Enough is Enough

"At the same time, if we, as a community, make it know that we do not want that kind of behavior and call it out when it happens, we can then make a difference."

Sorry but the rest of us have yet to hear this chorus of We's .

Make a difference bwahahahahaha !
I still think you're a troll.... but whatever dude.
Head this is Wall....Wall meet Head. You two have a nice time banging away.
  • Trey
  • 09-13-2013, 05:57 PM
You expect to much from a bunch of degenerats. The place if full of hoes and tricks. Dumb shit is gonna be said and gonna go down. Just keep your real life far from this shit. You can't shine a turd. Don't try.
What would the world be like without pricks?
chicagoboy - Thanks for the link. I had not read that previously. I am hoping this is different than that one. I have not read it all but, that thread seemed a little over the top with accusations, supposition, and felt almost violent in the way the OP presented his issues. I am trying to keep it simple. I am still in awe of how hard people fight for the right to trash others. Originally Posted by Adabear
I had hoped someone as sensitive and perceptive as Build-A-Bear would have grasped why I brought up Raphael's thread: The Lynch Mob of guttersnipes - whose behavior Raphy so decried - is still here, merrily posting away, while Raphy himself has been banned into the after-life.

Hitting the RTM whenever others' posts do not comport with one's own notions of respectfulness and congeniality is probably just going to irritate the mods, who so disappointed Raphael.
I'll be the exception to that....I understand you quite well, a bit too well perhaps Originally Posted by Valerie
Of course you do, that's why I love you.

If the Mutant Ninja Turtle were here, he would put a good ass wuppin on Wakeup right about now..........sigh.........how I long for the good old days. Originally Posted by dearhunter
You know, you're buying lunch for all this shit...
heh
Thank u for saying this.
OD - If I am understanding you correctly, you say that you already show respect and are nice to people. If that is the case (I have not scanned your post) then it seems we can agree on basic respect for all. I do understand your point about taking freedom from people. Again, I asking for people to be nicer. They still have a choice not to. If people choose to be rude, that is their prerogative. At the same time, if we, as a community, make it know that we do not want that kind of behavior and call it out when it happens, we can then make a difference. We will still get a few people who insist on doing things the way they want but, if they are held to the rules of the board, and people RTM the posts, they will not be around long.
Originally Posted by Adabear
The professional assholes around here are very good at posting without violating the board guidelines. It's not against the "rules" to be mean.
#3 - Disrespect to others, IN GENERAL, will be considered an item of low tolerance, especially when posting in our coed forums. Follow the Golden Rule and treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. This applies to fellow members as well as staff. We do not require that you have respect for us, but we do require that you treat us respectfully in the public forums. If you feel the need to vent, gripe, or blow off some steam regarding a staff member's action or decision, we ask that you keep it private. Email, RTM, or the PM system would be the appropriate avenue to take in such cases. In cases where you would like to request additional clarity about a staff decision, you are free to pursue an answer in either a public forum or private means of communication. If handled publicly, post your inquiry in a respectful manner.
#4 - Blatant insults or hostility toward another member will be met with staff intervention. This applies to using our coed forums for name calling, personal attacks, or vulgar slang terms to describe fellow members. If you have legitimate concerns about another member here, share them tactfully in the appropriate private forums or with staff.
Hahahahahaha fuck the rules !
Trying to get people to ban together to change this site is like trying to get guys to ban together to change provider's rates....
Very well said Ada
  • BDD
  • 09-14-2013, 06:13 AM
#3 - Disrespect to others, IN GENERAL, will be considered an item of low tolerance, especially when posting in our coed forums. Follow the Golden Rule and treat others as you wish to be treated yourself. This applies to fellow members as well as staff. We do not require that you have respect for us, but we do require that you treat us respectfully in the public forums. If you feel the need to vent, gripe, or blow off some steam regarding a staff member's action or decision, we ask that you keep it private. Email, RTM, or the PM system would be the appropriate avenue to take in such cases. In cases where you would like to request additional clarity about a staff decision, you are free to pursue an answer in either a public forum or private means of communication. If handled publicly, post your inquiry in a respectful manner.
#4 - Blatant insults or hostility toward another member will be met with staff intervention. This applies to using our coed forums for name calling, personal attacks, or vulgar slang terms to describe fellow members. If you have legitimate concerns about another member here, share them tactfully in the appropriate private forums or with staff. Originally Posted by OneInAMillion
Based on a recent attack I experienced on the boards, I would have to throw down the BS card on this and say this certainly isn't enforced...certainly not in the Houston Coed forum.

Oh well...no big deal...one pulls up their jock strap and hobbies on.

The only rules I have seen enforced with any consistancy are:

1. No outing of personal info
2. No reference to anything undersge
3. No sharing PM or e-mail

High drama threads draw readership , so they are allowed, regardless of what is said, so long as 1 thru 3 above is followed.
I just wanted a reason to post this.

darth.jpg

BTW, I think that this is one of the least hostile and productive conversations we've had in a while. Like Ebony & Ivory. There is hope for us yet!