NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

I use to talk about Schaub but I found this quote that summed me up..

I’ve always jumped in the “Schaub can’t throw it further than 30 yards” club but those 2 deep balls yesterday were incredibly beautiful throws.
He showed me. Deeper passes and he's also finding more than the same two or three guys out there. Hell four touchdown passes to four different receivers. Golden. His injury fixed my previous gripes! I'm also loving the extra use of Tate. I was worried Texans were going to to burn Arian out and look for their next big thing. I know the fantasy players aren't loving the Foster and Johnson picks. Last year they'd had all the points.

Everyone stays healthy, and they might go all the way. Couple more games until there really tested.

Sidenote: These refs are trash. There was so much helmet to helmet yesterday.
I use to talk about Schaub but I found this quote that summed me up..

He showed me. Deeper passes and he's also finding more than the same two or three guys out there. Hell four touchdown passes to four different receivers. Golden. His injury fixed my previous gripes! I'm also loving the extra use of Tate. I was worried Texans were going to to burn Arian out and look for their next big thing. I know the fantasy players aren't loving the Foster and Johnson picks. Last year they'd had all the points.

Everyone stays healthy, and they might go all the way. Couple more games until there really tested.

Sidenote: These refs are trash. There was so much helmet to helmet yesterday. Originally Posted by Blackbuddy05
I agree BB. Schaub's pass to Andre was 55-60 yards in the air yards and it hit Dre in full stride. It was a beautifully executed play. I never bought into the theory that Schaub does not have a good arm. His arm is not the strongest in the league but for the type of offense we run it doesn't have to be. Schaub may not not execute Kubes offense to perfection but he is damn close.

As for Schaub's propensity for injury, that is an issue. With that said, I do not question his toughness. He took a couple of tough hits yesterday, missed one play and came back in the game and did not miss a beat. If my memory serves me correctly, he broke his foot last year at the end of the first half but returned to play in the 2nd half and then found out later his foot was broken. The injury was a freak accident delivered by a cheap shot artist. I really do not need to say any more about that.

Can Schaub take us to a Super Bowl? That remains to be seen. But I will say this, we have as good of a chance of making it to the Super Bowl with him as our quarterback as any team in the AFC. Without him, our chances of going to the Super Bowl are slim, at best.

I realize the haters will come out in force to criticize me. they have done it before and they will do it again. All I can say is, we are 10-3 in the last 13 games Schaub has started. We were 4-4 in the games he was injured. That pretty much sums up the situation!
  • Satin
  • 09-24-2012, 12:07 PM
Nice posts BT and BB...I totally agree. I was also impressed with Dopey and his decision making for MOST of the day. I was even more impressed with the hits he took -especially that one and he got up and shook it off. He now has something in common with Evander Holyfield....

I am more impressed with our defense...they are animals. Yea, JJo got burnt once (receiver was out of bounds) & it's par for the course for KJ to get torched a few times, but overall they did very well.

Arian and Tate continues to impress and Andre is Andre when he needs to be. I just want those guys to stay healthy and be around at the end of the year.

Other good news: Shittsburgh got blasted by winless Oakland....my predictions for them are slowly coming true....lmao...
I think that the play where Schaub got picked was just a great defensive play, I don't think he has any regrets about the throw. Yesterday also reminded me why Schaub is perfect for this system, I don't think he could thrive in any other system as good as he does here. It may not be the most exciting thing to watch like the Pats and Packs last year, but it's getting the job done. And it's also not as predictable as the Niners or Lions last year. This team is great at keeping teams off balance.

I think the Texans and Falcons both have a shot at going unbeaten. I thought the Texans would drop the game in NY, with Revis done for the year, I no longer feel that way...

Tonight should be a really fun game, Rodgers is due for a monster game, and the world will get to see Russell Wilson, should be nice.
Schaub is playing very well there is no doubt about that.

Chime in my Steven A. Smith voice now, "HOWEVERRrrr, we still have to put up with his slow ass decision making and occasional terrible decision and weak ass throw. He should have thrown the ball away to avoid the safety and was lucky as a mfer to hang on to the ball and avoid a Denver TD with the sack on the first play of the game. Drink some fucknig coffee Dopey and be ready for the rush because they are coming for you!!! Manning would have never taken that sack. Also his pick was pathetic, he probably made the sound a little girl makes when he threw it and went, Uuuuhhh, It sure looked like it. Now about his arm strength, keep it mind he was playing in the mile high altitude and kicks and passes go farther than ever up there, that is why he got those bombs to Andre and Walter, credit the thin air with an assist.

