COVID-19 is serious, not a subject for pranks

regarding aspartame.. i think they are lying about that one.

its not what from i've read about a doctors account with president teddy roosevelt. TR was quite a fat guy and he was trying to lose some weight. doctor asked what he was taking to lose weight, TR said he was taking aspartame. Dr. almost had a heart attack upon hearing it. aspartame comes from tar and its poison when in-digested. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Aspartame has been studied extensively and is not a cancer causing agent, even in relatively high doses - 5-10 packets per day. I don't advocate it except to replace sugar, by which I mean processed sugar, which is essentially poison to the body.

People talk about losing weight but what they mean is they likely wish to lose fat. If the number on the scale goes down but it was all muscle loss, what good is that? Eat healthy, retain or build muscle, and create a slight calorie deficit to burn fat. Choose weightlifting over running, but do a minimum amount needed of running/aerobic exercise to condition the cardiovascular system.

When you get to your maintenance weight, you want to build small amounts of muscle and lose small amounts of fat - i.e. reapportioning. Even old fuckers can build muscle and improve the bodyfat ratio.

The more muscle you have, the more DPST punks you can pound into the dirt when required.
I'm not surprised with that level of training you could burn massive amounts of calories and need high energy density foods. I wouldn't even know how to advise someone like Michael Phelps who burns 12,000 calories a day how to eat nutritiously for all of those calories but I guess he blends a massive amount of fruit into smoothies along with a lot of nuts and dried fruit?

I think as you age more weight lifting is a better idea than massive amounts of aerobic type exercises. I personally weight lift 3 times a week and only jog twice a week for that very reason. I eat a lot of protein (meat) to build muscle to go along with the weight lifting. You want to lose fat, not weight. You want to retain muscle.

Back when you were running competitively I would imagine if you did that well (those are exceptional times) eating whatever you wanted (and you obviously burned it all off with that percentage of body fat) then you could have done even a small amount better with a meticulously crafted nutritious diet assuming it didn't interfere with your psychological motivation.

People often ask me that very question when they go out to eat with me - how do you enjoy life when you never have a candy bar, never eat chips, never have a roll or a cookie, only eat whole wheat grains, don't add butter or sugar to anything, no alcohol, obviously don't smoke, no sugary sodas, no ice cream, no french fries, if I have to have a pizza I get a meat lovers pizza and just scrap off the meat, black coffee, sugar free RedBull, etc.

It is a very complicated set of reasons I do it - starting with unhealthy food is not worth it to me, no matter how good it tastes. I feel exceptionally good and proper nutrition fuels my workouts and lets me take my anger at the world out on the weights, the punching bag, the kicking target, the hill I'm running up (though the hills around here suck) and perhaps best of all - in person very few people fuck with me.

I have lost the occasional fight in life and once I've gotten over the initial pain the main problem is the long recovery time interferes with my workouts because you just don't heal as fast.

Beyond that it has a massively positive impact on my quality of life. I can do almost anything I could do physically when I was a kid and with no pain, and I can hike for miles, lift heavy shit, snow ski, water ski, play dodgeball with the kids - in short, no physical limitations and that is what matters to me more than occasionally and transiently enjoying food. Originally Posted by friendly fred
My workout regimen goal is lift 5 days a week, cycle 5 days a week. Sundays off. Average about 75 minutes per workout. If I had to give up one of the two activities for some strange reason, it would be the weights. On that we disagree. While weightlifting has many benefits, the aerobic cycling I do has many more benefits in my opinion. And by aerobic, I mean averaging 80% of your maximum heart rate for a miniumum of 30 minutes, with maximum heart rate being 220 minus your age (approximately).

I turned 74 a week ago. I hope to be following my exercise regimen for many years to come. Would like to return to the track if my achilles tendons will allow it. A number of my friends, younger than me, have given up 2 wheel motorcycles for trikes.

What is most important is you (not you personally) have to find enjoyment in life. Obviously we both enjoy exercise. I also enjoy food. lol. I have my yearly physical in 3 weeks. If my bad cholesterol count or blood sugar is high, I will adjust my diet. My one weakness is drinking colas.

Keep up the good work.
Aspartame has been studied extensively and is not a cancer causing agent, even in relatively high doses - 5-10 packets per day. I don't advocate it except to replace sugar, by which I mean processed sugar, which is essentially poison to the body.

