When Will You Get The COVID19 Vaccine?

• Tiny
  • 04-18-2021, 02:55 PM
I hate to be un-sympatatic but if I'm vaccinated ( and I am ) and there is little to no risk of me dying if I do get Covid, I don't care if those that chose not to get vaccinated die, their choice, it does not effect me. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
The problem is that you and I have are going to have to pay for Medicare, Obamacare and whatever else comes down the pipe related to the time the infected spend in the hospital. But then on the other hand maybe we won't have to shell out as much to save social security. So there could be a bright side to people dying sooner because of COVID.
people are still bitching about this

if you don't want covid either hide away in your home or get the vaccine

who tf cares what everyone else does

we are already paying for the massive fuck up the idiot government did to try and control this retarded shit show
I suspect your and my prediction of a 0.5% infection fatality ratio may not be too far off the mark. We were probably a bit low.

it's certainly less than 1 % overall. no matter how you run the numbers you can't get over 1%, not even close. if you intentionally skew the numbers, the math doesn't come out they way the powers that be wanted when they hyped this "death plague" on the world.

raise the intentionally inflated deaths to 750k and lower the total population to remove people who we know now are very unlikely to die to about 250m by exclusion of anyone under 30 and you get ..

that's three one thousands of one percent.

I like masks. I haven't had a cold since COVID started and I think that's why. I used to get 3 or 4 a year. I'm going to milk this for as long as I can, even though people are already starting to make fun of me for wearing a mask to restaurants. My pickup game has improved immensely. I'm able to hit on women longer before they flush me, because they don't know what I look like in the face.

While I agree with you about lockdowns, Fauci did a great service by getting people to take this seriously. More people masked up and social distanced and as a result lives were saved and more people felt safe about getting out and doing things and spending money.

Fauci is a huckster fraud. early on he said the virus wasn't a big concern for the US and people didn't need to wear masks. then suddenly he said it was a big deal. then when it was reported masks are not as effective as hyped (despite your "pick up" success bhaaa) here comes Fauci the fraud saying "two masks are more effective!"

remember that Fauci has vested interests in big pharma producing these vaccines. of course he's going to downplay existing potential treatments like HQC in order to push the vaccine so he can get his royalty loot. someone should investigate Fauci's interests and find out just how much money that fucktgard is making off this.

I also disagree about the vaccine being rendered useless by herd immunity. We're not there. We may never be, considering we don't know how long the immunity lasts from infections and the vaccine, and a lot of people won't get vaccinated both in the USA and other countries. Originally Posted by Tiny

aren't we? again if the 10 X estimate is true and for the sake of debate let's say it is .. the known infected of 32m now becomes 320 million. that approaches 98 percent.

if that has already happened as those reports indicate is possible, how many more in the "herd" do you need for "herd immunity"?

also recall how Fauci and others suddenly re-invented the 100 years of modern science on herd immunity. until all this started, the known science said several things. one is that lockdowns are not effective and in fact prolong a pandemic by preventing/delaying herd immunity.

another is that the typical minimum for herd immunity is about 70%. then suddenly it's 80-85%. next month it will be 90+%.

Fauci has also claimed, falsely and again contradicting about 100 years of data, that now herd immunity is only achieved by vaccinations, not by exposure.

Fauci is a fraud pushing an agenda.
  • Tiny
  • 04-18-2021, 03:44 PM
aren't we? again if the 10 X estimate is true and for the sake of debate let's say it is .. the known infected of 32m now becomes 320 million. that approaches 98 percent.

if that has already happened as those reports indicate is possible, how many more in the "herd" do you need for "herd immunity"?

also recall how Fauci and others suddenly re-invented the 100 years of modern science on herd immunity. until all this started, the known science said several things. one is that lockdowns are not effective and in fact prolong a pandemic by preventing/delaying herd immunity.

another is that the typical minimum for herd immunity is about 70%. then suddenly it's 80-85%. next month it will be 90+%.

Fauci has also claimed, falsely and again contradicting about 100 years of data, that now herd immunity is only achieved by vaccinations, not by exposure.

Fauci is a fraud pushing an agenda. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Up until they started vaccinating a lot of people, you could look at antibody tests and get an idea of how many people had been infected. Nowhere close to 98% have gotten it, as you know. Right now it's probably more like 25% or 30%. You assume 0.5% infection fatality rate, and 570,000 deaths, and you'd come up with 114 million people infected, or a little over 1/3rd of the population. Granted, add that to the number of people who've received at least one shot, 128 million, some of which already have had COVID, and we may be over 50% of the population with some immunity.

I know at least two people who have gotten COVID twice. And do believe the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are more effective than an infection in conferring immunity. I don't know about the other vaccines. I suspect the Chinese vaccine may be less effective.

If this is like the common cold or the flu we may never get to herd immunity, with or without vaccines. I think Fauci has said that. I don't think he's a fraud. He's just reacting to the additional knowledge that's been gained through time. And yeah, he was trained to think mostly about preventing deaths and not about preserving jobs or keeping the economy going, and he's biased in that direction.

I'd a lot rather get immunity through a vaccination than through getting the disease.