Now without Stevan A. Smith chiming in with me, Dopey is playing real well. He has been very solid thus far. I really like his toughness. He has to have it being the sitting duck that he is.
Toughness - Check
Accuracy - Check
Leadership - Check
Playoff Win/Playoff Experience - Doh(Homer Simpson)
Mobility - Doh(Homer Simpson)
Quick Thinking - Doh(Homer Simpson)
Arm Strength - About like Peyton Mannings current arm Strength

I fear with the way he takes hits he may not make it through the season. That would be a shame because I think we can get a ring this year with this nasty ass defense. They are the key to this team.

Go Texans, Go Dopey!!!!
With Revis gone, we will be the reason Sanchez losses his position to Tebow. Texans defense ain't playing around and now the wide receivers can have a field day.
The 2012 Texans are a complete team. Things I've noticed:

The new receivers are making contributions. No longer are AJ, Daniels, and occasionally Walter the only viable targets. And Schaub is going through progressions like Kenny Stabler of old. Combine that with the strong running game pulling the safeties up into the box and we've got a truly potent offense. Finishing in the red zone with 7 instead of 3 doesn't hurt, either. Kubiak's play calling is making me happy, too - bring in 3 TEs and use them to flood the zone on a pass play? Very slick. And effective.

Only issues are a green right side of the OL, but progress will be made.

On the defensive side, it can be summed up with "Mario who?" Watt is a beast - he and the rest of the DL are getting great pressure sending only 4 rushers. LBs are among the best in the league. Secondary is showing signs of greatness - Joseph is a star, Jackson has made great improvements (no one is a great NFL corner straight out of college) and the safety play has been very good.

Special teams have been good enough. Bad field position has been resulting in longer offensive drives, tiring out the opposing defense. Our offense has been that good.

Last year showed us that the Texans have depth - the "Next Man Up" philosophy got us into the second round of the playoffs. To go farther, Schaub needs to stay healthy, and we can't afford to lose more than 1-2 of the other key players to injuries.

The schedule looks favorable as well, other than playing GB and Baltimore on a short week. I don't think it's realistic to think about an undefeated season, but 14-2 or 13-3 is looking extremely doable at this point.
Tonight should be a really fun game, Rodgers is due for a monster game, and the world will get to see Russell Wilson, should be nice. Originally Posted by TheDon
I HOPE YOU FUCKERS LISTENED TO ME AND WATCHED THE GAME, HOLY SHIT O.o

that was some cra shit..

RUSSELL WILSON MOTHERFUCKERS
Unfuckinbelievable......the seahawks beat packers on the last play of the game!!! Need to get referees outta there...but to be objective,the seahawks defense is the shit,i gotta give em respect.They crushed my cowboys last week,and their secondary is the best I have seen since the 80's raiders,or 49'ers. They play fast, physical,and they hit you...on another note,texans look great.Their Defense is off the chain I hope they stay healthy&focused.NO-BODY in todays NFL gonna go un-beaten,whether its because of injurys or bad calls.But I can see them going 12-4&securing homefield in the playoffs by week 13....
If Schaub and Dre remain healthy, I am holding out for 13-3 and home field advantage throughout.

As for the Pack, they didn't top any fantasy numbers chart this week but they should have last nights game. Hopefully the NFL will get off their asses and give the Scab refs the pink slip!
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT GREEN BAY HAD THE BALL LAST NIGHT IM SO ANGRY LOL
  • klutz
  • 09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
BULLSHIT BULLSHIT BULLSHIT GREEN BAY HAD THE BALL LAST NIGHT IM SO ANGRY LOL Originally Posted by oLiViA88
lol... I have no love for Baltimore... but the fans chanting "BULLSHIT" for like 20 minutes on primetime television was epic.

As far as the call last night... all I have to say is that if that would have happened in Houston... we would have lost our fucking minds....

Actually a pretty good thing it happened it happened to GB instead of us.... Houston barely gets any love... but GB has a huge fan base now.... = more outraged folks. Hopefully a change gets made and soon.
I Was Thinking The Whole Time Who Does That Really? It Was Clear On Camera Who Had The Ball I Was So Pissed Offf... They Been Having To Many Problems With The Ref's They Need A New Plan & Quick...
Hell it may not be a season next year if they don't get this ref shit figured out!
  • klutz
  • 09-25-2012, 12:31 PM
Mays suspended for 1 game for the hit on Schaub.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...n-matt-schaub/