NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Thanks Fellas...it's a long season as Satin said. Im just tired,same old crap every year with this team. Owner needs to make a statement. PICK UP THE DAMN PHONE JERRY!!! i suspect the raiders,jets,and kansas city,will all be calling you...i'd trade romo RIGHT NOW for 2#1's,richard seymour,and an o-line-man. go with orton,save money under the cap,while team is still young. He cant do any worse. That performance is UNACCEPTABLE!!! Look at DED's Steelers. They are Hurting,injured,and Down. But Their Coach is NOT going to let them accept any excuses!!! We are mediocre....not even worth JJ WATTS JOCK STRAP.......
On another note....TEXANS gotta watch out. THIS IS THE TRAP GAME. I agree with satin. you guys know what they say when you kick a dog down....on paper,the texans should KILL the jets...but i hope this isn't one of those "we gotta prove our manhood games" so watch out...jet's got nothing to lose.......
STATS N SNATCH

Total Offence: 14th(370.0yds/g) | Points/game: 2nd(31.5) | Time of Pos/game: 2nd(35:32) |TO: 3rd (tied/Bears)(+7)

Total defence: 1st(273yds/g)

**Week 5 Power Poll: Houston Texans UNDISPUTEDNo. 1**

Up for Debate:... Foster to join 400 club (400 carries/season)?? Or does Tate need more touches?

[SIZE="5"]I'm Stiiiiill Waiting on this little feller to show up BIG

So let me ask y'all this, what do y'all think of Holliday? Is he really that much of an upgrade than Jacoby? I really feel like he's in danger of fumbling the ball/get tackled for a loss when he returns punts, I don't mind him as much with Kickoffs, though. What do you guys think?
I think they ought to limit foster's touches...remember,he catches the ball too. It's a LONG....LONG...LONG....season. Nearly 20 games,if everything goes the way IT SHOULD. i say split it up 60-40,FOSTER,like it is now,because in the playoff's The texans are gonna need foster to SHUT THE DOOR,on whomever they play.....
Good stuff as usual, Willy.

So let me ask y'all this, what do y'all think of Holliday? Is he really that much of an upgrade than Jacoby? I really feel like he's in danger of fumbling the ball/get tackled for a loss when he returns punts, I don't mind him as much with Kickoffs, though. What do you guys think? Originally Posted by TheDon
Still early to tell, but 3 of 4 runback TD's per preseason game was off the chain. He'll run another back, just a matter of time. If he fumbles, he'll be cut. In that regard I like him better than Jacoby. It won't be like we loose WR depth in the process. Besides, D. Manning would likely be the next man up. After watching him return that pick 6 last game, I feel he'd be a weapon in the return game as well.... Fuck Jacoby.. LOL

I agree on giving Tate more touches, especially once we got the game in check by the end of the 3rd. However, Foster seems to have a high pain threshold and knows how to take a hit. Still, Tate is beast as well. Let's get back to Hustle and Flow. IMO

Texans vs Jets Trap game??? I disagree... First of all its Monday Night... Texans haven't got too many of those in years past. Also we are a fat ass O-for vs the Jets... I think the Texans will run the Jets off the runway, finally get their 1st W vs Jets, and hit the 5-0 mark prepping for Green Bay..
I think the Texans will run the Jets off the runway, finally get their 1st W vs Jets, and hit the 5-0 mark prepping for Green Bay.. Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
I like the way you think!

On another note, Jerome Soloman from the Chronicle gives KJ a well deserved pat on the back following his pick 6. Perhaps it is true, patience is a virtue!

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans...better-player/
]
Texans vs Jets Trap game??? I disagree... First of all its Monday Night... Texans haven't got too many of those in years past. Also we are a fat ass O-for vs the Jets... Originally Posted by One-Eyed Willy
100% agree with this. Plus I thought week 2 against the Jags was their trap game...

Holmes for NY is done for the year, will we see TO? Hmmm..
Man, Cowboy haters are everywhere........LOL
Damn.....you ain't kiddin ike....im mad as hell,but im not ready to wear bags over my head yet..........(maybe by week 10....i might)...
  • Satin
  • 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Damn man, quit crying like a little girl Ikester....

You mean to tell me you guys are not going to keep bragging on your 5 Superbowls and what you have done in the past? Lmao...

I know it's tough getting used to the fact that there's a new sheriff in town....

Texans # 1!!!!
I know it's tough getting used to the fact that there's a new sheriff in town....

Texans # 1!!!! Originally Posted by Satin
LOL... Hell, we still got room on the bandwagon if you cowgirl fans finally decide to come home..
  • Satin
  • 10-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Lmao...good one man, but we both know that will NEVER happen. Cowgirl fans can be quite annoying and arrogant at times, but one thing I have to give them credit for: they stay loyal to and support their team...

Several years ago when the Texans were horrible....I couldn't beg people to go to the games with me- now they're begging me and trying to bribe me for tickets....
The game tonight was booooring. But every time Pat Peterson touched the ball I felt like he was going to take it to the house, the guy is just insane, he looks at the ball and at the defender about 7 times before catching it, he's great at returns....and oh yeah, he's probably the best corner in the NFC.
The game tonight was booooring. But every time Pat Peterson touched the ball I felt like he was going to take it to the house, the guy is just insane, he looks at the ball and at the defender about 7 times before catching it, he's great at returns....and oh yeah, he's probably the best corner in the NFC. Originally Posted by TheDon
Paterson is a beast and the reason I didn't start Amendola on Fantasy. However before he got hurt, it looked like I would have regreted that... I hope its not as bad as they say.. I was looking forward to checking out that matchup.. Now I guess I gotta think about if its worth having a dud on the bench for 4-6 weeks... What's with my team breaking collar bones? Fuck!