!
  • Satin
  • 08-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Great, I'm glad you do. So hopefully if you have anything worthwhile to contribute other than -" it's all the coaches decision", you will....but somehow I doubt it...lol

DED, you heard about the latest causality you guys have right? Man, your team is dropping like flies. But I'm not sure why I'm wasting time talking about the Steelers anyway....
Ha ha, I was coming to this thread to see what you guys thought of the game. I saw it this way too, Kareem still blows, Holiday is now trying not to make the team, KMart needs some stick em that he should share with Holiday(and even Foster) The 7th round draft pick right tackle looks about like a 7th round pick should look after a year of coaching, shaky at best. Dopey looked good except when pressured. The Texans looked like the Texans. I can't wait for Cush and Watt to get back out there and crush Tannehill!! Can't Wait!!!