Trying to slow down the spread while we developed a vaccine turned out to be a good strategy. And that is due in no small part to the resources that the Trump administration put into developing and manufacturing vaccines. Just compare where we are right now to most of Europe.

raise the intentionally inflated deaths to 750k and lower the total population to remove people who we know now are very unlikely to die to about 250m by exclusion of anyone under 30 and you get ..

that's three one thousands of one percent.
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
That's actually three tenths of 1%, or 0.3%, or about 1 out of every three hundred people.
Up until they started vaccinating a lot of people, you could look at antibody tests and get an idea of how many people had been infected. Nowhere close to 98% have gotten it, as you know. Right now it's probably more like 25% or 30%. You assume 0.5% infection fatality rate, and 570,000 deaths, and you'd come up with 114 million people infected, or a little over 1/3rd of the population. Granted, add that to the number of people who've received at least one shot, 128 million, some of which already have had COVID, and we may be over 50% of the population with some immunity.

I know at least two people who have gotten COVID twice. And do believe the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are more effective than an infection in conferring immunity. I don't know about the other vaccines. I suspect the Chinese vaccine may be less effective.

If this is like the common cold or the flu we may never get to herd immunity, with or without vaccines. I think Fauci has said that. I don't think he's a fraud. He's just reacting to the additional knowledge that's been gained through time. And yeah, he was trained to think mostly about preventing deaths and not about preserving jobs or keeping the economy going, and he's biased in that direction.

I'd a lot rather get immunity through a vaccination than through getting the disease.

Trying to slow down the spread while we developed a vaccine turned out to be a good strategy. And that is due in no small part to the resources that the Trump administration put into developing and manufacturing vaccines. Just compare where we are right now to most of Europe.

That's actually three tenths of 1%, or 0.3%, or about 1 out of every three hundred people. Originally Posted by Tiny
You'll never get immunity. Covid-19 is in the Family of Corona viruses. They are responsible for the "Common Cold". They change quite often and you can't get the same "Cold" twice. Covid although out of the Ordinary it's still a Corona Virus. So with something like Covid-19 it really doesn't matter one way or the other if you take the vaccine or not you can always contract a mutated strain. If you haven't caught the original strain by now most likely you won't.
Trump did a great job getting the vaccines on board. Unfortunately he abdicated any role in reducing Covid spread starting last May, talking down the threat, mocking those who took Covid seriously.

and he was too big a Coward to let people know HE got vaccinated.

By the way, what the fuck was that Mussolini-like pose he struck, as he walked up the White House steps after his release from Walter Reed? Nobody ever explained. It was embarrasing to watch.
  • Tiny
  • 04-18-2021, 04:56 PM
You'll never get immunity. Covid-19 is in the Family of Corona viruses. They are responsible for the "Common Cold". They change quite often and you can't get the same "Cold" twice. Covid although out of the Ordinary it's still a Corona Virus. So with something like Covid-19 it really doesn't matter one way or the other if you take the vaccine or not you can always contract a mutated strain. If you haven't caught the original strain by now most likely you won't. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Hopefully you're wrong about this. Because if you're right, then COVID in the long term may be as big a threat to humanity as heart disease or cancer.

Supposedly your chances of getting COVID drop by about 90% with the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines and 50% if you've been infected. Pfizer in particular is effective against the variants.

But how long does the immunity last? Nobody knows.

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I think we can stay ahead of the variants with modifications to the vaccines and booster shots.

i said use 10 X as fact for example purposes. i didn't claim it was a fact. you've seen reports that state the actual infected could be 10 X the known. and this was well before any vaccine was rolled out. so your example above is mixing apples and oranges.

the antibody tests are junk. the inventor of the test himself has said anyone will test positive if they have recently had the common cold, flu or any other respiratory virus because they are all corona viruses including COVID.

Fauci has always been too accepting of data provided by China which is the most unreliable source you could possibly get. and as data from more legit sources came in and the real death became known, less than 1 percent, here was Fauci yelling "The DEATH PLAGUE! FEAR THE PLAGUE!": when that fuckhead knew it wasn't that deadly by then.

which the media will not acknowledge and in fact claimed was impossible to do. i won't bore you with any number of MSM "reports" saying this as you no doubt already know they did.

since typical development is years under normal circumstances no this was not the right idea. this would mean extended lockdowns for years. the cure would become more harmful than the disease. you can argue it already has given the economic impact and other factors like depression these lockdowns can cause.

even with the unprecedented effort it still could have taken years. Sweden did it right, despite the shameless false reporting by the press to claim otherwise to promote the narrative of lockdowns.

That's actually three tenths of 1%, or 0.3%, or about 1 out of every three hundred people. Originally Posted by Tiny

No. i meant three thousands of one percent not 0.3%. might have been slightly wrong to say "three one thousands" but the rate based on the numbers i used as example is " three thousands of one percent".
Trump did a great job getting the vaccines on board. Unfortunately he abdicated any role in reducing Covid spread starting last May, talking down the threat, mocking those who took Covid seriously.

and he was too big a Coward to let people know HE got vaccinated.

