Sending prayers for Israel

2 facts

The radical factions in gaza and west Bank are not welcome in other Muslim countries. Not one will take in these extremists. Fact one

Imagine you live in a country roughly the size of jersey. ALL of your neighbor's hate you. Some. Want to exterminate you. Fact two.

The extremists in this area for generations have been taught death to Israel.
The Israelis are taught to survive.

I have spent considerable time in this region. I know a little bit. Originally Posted by winn dixie
All you really know about is the tensions between the Muslims and Israel. Israel the country has only been established for Seventy five Years there's more to it than just squabbles between Israel and radical Muslims.
All you really know about is the tensions between the Muslims and Israel. Israel the country has only been established for Seventy five Years there's more to it than just squabbles between Israel and radical Muslims. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Israel was a country and kingdom in the past. Palestine was a name given to the area by the Romans out of spite towards the Jews after the second uprising. It included land that is now Jordan, Syria, and Iraq. Palestine has never been the name of a country. It was more of an amorphous geographical area, like "midwest" in the US.
Israel was a country and kingdom in the past. Palestine was a name given to the area by the Romans out of spite towards the Jews after the second uprising. It included land that is now Jordan, Syria, and Iraq. Palestine has never been the name of a country. It was more of an amorphous geographical area, like "midwest" in the US. Originally Posted by Ducbutter

quite right. well worth remembering the history of the region. also reinforces how big of a mistake it was in 1947 when the palestinian arabs were offered a nation of their own including control of Jerusalem which they had no hand in founding. all because they couldn't abide a nation of Israel.
Yep
  • Tiny
  • 10-15-2023, 10:12 PM
Sending prayers is all well and good. Please do. But there are other things we should send as well to eradicate terrorists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZx_TokIHdI

At this point, I sort of wish that the Iranians had not heeded Regan's demand to free the hostages back on his inauguration day. He would have changed the Iranian map long ago. Originally Posted by FesteredUncle
Hell yeah! Let's send all our lawyers to Israel, Gaza and the West Bank! Except Blackman, we'll keep him.
Israel was a country and kingdom in the past. Palestine was a name given to the area by the Romans out of spite towards the Jews after the second uprising. It included land that is now Jordan, Syria, and Iraq. Palestine has never been the name of a country. It was more of an amorphous geographical area, like "midwest" in the US. Originally Posted by Ducbutter
Well I am not sure how far in the past you're talking about but during Biblical times the region was called Canaan which the tribes of Israel conquered. In the Bible the Original Covenant with God was called "Israel" signifying the spiritually adopted children with God. Although the region wasn't known as a Palestinian State during British rule before 1948 the whole region was known as Palestine.
This woman gives a pretty good historical synopsis of events in the following video of less than 20 minutes.

Probably worth noting that the guy she mentions, Amin Al Husseini, was a Nazi sympathiser.
Here's some added context. About ten minutes.

You'll have to visit YouTube as it's disallowed from playing outside of there.
Very informative posts Duc. Its criminal how the middle east treats people, especially Jewish people. And the fact that they are not condemned directly for it by policy or by eliminating aid to those who are anti-Semitic is another question I don't think we as a society understand. If you put another term (insert ethnicity here) and were anti that group, the outrage would likely be very different.

There's no room for that shit today. - I do believe in judging people based on their actions and while I think the Israeli' s are entitled to defend themselves, it's a bad look to see the collateral damage that is happening and defeats the actual reason. Its the reality of gorilla warfare when your enemy hides in the ranks of the innocent (or not so innocent, but passive participants in the hatred of the state of Israel.

No really good fixes outside of let them sort it out I guess.
Well, I think what the Israelis are doing is more along the lines of letting God sort them out.

I personally don’t have much sympathy for the folks in either Gaza or the West Bank. They continued to cheer on and tacitly support attacks into Israel. They also helped actively to hide members of Hamas and Hezbollah.

Sure there are a lot of innocent people that will die. They also didn’t do anything to get rid of the anti-Israel element and instead helped foment this continued violence. Even now, Hezbollah is firing rockets into Israel creating what will likely become a two front war and sadly maybe even engulf additional nations.
Good post blackman
Very informative posts Duc. Its criminal how the middle east treats people, especially Jewish people. And the fact that they are not condemned directly for it by policy or by eliminating aid to those who are anti-Semitic is another question I don't think we as a society understand. If you put another term (insert ethnicity here) and were anti that group, the outrage would likely be very different.

There's no room for that shit today. - I do believe in judging people based on their actions and while I think the Israeli' s are entitled to defend themselves, it's a bad look to see the collateral damage that is happening and defeats the actual reason. Its the reality of gorilla warfare when your enemy hides in the ranks of the innocent (or not so innocent, but passive participants in the hatred of the state of Israel.

No really good fixes outside of let them sort it out I guess. Originally Posted by eyecu2
Nothing to argue with there, sir. The Israelis aren't blameless in their treatment of Gaza but the real atrocities are perpetrated by the Arabs.
Elon Musk posted this 9 year old SNL clip
https://twitter.com/i/status/1712352657090707625
Sound familiar?