NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Ain't nobody high around here, history don't lie and Texans got one when it comes down to clutch time, they're gonna drop ball once again but hey! Whatever rocks people's boat! Lol!! True blue all the way!!!
Say creed,im with you on texans easy schedule.They oughta go at least 11-5,and win their division,but to get to new orleans,they are gonna need to have homefield throughout the playoffs. Colts rebuilding,Jags starting over,and Titans have no recievers&a second year Quarterback,(which is the reason chris johnson isnt doing shit for me In my league,because of 8-9 man defensive lines)Im not even gonna start on the cowboys schedule,since we have 6 of 9 to start the season on the road...We'll be lucky to go 10-6....
  • Satin
  • 09-15-2012, 10:52 AM
RC, you think the Texans have an easy schedule? Dude, are you serious??

Week 3...at Broncos
Week 5....at Jets
Week 6...host Packers
Week 7...host Ravens
Week 9...host Bills
Week 10...at Bears
Week 14...at Patriots

I agree, the division is not tough as it used to be because most of teams are rebuilding, but the teams they play outside the division are not easy by any means.
Let me guess...you're a Cowgirl fan?
YES BABE I CAN!!!
  • klutz
  • 09-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Naturally it's Cowboys fans saying we have an easy schedule. If you'd like, say we have an easy Division... we'll all agree with you... as far as everyone else we have to play? No... it's not an easy schedule at all. Almost every single one made it to the playoffs... a couple went to the 2nd to last game... one made it to the big game.

As far as the Cowboys schedule... yeah, you got a rough one. 2 weeks ago I would have said that Tampa and the Browns would be an automatic win... but after seeing how well the Bucs played the other day, that may be a tad optimistic. Either way, if you guys keep on playing as good as you did against the Giants in the opening game then you should have a damn good year... I'm really impressed with your improved secondary. I think you have a good chance to beat Seattle... mostly tho, I'm just excited to see you all go up against the Redskins... especially if it's anything near as good as the Was vs NO game.
How about we just go with some FACTS....

Both the Cowboys, the Steelers and DAMN near every other team except 3 have a tougher schedule than the Texans
Sure, you could say that the division is easier than the schedule. It's probably more accurate as well. The thing is, the rest of the division have to play most of those teams, too. The Texans will win the division, simply by losing fewer games. Even if you just do OK with those tough games (win half of them), you're in the playoffs unless you just bottom out.

Just save your energy and go 9-7, then try to heat up like the Giants.
  • Satin
  • 09-15-2012, 05:51 PM
RC, that's fair, I totally respect that.

DED, on the other hand....man quit hating bro! Damn!! That's why the Jets are gonna beat the shit of your Steelers this week. Scared huh? lol
Facts homie...FACTS

I see none of you Texan Fans thought enough to look up the strength of schedule for this year
I looked at those rankings. I can't say I trust them. I'm pretty sure the Cowboys' schedule is tougher than that.

The only thing I can think that they did was go by current records (everyone is either 1-0 or 0-1....mostly).
The only thing I can think that they did was go by current records (everyone is either 1-0 or 0-1....mostly). Originally Posted by Rambro Creed
They go by last years records...
  • klutz
  • 09-15-2012, 08:06 PM
lol... naturally the Cowboys are going to have a rough schedule... your division is rough... and it just got harder with RG3 coming to town... I wont argue that...

Dude, when you pull stats, dont do it from a site that looks worse than a 13 year olds myspace page... lol... http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-of-schedule

Numbers are about right... but if you go by the column on the far right... "Quality Opponents"... it's "vs teams with 9+ wins" last year... Which is probably the more important number here beings that most teams will end up playing backups their last couple games if they've secured a spot in the Playoffs. So what are we really talkin here? A difference of 1 or 2 games won/lost in opponents? Not too much disparity there.

The real question that should be asked is why the hell does New England get the EASIEST schedule in the whole f'ing league! lol... they only have to play 4 Quality Opponents?!
Dude, when you pull stats, dont do it from a site that looks worse than a 13 year olds myspace page... lol... http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...th-of-schedule
! Originally Posted by klutz
Uh...FAIL

Both sites have the Texans at #29...next time you wanna make a point, try harder
  • Satin
  • 09-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Dude, don't y'all see what's going on? DED is such a Texans hater he will go to any lengths to try to find some dumb shit to talk about. Anything to take the pressure off his loser ass Steelers. Dude too damn scared to bet me straight up on who will have the best record this year. That tells you all you need to know. Oh, I forgot he did straight up admit the Texans were a better team...lol

Now you know you're a straight up hater when you name your fantasy football team " The Texans Suck"....yep, that's his FF team name. Sad, isn't it?

For the record, Texans fans don't give a damn about Shittsburgh. We just don't care. All we do is beat the shit out of them everytime we play them (Oct last year) then we forget about those black and yellow losers.

Dude, you need to concentrate on Mark Sanchez and the Jets tomorrow instead of looking for some whack ass site that looks at "strength of schedule".... What are you gonna throw out next? I see an 0-2 in your near future playboy...
That's what I'm talking about Cat-Man, you understand football and realize what he's saying makes no sense. Let's try to keep it in the year 2012 please....geez!!! Originally Posted by Satin
All we do is beat the shit out of them everytime we play them (Oct last year) then we forget about those black and yellow losers. Originally Posted by Satin

I wouldn't say "every time" and I thought we weren't talking about the past playa....