People talk about losing weight but what they mean is they likely wish to lose fat. If the number on the scale goes down but it was all muscle loss, what good is that? Eat healthy, retain or build muscle, and create a slight calorie deficit to burn fat. Choose weightlifting over running, but do a minimum amount needed of running/aerobic exercise to condition the cardiovascular system.

When you get to your maintenance weight, you want to build small amounts of muscle and lose small amounts of fat - i.e. reapportioning. Even old fuckers can build muscle and improve the bodyfat ratio.

The more muscle you have, the more DPST punks you can pound into the dirt when required. Originally Posted by friendly fred

LOLLING
My workout regimen goal is lift 5 days a week, cycle 5 days a week. Sundays off. Average about 75 minutes per workout. If I had to give up one of the two activities for some strange reason, it would be the weights. On that we disagree. While weightlifting has many benefits, the aerobic cycling I do has many more benefits in my opinion. And by aerobic, I mean averaging 80% of your maximum heart rate for a miniumum of 30 minutes, with maximum heart rate being 220 minus your age (approximately).

I turned 74 a week ago. I hope to be following my exercise regimen for many years to come. Would like to return to the track if my achilles tendons will allow it. A number of my friends, younger than me, have given up 2 wheel motorcycles for trikes.

What is most important is you (not you personally) have to find enjoyment in life. Obviously we both enjoy exercise. I also enjoy food. lol. I have my yearly physical in 3 weeks. If my bad cholesterol count or blood sugar is high, I will adjust my diet. My one weakness is drinking colas.

Keep up the good work. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
If you are hitting 150 BPM for 30 minutes, you are doing well.

Keep up the good work!
hoe-rider.

where's your boytoy? don't you have a butt plug session with bwk?
hoe-rider.

where's your boytoy? don't you have a butt plug session with bwk? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Fucking loser.

How comes yous aren’t dead yet? I figured the way yous behaves in this thread would have cause the Good lord to smites you already.
Fucking loser.

How comes yous aren’t dead yet? I figured the way yous behaves in this thread would have cause the Good lord to smites you already. Originally Posted by HoeHummer

why would i be dead?

the word you're looking for is smitten.

yous deserves to be smited upside downs and sideways.

oh btw, the pw to the gates to the stinky pit is oink oink.
Fucking loser.

How comes yous aren’t dead yet? I figured the way yous behaves in this thread would have cause the Good lord to smites you already. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider is a
I liked his post and felt it was appropriate and topical with excellent wit.
If you are hitting 150 BPM for 30 minutes, you are doing well.

Keep up the good work! Originally Posted by friendly fred
220 - my age is 146 MAXIMUM heart rate. 80% of that is about 117. But these are guidelines, not facts.

I try to keep my heart rate at 130 bpm on average while cycling.

To relate this discussion to the coronavirus. the virus attacks the lungs. The stronger one's cardiovascular system and lungs the more one can fight off the virus. I doubt there is anything like being immune, but since it seems the death rate is higher among older and more frail individuals, the healthier one is the more likely it will be to survive the virus.
220 - my age is 146 MAXIMUM heart rate. 80% of that is about 117. But these are guidelines, not facts.

I try to keep my heart rate at 130 bpm on average while cycling.

To relate this discussion to the coronavirus. the virus attacks the lungs. The stronger one's cardiovascular system and lungs the more one can fight off the virus. I doubt there is anything like being immune, but since it seems the death rate is higher among older and more frail individuals, the healthier one is the more likely it will be to survive the virus. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
That is still damn good and I agree - strong lungs greatly improves your chance at surviving if you get the COVID-19 which originated in Wuhan, China.
I turned 74 a week ago. I hope to be following my exercise regimen for many years to come. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Dude, just keep doing what you are doing at your age. Fuck worrying about losing the 15 pounds and just enjoy your life unless you have hypertension and if so, then lose the weight. Don't sweat it. Keep doing what you are doing and be well and be safe my friend.
Dude, just keep doing what you are doing at your age. Fuck worrying about losing the 15 pounds and just enjoy your life unless you have hypertension and if so, then lose the weight. Don't sweat it. Keep doing what you are doing and be well and be safe my friend. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Like many others, I simply look forward to the day we are free to get out of our homes with little worry.
We can NOW !!!
One thing I learned fighting wars.... Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
How many did you fight?