When people are allowed to say idiotic things unchallenged

i will provide links later. Jesus was killed by Jews. Originally Posted by ninasastri
Talk about opening a can of worms.
Talk about opening a can of worms. Originally Posted by discreetgent
LOL - I'd never considered the irony. Martin Luther was at Worms when he opened a can of worms.
Jesus was killed by Jews?

The history of Jesus' death is a complicated one.

That sentence fed into dogma, was used to justify the persecution and slaughter of the Jewish people for centuries, and it nearly ended in their genocide.

Wow. Can't believe I read that on this board. Time for a hiatus for me. We've just taken a downward plummet I find unjustifiable.
I'm curious as to where you got those facts on Catholicism? To say Pius XII did not do enough might hold water and to a due point some complicity (but then prior to the onset of WWII, there were a lot complicitous parties) but to say they were a reason for the holocaust. I'm intrigued. Please. Originally Posted by Sa_artman
+1 I was similarly perplexed.

That sentence fed into dogma, was used to justify the persecution and slaughter of the Jewish people for centuries, and it nearly ended in their genocide.

Wow. Can't believe I read that on this board. Time for a hiatus for me. We've just taken a downward plummet I find unjustifiable. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
Instead of saying what you find unjustifiable it would be more constructive to rather think of a better argument, honey? If you don`t have a better one, it might be unjustifiable to talk about something as unjustifiable coming from a woman who claims science is a dogma and does not even have the guts to admit she is plain wrong! Sorry, but if an argument is not good, then bring better points and arguments instead of just being passive aggressive that something i say is unjustifiable! Why would it be unjustifiable? In a discussion you always say why you make your arguments. You hardly do that, and that is just an observation and no offense. If i say science is not dogma i proof it with arguments. If i say something is unjustifiable, then say why that would be. That is what is called discussion, dearest Lauren! You being passive-aggressive and bashing without bringing better points is not really :-) (Hey Mod!! See! I am a poor poor victim - i got attacked - lol)

And statements like that might trigger why people make offensive statements to what you have to say.

So, Jesus was not killed by Jews? Then say something better and start making points instead of bashing me, that is what people who are capable of leading a discussion usually do! Merci beaucop! Unlike you i can handle being called a biatch if someone has really good arguments to proof it! Just telling me i am a biatch doesn`t really get me horny, sweetheart! ;-) I wanna hear a little more of that dirty talking to get me off ;-)
i will provide links later. Jesus was killed by Jews. that is one reason of why the catholic church was not really doing something against Hitler either. They were not exactly disagreeing. I am travelling right now. Links later. Originally Posted by ninasastri
Ms nina I dont believe you were there during the time Jesus's death happened so please dont open that can of worms on here.

I think there is a way to tell the truth but still remaining respectful, will you please everyone when you say the truth? No! However its usually the way you say things that affects the way someone responds or reacts.
i will provide links later. Jesus was killed by Jews. that is one reason of why the catholic church was not really doing something against Hitler either. They were not exactly disagreeing. I am travelling right now. Links later. Originally Posted by ninasastri

Wow. Can't believe I read that on this board. Time for a hiatus for me. We've just taken a downward plummet I find unjustifiable. Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
Actually, Nina, Lauren is more right than you are. Jesus was killed by the Roman Empire. The Jews had no authority to impose the death penalty. Pontius Pilate, who issued the crucifixion decree, found no fault in Jesus. He was willing to set one of those under the death penalty free. Yes, the crowd chose to set the thief free, and urged the crucifixion of Jesus. Historical rumor has it that the crowd had been infiltrated with people who would urge Jesus crucifixion, and all it took was a few people who yelled, "Crucify him, crucify him," before the crowd took up the yell also.

It's the way most mobs work.

I understand the Catholic Church's traditional position. I just don't agree that it is based on fact.
no comment!
I read/was told Jesus was killed by Jews.

Sorry to those that think otherwise!

None of you were there when was he was killed so it is plain just plain stupid to argue who is right or wrong.
Racism and bigotry is vile and disgusting - it has no place on D & T
ddp
here is one link.
http://www.levitt.com/essays/forgiven2.html Originally Posted by ninasastri
I hardly think that counts as fact or backs your assertion...or is it your first hand knowledge?. Better Google faster...maybe try Bing. I think the 3 million plus Catholics who also lost their lives in the holocaust are dying to get the facts straight.
Racism and bigotry is vile and disgusting - it has no place on D & T Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill
what are you talking about? who is a racist and who is a bigot? as i said for a discussion it is necessary to bring references! Everyone else seems to do that. You seem to make statements like that all the time, no offense. If you call someone a racist or a bigot then bring references to proof your point. Otherwise i`d say this is plain rude and out of any context, isnīt it?

Talking about "place on D & T" i`d also say statements without references just as yours have no place either, right? Because someone that is able to have a discussion would not bring judgemental statements without references either? If i call something bigotry and racist then make valid points. Other than that such a statement is worthless at best and rude at worst, right?That is not having a discussion, its what i would call masturbatory writing, which means just to say something rather than nothing, even if the content of the "something" is as much as nothing? No offense.
Actually, Nina, Lauren is more right than you are. Jesus was killed by the Roman Empire. The Jews had no authority to impose the death penalty. Pontius Pilate, who issued the crucifixion decree, found no fault in Jesus. He was willing to set one of those under the death penalty free. Yes, the crowd chose to set the thief free, and urged the crucifixion of Jesus. Historical rumor has it that the crowd had been infiltrated with people who would urge Jesus crucifixion, and all it took was a few people who yelled, "Crucify him, crucify him," before the crowd took up the yell also.

It's the way most mobs work.

I understand the Catholic Church's traditional position. I just don't agree that it is based on fact. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I have my references from the article on Karma i researched years ago. There was some argument with the new agey Dalai Lama who claimed that the Jews had it coming Karma wise (which makes Dalai Lama a Nazi as well) because Jesus was killed by Jews.
So i admit my research was not made profound enough. And Dalai Lama was wrong with the Jews and the Karma as well. :-)

PS: i don`t see Lauren as being right on anything because - unlike you - she did not make statements. She just bashed me...HEY MOD!! I got bashed ! Help me!! I am a poor poor victim! Which is especially interesting because she claims on being offended by my rudeness and i say the pot is calling the kettle black and here is the proof!

Lauren constantly makes statements like that without references on why something is the way she would say it is. That is not leading a discussion, really. If she said what you said, it would have been.