NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Kickoff in less than 6 hours, time for bed. I can feel it in the air..
  • Trey
  • 09-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Kicked ass in six hours, yours son!
  • Trey
  • 09-09-2012, 01:49 PM
imagejpeg_2.jpg

That was good!
It was a fairly good day. Dre and JJ were great and both Foster and Schaub gave solid performances.

Saving the best for last, the Texans locked in Schaub for the next 4 years.
It is beyond my comprehension how a Fucking Rookie QB went into NO and won a game. Lost pretty much all my bets today because of that game. Had the Texans winning by at least 20, too bad it couldn't amount to anything. They looked sloppy as Fuck though in the first quarter, not impressed by the offense, linebackers looked out of position at times. Watt pretty much won and saved the game for us.
I know its the wrong thread but some of y'all probably thought I was crazy for drafting him LOL
Don't get me wrong, I like and respect Griffin. I watched a ton of his games in Baylor, I was expecting him to be a decent pro QB, and I haven't watched the entire game yet, but it is hard for me to believe that Griffin was as good as the numbers showed today, but more so the Saints just playing bad. No team today playing one of the Rookie QB's looked as bad as NO apparently looked today.

And it's such sweet irony for me because I bet on Griffin a lot last year when he was with Baylor, yet today he slaughtered my plays.
He was good bruh..of course the Saints do have a new D-Coordinator and an Interim, Interim Head Coach
Saints looked really good in the dress-rehearsal game against Houston, not sure how Griffin was able to blow them away like that. I'll be looking forward to seeing the replay on this one later in the week.

If he is this legit, glad the Colts didn't pick him..
Don't get me wrong, I like and respect Griffin. I watched a ton of his games in Baylor, I was expecting him to be a decent pro QB, and I haven't watched the entire game yet, but it is hard for me to believe that Griffin was as good as the numbers showed today, but more so the Saints just playing bad. No team today playing one of the Rookie QB's looked as bad as NO apparently looked today.

And it's such sweet irony for me because I bet on Griffin a lot last year when he was with Baylor, yet today he slaughtered my plays. Originally Posted by TheDon
He was good bruh..of course the Saints do have a new D-Coordinator and an Interim, Interim Head Coach Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Saints looked really good in the dress-rehearsal game against Houston, not sure how Griffin was able to blow them away like that. I'll be looking forward to seeing the replay on this one later in the week.

If he is this legit, glad the Colts didn't pick him.. Originally Posted by TheDon
As one DC born & raised I can only say...who are THOSE guys & what have they done with my Redskins???

Given a vested interest, I watched this game rather closely. I can offer up the following....

The kid played a SMART game. Didn't try to do too much. Ran the offense as it was given to him. The plays they ran kept the ball & kept the ball out of Brees' hands. He finished with dumb numbers but most of that came off of a couple of routine throws on which the receivers generated nice YAC numbers. The Garcon TD being exhibit #1.

With less time spent on the field, the 'Skins D was able to befuddle Brees just enough to get the result. By the time he was able to do what he wanted it was too little too late.
  • Satin
  • 09-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Good fucking game....voice gone....uhhhh...
  • Seedy
  • 09-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Good fucking game....voice gone....uhhhh... Originally Posted by Satin
Yes it was. And your speechless? I find that hard to believe. lol
  • Satin
  • 09-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Yeah Seedy, crazy right?

So DED, did you watch your sorry ass Steelers get their asses handed to them? Lmao...I told you those fuckers suck bro....you will be very lucky to make the playoffs...rotflmao...way to go Peyton!!!!

Texans rule!!!

Texans 1-0
Steelers 0-1
  • Seedy
  • 09-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah Seedy, crazy right?

So DED, did you watch your sorry ass Steelers get their asses handed to them? Lmao...I told you those fuckers suck bro....you will be very lucky to make the playoffs...rotflmao...way to go Peyton!!!!

Texans rule!!!

Texans 1-0
Steelers 0-1 Originally Posted by Satin
I'm a Steelers fan also bro, but that is some funny shit. You just kicked DeD right in the nuts... Lmmfao
FUCK ALL OF YOU....

OH YEAH...THE TEXANS SUCK!