By the way, what the fuck was that Mussolini-like pose he struck, as he walked up the White House steps after his release from Walter Reed? Nobody ever explained. It was embarrasing to watch. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

Fauci talked down the threat at the same time-frame too. but you knew that right?

Trump was right this is not that big a deal. would you have preferred he came out at a press conference and started saying 10's of millions were going to die? come on, man! people would be jumping out of windows.

is that what you really think Trump should have done?
Hopefully you're wrong about this. Because if you're right, then COVID in the long term may be as big a threat to humanity as heart disease or cancer.

Supposedly your chances of getting COVID drop by about 90% with the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines and 50% if you've been infected. Pfizer in particular is effective against the variants.

But how long does the immunity last? Nobody knows.

Maybe I'm an optimist, but I think we can stay ahead of the variants with modifications to the vaccines and booster shots. Originally Posted by Tiny
At the start they toted a 95% effective rate. I am not buying that. Nothing is that good, nothing. In fact now that many people have been vaccinated with any of the vaccines available some strange side effects have been reported. They are being passed off as immune responses, I question that claim. A needle into a muscle swelling and slight pain at the injection sight for several hours or a day may be regarded as an immune response. Large scale swelling bruising and pain, headaches, nausea, overwhelming fatigue are just a few of the other side effects that have been reported just hours after being vaccinated those are not immune responses, something else is taking place. Johnson & Johnson has paused their vaccine program. In fact after administering their vaccine recipients were instructed to wait for about 15-20 minutes before leaving so their condition for any adversity can be monitored. That's a Big Red Flag to me. If I am wrong about these Vaccines, no harm done. If I am right, I pity the people who run into problems because the Vaccine Companies will never acknowledge their vaccine played a role. It may take a number of years before serious problems in people even manifest.
T R U M P won
T R U M P won Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong
  • Tiny
  • 04-18-2021, 08:30 PM
At the start they toted a 95% effective rate. I am not buying that. Nothing is that good, nothing. In fact now that many people have been vaccinated with any of the vaccines available some strange side effects have been reported. They are being passed off as immune responses, I question that claim. A needle into a muscle swelling and slight pain at the injection sight for several hours or a day may be regarded as an immune response. Large scale swelling bruising and pain, headaches, nausea, overwhelming fatigue are just a few of the other side effects that have been reported just hours after being vaccinated those are not immune responses, something else is taking place. Johnson & Johnson has paused their vaccine program. In fact after administering their vaccine recipients were instructed to wait for about 15-20 minutes before leaving so their condition for any adversity can be monitored. That's a Big Red Flag to me. If I am wrong about these Vaccines, no harm done. If I am right, I pity the people who run into problems because the Vaccine Companies will never acknowledge their vaccine played a role. It may take a number of years before serious problems in people even manifest. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Waiting 15 or 20 minutes in case a person has an allergic reaction is standard procedure with the majority of vaccines I think. A lot of the bitching about the effect of the COVID vaccines is coming from pussies and hypochondriacs. I don't buy that it's that bad. After the first shot my arm was mildly sore. After the second I had about half a degree of fever for 12 hours and that was it. That's happened to me a couple of times with the flu vaccine. The yellow fever and cholera vaccines were worse, maybe comparable to what some of my friends, the pussies and the hypochondriacs, complain about with the Covid shots. For all the vaccines, the side effects are well worth it to stand a better chance of avoiding the disease.

Even the risk of blood clots from the Johnson & Johnson, with one death out of 7 million people vaccinated, is well worth taking. At that rate, if you vaccinated everyone in the USA with J&J you'd have about 50 deaths. Compare to 570,000 dead so far from COVID. It just doesn't make sense not to get vaccinated.
Even the risk of blood clots from the Johnson & Johnson, with one death out of 7 million people vaccinated, is well worth taking. At that rate, if you vaccinated everyone in the USA with J&J you'd have about 50 deaths. Compare to 570,000 dead so far from COVID. It just doesn't make sense not to get vaccinated. Originally Posted by Tiny
Talked to my doc about that at my physical the other day. He even said that he thinks its weird. He thinks they're not telling the full story. To quote him not necessarily verbatim:

"All politics aside about differences between the last two administrations, the current one so far has been a lot less transparent than the last one, which is irritating. Pulling a vaccine over a less than 1 in a million chance of something doesn't make sense, and I think there's more to it that they haven't said."
  • Tiny
  • 04-18-2021, 09:01 PM
Talked to my doc about that at my physical the other day. He even said that he thinks its weird. He thinks they're not telling the full story. To quote him not necessarily verbatim:

"All politics aside about differences between the last two administrations, the current one so far has been a lot less transparent than the last one, which is irritating. Pulling a vaccine over a less than 1 in a million chance of something doesn't make sense, and I think there's more to it that they haven't said." Originally Posted by GastonGlock
I think it's because they're afraid the public won't think logically about it. A lot of people won't look at the 1 in 500 chance or whatever that they'll die of Covid without the vaccine, and instead focus on the one in 7 million chance they'll die from taking the vaccine. So when something like this gets out they want to do what they can to mitigate the bad publicity. And the fact that we've got plenty of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines to go around, thanks in no small part to Operation Warp Speed, is another reason.