NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

• klutz
  • 09-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Watt nearly single handedly won that game... lol...

I was a nervous SOB the first 15 or minutes or so of the game... then it got nasty.

Loved it.

WATTF happened?! lol

I'm so f'ing happy a watchable sport is back on tv!
Ultra71.......that's a cool image of "A GHOSTRIDER TEXAN"...your gonna need help from him and the devil,if you think the texans are gonna beat the Cowboys this year.....if they get that far.........
As one DC born & raised I can only say...who are THOSE guys & what have they done with my Redskins???

Given a vested interest, I watched this game rather closely. I can offer up the following....

The kid played a SMART game. Didn't try to do too much. Ran the offense as it was given to him. The plays they ran kept the ball & kept the ball out of Brees' hands. He finished with dumb numbers but most of that came off of a couple of routine throws on which the receivers generated nice YAC numbers. The Garcon TD being exhibit #1.

With less time spent on the field, the 'Skins D was able to befuddle Brees just enough to get the result. By the time he was able to do what he wanted it was too little too late. Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Good insight, I believe you're the first Skins fan to post in here. Congrats on the gem that is RGIII

FUCK ALL OF YOU....

OH YEAH...THE TEXANS SUCK!
Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Man, Haley was pissing me off with those playcalls, I hated him in KC, and he brought his same shitty run plays he used last year tonight....Why did they get rid of the offensive coordinator last year? they were good last year! they were too predicable tonight.

I would have smoked that Denver D if I was controlling Ben on Madden, I need more than 7 points from Brown for my fantasy team smh
If J. J. Watts stays healthy, he has the potential to become a Hall of Famer. I hate to draw comparisons but I'm going to do it anyways. He is a combination of Bob Lilly and Mean Joe. That is some elite company. He plays with the same intensity from the opening whistle to the final gun. He is a friggin' beast!

It was great to hear that Schaub is locked up for the next four years. The four critical components of our offense (Schaub, Dre, Foster and Brown) will be in place through the 2015 season. If those four can remain healthy there should be a Super Bowl in our not too distant future.
....Why did they get rid of the offensive coordinator last year? Originally Posted by TheDon
It was more a "Upper Management" call than a Mike Tomlin or Big Ben call...

It's a LONG season boys...try not to get too HIGH after one victory
If J. J. Watts stays healthy, he has the potential to become a Hall of Famer. I hate to draw comparisons but I'm going to do it anyways. He is a combination of Bob Lilly and Mean Joe. That is some elite company. He plays with the same intensity from the opening whistle to the final gun. He is a friggin' beast! Originally Posted by bigtex
I said this last year as well, the guy is easily the most dominant player at his position already, just compare him to Mario. Mario had 1 tackle, zero pass rush, and zero sacks. Even Spencer Tillman last night said that he's already on his way. I was soooo pissed when I saw his rating was below a 90 in Madden this year smh (it was 88...)
It was more a "Upper Management" call than a Mike Tomlin or Big Ben call...

It's a LONG season boys...try not to get too HIGH after one victory Originally Posted by DickEmDown
Oh yeah, I think I remember it now, there was something about Haley not reaching out to Ben or something?...Anyway, yeah, I'm sure Pitt will still be really good, their defense will at least be. But I would like to see more creativity on offense, or just let Ben be Ben, it's a passing league now, let him do his thing.
...But I would like to see more creativity on offense, or just let Ben be Ben, it's a passing league now, let him do his thing. Originally Posted by TheDon
I vote let Ben be Ben...cuz Haley can't call plays for shit

Then again our defense NEVER stopped Peyton once he went no huddle

I'm hoping it was the light air
Guys, I just went to whole foods and saw KAREEM JACKSON, he was actually hugging/spinning around some chick, and was momentarily blocking my sister and I sister from the door. Couldn't confirm it was him after I came home and googled the MotherFucker, but he had the exact same facial hair and tats.

