Star Wars , Bond, Moby Dick and other holiday Blockbusters

The over all responses have been - it's good. And hat varies between its a solid good - to good but not what I had hoped for. Originally Posted by cr76
Put me in the "not what I had hoped for camp"...It was okay. I saw it in 3D last night at an advanced screening just so I wouldn't have to deal with spoilers all around me.

Maybe it was the anticipation, but I expected better. It was good, I agree, but I thought it would be a lot better.

I would recommended it tho, because it sets up the next one.

• cr76
  • 12-18-2015, 07:03 PM
Put me in the "not what I had hoped for camp"...It was okay. I saw it in 3D last night at an advanced screening just so I wouldn't have to deal with spoilers all around me.

Maybe it was the anticipation, but I expected better. It was good, I agree, but I thought it would be a lot better.

I would recommended it tho, because it sets up the next one.

Originally Posted by Island_Gent
Very smart,

I'm sorry to say - I have had at least one surprise ruined for me by the internet. Oh well, I don't know how it occurs, so it may still be somewhat of a surprise, just wished the news outlets had waited till Monday to discuss.

I have heard, that it leaves you craving more. Will find out - fourteen hours left.
Very smart,

I'm sorry to say - I have had at least one surprise ruined for me by the internet. Oh well, I don't know how it occurs, so it may still be somewhat of a surprise, just wished the news outlets had waited till Monday to discuss.

I have heard, that it leaves you craving more. Will find out - fourteen hours left. Originally Posted by cr76
Which one????
Han Solo getting killed by his own son Ren???
  • cr76
  • 12-20-2015, 10:52 AM
I had a feeling you were going to troll this form.
  • cr76
  • 12-20-2015, 11:04 AM
Star wars was good for the most part. It's not the next coming, like some have made it out to be. Visual effects were excellent, music was good. Casting was good and it was great to see Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill back in their iconic roles. The film just lacked some of the "oooommph" of the original. Some scenes just didn't have the impact that they should. Overall, a vast improvement over the prequels and you are left wanting more in the end.
Meh, I didn't think it matched the hype that led up to it. I agree it was good to see the old actors back in character. They weren't just token appearances but necessary to the story line.
For the most part though, if you've seen episode 4 you've seen 7 with a couple of role changes...gender and race.
The ending is good and certainly sets up episode 8 but it was a little too over the top dramatic.

I saw it in 3D That didn't really enhance it for me.
  • cr76
  • 12-20-2015, 02:09 PM
3D was lacking but even JJ Abrams said that was a studio decision and the film wasn't meant to be in 3D. I did see it in IMAX though and when it went to the IMAX footage (millennium falcon chase on Jakku) that was pretty cool. Just wish he had shot more footage with the IMAX cameras
I cAn say it was better than the prequels. I have mixed reviews on Ren, I wish he hadn't taken off his mask. Lots of questions that need answers, but that's a good thing. Overall, JJ did a great job.
By the way, if your into Piratebay, the screener was just released for movies that aren't even in theaters yet, like Revenant, the hateful 8, etc, unless your morals are against pirating, lmao!....lol, morals...I crack myself up, brb, imma go play with myself.
Which one????
Han Solo getting killed by his own son Ren??? Originally Posted by jayc987
^^^^^^SMH...To avoid this kinda thing is why I saw it early and tuned out all social media the day of.

I did enjoy "Creed". It was almost like seeing the original "Rocky" with a modern twist but I enjoyed it.
  • cr76
  • 12-21-2015, 06:01 AM
^^^^^^SMH...To avoid this kinda thing is why I saw it early and tuned out all social media the day of.

Originally Posted by Island_Gent
Smart move - it looks like that's what you may have to do to see the film fresh.
  • cr76
  • 12-21-2015, 06:00 PM
Seeing Concussion with Will Smith Tonight
Seeing Concussion with Will Smith Tonight Originally Posted by cr76
Definitely on my list...looking forward to your feedback.

• cr76
  • 12-21-2015, 10:59 PM
Concussion was a good movie. Will Smith heads into "Pursuit of happyness territory" instead of poverty though, it's the negligence of the NFL he is trying to overcome. the film never feels draggy and is engrossing, moving and entertaining. There is also a terrific supporting cast, consisting of Alec Baldwin, Albert Brooks, GuGu Mbatha raw and luke wilson ( as shit head NFL commissioner Roger Goodell) Concussion is thought provoking and a must see movie of the year.