Maybe next time I'll see Joseph or Watt.
  • Satin
  • 09-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Wait! You saw Kareem? So was he getting beat by the chick he was with? Was his head turned the wrong way as she left with some other dude? Was he struggling to keep up with her? Lmfao...

My favorite defensive player and future hall of famer JJ, the milkman is one sick dude. He wil lead in several categories this year. Mario is a overhyped drama queen and I'm glad he's gone.

Steelers suck ass!! Do you wanna make a bet DED on which team will have the most wins? Oh,....wait, I forgot, you still haven't paid up from last year.....lmfao....
Wait! You saw Kareem? So was he getting beat by the chick he was with? Was his head turned the wrong way as she left with some other dude? Was he struggling to keep up with her? Lmfao...
Originally Posted by Satin
Man, it was so weird when I saw him. I knew for sure I recognized the guy, but needed to stare at him for a few seconds before it hit me, but then I didn't want to keep staring just in case it wasn't him and he caught me eyeballing him... that would have been awkward LOL. And he was just standing around with some dumb look on his face, and was dressed kinda bummy.

I googled his ass on my phone to look up his height in the next aisle, he's 5'10, so it looked like him, then I remembered he had tats, the guy in the store had tats too... I saw him again just as we were about to leave, and then I thought it wasn't him because he was acting kind of stupid around this broad (Who wasn't that attractive) , I was about to approach him and compliment him on his pick yesterday, but decided not to because i remembered he had a thick beard (at least I thought he did) and this guy had a short, trimmed beard.

Then I got back home and found out that his beard is not full and big, but more trimmed and short, just like the dude I saw at the store... so it was him lol

I was like Damn, it was my birthday too, woulda been nice to get a picture, even if it was Kareem haha The only other NFL players I've ever met were Spencer Tillman when he visited my middle school back when I was in 8th grade, and I met JJ MOSES at the mall when I was in 7th grade, he signed my Texans hat! Lmao I also met David Carr that year as his little bro was playing a basketball game in our middle school, I was in the other gym playing in my game, but got to see Carr just before he left, he signed a piece of white paper for me that I pulled out of my Math binder, it was hilarious, he was like WTF? LOL then the rest of the kids did the same thing

The thing is, if Kareem was just dressed a little better, and was with a more attractive chick (She was short and kinda fat), I would have known it was him for sure.
Spencer Tillman does a great Hulk Hogan imitation and would come out at Oiler camp before practice to entertain the crowd and sign autographs afterwards.

He worked out at my gym after his stint in San Francisco and would do the unforgiveable. After a set on a weight machine, he'd pull out a paperback book and read a couple of pages then do another set. Bro please.
Steelers suck ass!! Do you wanna make a bet DED on which team will have the most wins? Oh,....wait, I forgot, you still haven't paid up from last year.....lmfao.... Originally Posted by Satin
The actual bet was if the Texans or the Steelers don't make the playoffs, I owe you or you owe me...both teams made the playoffs last year sooooo...

SB teams since the Texans first full season in 2002...

2012 XLVI New York Giants v New England Patriots 21-17
2011 XLV Green Bay Packers v Pittsburgh Steelers 31-25
2010 XLIV New Orleans Saints v Indianapolis Colts 31–17
2009 XLIII Pittsburgh Steelers v Arizona Cardinals 27-23
2008 XLII New York Giants v New England Patriots 17-14
2007 XLI Indianapolis Colts v Chicago Bears 29-17
2006 XL Pittsburgh v Seattle 21-10
2005 XXXIX New England v Philadelphia 24-21
2004 XXXVIII New England v Carolina 32-29
2003 XXXVII Tampa Bay v Oakland 48-21

WIN a SB...hell, MAKE a SB then you can talk all the shit you want
Pissburgh? Bah!

A case could be made for y'all losing all three of those Super Bowls. I guess paying the refs off has its value.
Ahhh, another HATER...join the club Creed!